Destiny 2 Unplayable on Xbox PC App But Not Steam

Discus and support Destiny 2 Unplayable on Xbox PC App But Not Steam in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been playing Destiny 2 on Steam with no performance issues on high graphic settings, but just got the Xbox Game Pass and replaced Destiny 2... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tree_people, Nov 18, 2021.

1. tree_people
    tree_people Guest

I've been playing Destiny 2 on Steam with no performance issues on high graphic settings, but just got the Xbox Game Pass and replaced Destiny 2 through the Xbox App instead. However, the game is noticeably slow and glitchy upon launching into menus, and in loading into actual gameplay is unplayable due to constant screen tearing and lag. I've tried downgrading all the settings to the lowest quality, turning off VSync, lowering the resolution, and updating Windows and device drivers. The game is even installed in the exact same location as the previous copy of Destiny 2 through Steam, and nothing changed on my computer in the 2 hours between last playing the Steam copy of Destiny 2 and starting the Xbox App copy for the first time.

Any idea why the same game is only working through the Steam launcher, and what I can do to fix this?

:)

tree_people, Nov 18, 2021
  2. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox game pass for pc destiny 2 not available?

destiny 2 is not available in the microsoft store on pc, it is available on steam/stadia etc, if its not on the microsoft store for pc it aint coming to gamepass pc due to licencing.

destiny 2 and dlc is only available on the console side of gamepass.
  4. Near_272 Win User

Bungie.net authentication error

My Xbox Live account is linked to my bungie account

im trying to link my xbox account with my steam so i can play destiny 2 on my pc
  5. stw.picknell Win User

I purchased the Destiny 2 Beyond light deluxe edition and its saying in game that i have to purchase the season pass

Just to be clear, you purchased the deluxe edition on xbox and then again on steam (as microsoft/xbox is not selling destiny on pc)?

DLC is not transferable between platforms, only your characters, equipment and season pass that is tied to your bungie account.

this is a little bit confusing, just want to be sure how you purchased the destiny 2 beyond light deluxe edition.
  6. zmaster2XXX Win User

Xbox one

There is no official steam app for xbox as it is a PC client. This wouldn't work.
Thema:

1. Destiny 2 Unplayable on Xbox PC App But Not Steam - Similar Threads - Destiny Unplayable App

2. Destiny 2 on PC (Xbox app)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 on PC (Xbox app): Hello, I've been having this problem for a long time and don't know why as my other games on Xbox app on Windows 11 Pro 64bit work When I click to start Destiny 2 the games starts to "Installing...
  3. Destiny 2 Issue With Forsaken DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Issue With Forsaken DLC: Ok, so the other day I was lucky enough to get a new Xbox series X. At first, I was glad that I would finally be able to play one of my favorite games, Destiny 2, at better frames with better...
  4. Destiny 2 Gamepass Version crashes after 30 minutes of gameplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Gamepass Version crashes after 30 minutes of gameplay: I have many Xbox gamepass games that I play on my PC, I only get frequent crashes on destiny. When the game crashes I don't get an error code, I just go straight to desktop after seeing my game...
  5. Destiny 2 DLC for Xbox and PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 DLC for Xbox and PC: I have recently purchased all the Destiny 2 DLC on my Xbox. I am wondering if this DLC is transferable to PC and the other associated content. Thanks, AI a6aac7b7-da8b-4f6f-a183-d62bfcecae14
  6. Destiny 2 Shadowkeep no longer displayed as owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Shadowkeep no longer displayed as owned: So after updating my Xbox and Destiny 2, the game started verifying files for a bit. After it was done, it said that it could not read my game files and that I had to reinstall the game. I did so....
  7. Destiny 2 shutting down my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Destiny 2 shutting down my Series X: Off and on since the X/S update over a year ago I've had problems with Destiny 2 shutting down my Series X. The issue has been especially bad with the current season of the game. I have tried...
  8. Skip Ahead Updates Have Made Destiny 2 Unplayable

in XboX Insiders
    Skip Ahead Updates Have Made Destiny 2 Unplayable: Ever since a Skip Ahead update from last week, Destiny 2 has been unplayable on my Series X. The game doesn't recognize the A button, which makes it impossible to go past the title screen. The...
  9. Destiny server issues, game unplayable with friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny server issues, game unplayable with friends: Last night 5 of us tried to join up. ( yes I know a lot of the game isn't 5 player) we kept getting all kinds of server erros. centipede, flatworm and other various creatures of earth seem be the...
  10. Destiny social interactions are unplayable [EXTREMELY ANNOYING]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Destiny social interactions are unplayable [EXTREMELY ANNOYING]: I cannot even play the game, it always boots me to orbit or to the main screen. First off whenever I try to play the crucible it ALWAYS disconnects me and kicks me into orbit. So I thought I...