DevKit Profile Picture

Discus and support DevKit Profile Picture in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everybody! I have a question here that needs to be clarified. Earlier today I saw an old forum post about being able to access some developer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aztrosi, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Aztrosi
    Aztrosi Guest

DevKit Profile Picture

Hey everybody! I have a question here that needs to be clarified.

Earlier today I saw an old forum post about being able to access some developer settings through a weird trick, and being as curious as I am I decided to give it a shot. Going into the Xbox One’s settings app, and going down to console info, followed by
    pressing the button combination ‘LB RB LT RT’ presents you with a few options such as changing the console Sandbox ID.

I changed my Sandbox ID from ‘RETAIL’ to ‘XDKS.1’ as I saw in the forum I mentioned that I was reading up on. Upon restarting my console and going into the profile picture settings, I had one new icon available: a basic image with a black background with
    the Xbox One wording and logo.

I selected this image as my profile picture as it was the whole reason I had done all of this in the first place, and then exited. I did everything again, but changed my Sandbox ID back to ‘RETAIL’ and then restarted my console. Everything is obviously working
    fine without any problems now that I’ve changed it back to it’s default Sandbox ID, but here’s where my question comes in:

I have only ever seen this profile picture associated with either Xbox employee or staff accounts, and as cool as it is I would like to know if I am breaking any rules or risking any sort of ban/suspension by having this as my profile picture. The picture
    clearly does not go against the Xbox Code of Conduct, and neither do accessing Developer Settings, but I would still like to double check just to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Aztrosi, Feb 21, 2020
  2. I Rezyl Azzir I Win User

DevKit Profile Picture

You should be totally fine as long as the image doesn't break any rules.
  3. CrunkMunk Win User

DevKit Profile Picture

Hey and welcome,

i think you shouldn't have any problems with that. Because you can also create custom profile pictures and as long as the picture does not offend or hurt anyone, you are also not violating any guidelines!

Best regards
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

DevKit Profile Picture

You should be fine as there's not a whole lot you can do in 'dev mode' with out actually purchasing the developer subscription and downloading the related app for it. In Dev Mode on a retail console without the app and register subscription account to develop
    software, and just in general, you can't play retail games at all. So with out the requisite account and software there's really no point or issue in putting your console into said dev mode.

You can learn more about it here if its something that seriously intrigues you or is something you may actually be interested in.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/devkit-activation
  5. WoolDock4 Win User

Xbox One Hands On +

Every Xbox One can be used as a DevKit though ?
  6. neilhorgan Win User

BF4 at Pax, Dont worry

So is the PAX build running on an X1 devkit or a pc with similar specs? Cheers!
Thema:

DevKit Profile Picture

1. DevKit Profile Picture - Similar Threads - DevKit Profile Picture

2. Can't change my profile picture

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change my profile picture: It's been 3 or 4 days since i've been trying to change my profile picture but every time i try, i get the same error, that i cant change it, and i must try later, but it's been 3 days later and i...
  3. I can’t change my custom profile pic because someone glitched it out

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can’t change my custom profile pic because someone glitched it out: I cant change my profile picture because someone glitched it out. It say come back soon or we need to verify it but it still doesnt work 90001c92-b6f6-4f4e-88d9-a938b4d81db3
  4. Can't change profile info because of "past behavior"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change profile info because of "past behavior": Hello, I want to change my gamer-tag in the Xbox Companion app on Windows 10, but I can't, because it says near the bottom of the screen, "you can't change your profile because of your past...
  5. Xbox Live Profilbild ändern nicht möglich -[Translation - Can't change Xbox Live profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Profilbild ändern nicht möglich -[Translation - Can't change Xbox Live profile...: sobald ich versuche ein Benutzerdefiniertes Profilbild Hochzuladen kommt die Fehlermeldung das es aktuell nicht möglich ist ein neues Profilbild hochzuladen. Ich habe es auf der Xbox selber als...
  6. Profile customization

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profile customization: Im kinda heated right now because I just got banned from customizing my profile, my gamerpic was a cat with an inverted pentagram on her head, whats so bad about that?. Cant ban me just cause I...
  7. profile picture

in XBoX on Mobile
    profile picture: It won't let me change my profile picture, and no matter how many times I try it won't accept any of my pictures on my phone at all, I've been trying and trying, but I can't insert my picture for...
  8. it won't let me change my xbox live profile picture

in XBoX on Mobile
    it won't let me change my xbox live profile picture: so for whatever reason when i am on the xbox app and try to change my profile picture it says that i need a adult account even tho in my settings i have a adult account, also sorry for the...
  9. Why can't I change my profile pic on the Xbox App?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my profile pic on the Xbox App?: I've tried changing this for a while now, three computers' I have used. I have checked the XboxLive code of conduct. It doesn't violate it. Please help. Whenever I enter my photo, it says next, so...
  10. Custom Profile Pictures Disabled COVID-19

in XBoX Accessibility
    Custom Profile Pictures Disabled COVID-19: Alright, so apparently custom profile pictures have been disabled temporarily due to COVID-18. Any reason why?How does this help at all? When will they be coming back? What happens is basically...