Desired gamertag banned...but why?

Discus and support Desired gamertag banned...but why? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a really...embarassing gamertag right now. (PiIIarOfAutism) When I made it, I found it funny but now I'd like to change it. I'd... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EmaiAory, Mar 22, 2020.

1. EmaiAory
    EmaiAory Guest

Greetings,

I have a really...embarassing gamertag right now. (PiIIarOfAutism)

When I made it, I found it funny but now I'd like to change it.

I'd like to change it to "FermiParadox" but apparently that's forbidden. By trying around I could narrow it down to the word "Fermi" that's somehow forbidden. Though I cannot find any reason why that would be the case.

Can anyone enlighten me what's so profane about the word "Fermi"? I started using that name everywhere and I am clueless why I cannot use it here Desired gamertag banned...but why? :(

yours sincerely,

a very confused space enthusiast

:)

EmaiAory, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Jaxpug Win User

It is the aliens who have made contact blocking the name...
  3. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Strange situation. No one here can hlp you with that problem. the best would be to contact support and explain.

Link
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

That's strange that it would not be allowed. The only other reason I can think is if it had been reported for being used in offensive ways in the past, or if it might have other meanings in other languages. In any case, if it's not allowed, there's not
    much you can do but try to find another GT that you like. Best of luck.
  5. denis97g Win User

Hi! are you sure it wasn't simply unavailable?
  6. EmaiAory Win User

it said that the gamertag isn't allowed. I could name myself "Paradox", "ermi", "ferm" but nothing including the word "fermi".
Thema:

1. Desired gamertag banned...but why? - Similar Threads - Desired gamertag banned

2. Gamertag availability?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag availability?: I’ve just (finally) noticed the new gamertag system and decided to take advantage of the free change. I have two accounts and effectively wanted to change the GT on the second to the first and...
  3. Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.: Hello, my friends were over at my house and they thought it would be funny to change my gamertag to something vulgar. They changed my gamertag to "[mod removed]". I was wondering if I could get my...
  4. Xbox PC beta audio not going through the desired drivers on every single game (and thus no...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC beta audio not going through the desired drivers on every single game (and thus no...: Hello everyone! I'm using a logitech g933 through USB and use my G-HUB drivers for some nice dolby surround in all my games and it works wonders, yet everything sounds like bad stereo in every...
  5. Certain Desired Gamertag

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Certain Desired Gamertag: I am looking for the gamertag ''Script'' as it has been inactive for well over 5 years I believe.. I really would like to claim it and obviously no one is using it....
  6. Most desired sequel?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Most desired sequel?: There are tons of games out there that we have enjoyed but the series seemingly just stopped without another word. If you could see any series get a revival and find a new home on XBox, which...
  7. One X performance leaves much to be desired

in XBoX on Consoles
    One X performance leaves much to be desired: I'm so disappointed with this $500 purchase, but who's surprised? A few games can play 4k 60 and Microsoft is allowed to run wild with claims of "true 4k." This thing is a gtx 1060 with a potato...
  8. Profile corrupted offline account - Recovery very much desired.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile corrupted offline account - Recovery very much desired.: Dear support, I will stick to the facts on this. This afternoon i wanted to relax and play some videogames on my xbox 360. It's a first generation with a HDD drive (20 gb) that had 8 profiles on...
  9. Desired update to Media Player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Desired update to Media Player: As I've just recently used the media player app on the Xbox One, I've come to notice that the app will only continue to play music if it's in snap view. In a future update I hope that you can...
  10. Gamertag Issue - No Error For Desired Name

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Issue - No Error For Desired Name: Hey all! So I just got my Xbox One yesterday. I noticed I was able to do a free gamertag change, so I was like, "Cool!" Well, I ran into a problem. I'm not able to use my namesake/global alias...