Did I trick my XSX to do DV 120hz on my LG CX?

Discus and support Did I trick my XSX to do DV 120hz on my LG CX? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ok so long story sort of short. I wanted to try Elder Scrolls Online new fidelity mode with 120hz as the game has some input lag in this mode. I forgot... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/primemn, Jun 17, 2021.

1. /u/primemn
    /u/primemn Guest

Ok so long story sort of short. I wanted to try Elder Scrolls Online new fidelity mode with 120hz as the game has some input lag in this mode. I forgot I wanted to do this until I was in game. So I went into settings, set the hz to 120, accepted the change and went back to the game, expecting it to load in as HDR instead of Dolby Vision

Much to my surprise… it stayed DV. I went back and forth into settings a few times and it was still at 120hz. I played around for a couple of hours and I swear that input lag was minimal to gone.

So the question I have is… was I imagining it? Does the game setting not switch until you quit and start it over? I did this and it did go to HDR.

I’m fully open to the fact I might have been trying to make it so in my head. People smarter than me… did i trick it or does it just not switch with a game you already have in DV 60hz until you quit and start over?

Thanks for reading

submitted by /u/primemn
    [link] [comments]

/u/primemn, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Games with fps boost, 4k dolby vision 120 hz, games downloaded ,cyberpunk 2077

There's a recent topic from someone about what, if I recall correctly, was an LG TV...from what I managed to find, Dolby Vision and 120Hz cannot be used at the same time...if you disable DV on whichever HDMI port the Xbox is connected to, then you should be able to use 120Hz

Games will only download one at a time no matter how many you have in the queue...it's not possible (far as I know) to get the system to download 2 or 3 at a time

As to games etc, my understanding is that games that are specifically Series X/S can only be played from the internal drive....any games not X/S specfic can be run from an external drive.

Main Xboxes left to change? Do i assume you are asking about how many more times you can set your home console to somewhere else? I'm not sure there is anywhere that lists how many switches are left, just that it will tell you if you hit the yearly limit (5). But I may be wrong

Edit: Just checked and the post about DV and 120Hz was about a Sony TV, not LG but the same principle will likely apply there.

Further edit: So, LG are rolling out 120Hz Dolby Vision via an update on it's 2021 OLED TVs. Apparently they are also testing the feature on some 2020 models bbut not sure which ones so you'll have to keep an eye out
  3. lavalampeLazer Win User

Xbox Series X and LG Class UltraGear 27GL850-B can't get 1440p with 120Hz - "This refresh rate isn't supported with your current resolution"

This is kinda wierd cause i got the xsx with lg gl850-b and i was able to ger 1440p with 120hz.

[​IMG]
  4. Echo4Ent Win User

LG 42PG20D: 120hz TV not compatible with the 120hz update?

I am sorry to hear about your TV issue.

TruMotion is a trick that LG uses for smoothing motion, called frame interpretation, it is not a true 120Hz display. The HDMI inputs for this TV only support up to 60Hz.

You can learn more about it, and what all of the other TV manufacturers do here: https://www.cnet.com/news/fake-refresh-rates-is-your-tv-really-120hz/
  5. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

DOLBY VISION TV LG OLED 2016

It's really up to LG but sincwe DV is so new on XBOX the hope is that things willk expand.
  6. Somethingc Win User

Dolby Vision not working on Xbox

Yep, figured that out and did the same thing, turned it off and now DV works again. Don't know why its one or the other and I'm not sure who needs to fix this, LG or Xbox.
Thema:

1. Did I trick my XSX to do DV 120hz on my LG CX? - Similar Threads - Did trick XSX

2. Why did I get banned on xbox live twice??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I get banned on xbox live twice??: Hello' But I got banned twice I dont know how I got a email twice of xbox enforcement.com is it because i kept false reporting probablyThat's why I have a second account because I'm scared that it...
  3. Why did Marble Blast Ultra get censored?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did Marble Blast Ultra get censored?: This title is quintessential to the vintage xbox 360 experience. Where did it go? Everyone who bought the game, paid good money for the game, where did it all go? Xbox remembers the game, but...
  4. Why did the extensions feature get removed from the first version of the New MS Edge...

in XboX Insiders
    Why did the extensions feature get removed from the first version of the New MS Edge...: They were working perfectly fine, now nobody will even ask for it to be back since not a lot of people know about this to begin with. submitted by /u/DeveloperNightshade [link] [comments]
  5. I wanted to cancel my XBOX Game Pass Ultimate Subscription, and when I did they charged me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanted to cancel my XBOX Game Pass Ultimate Subscription, and when I did they charged me.: The title says it all, they charged me today, and it says that my subscription ends today. Edit: It already ended, I have lost my money and my Subscription. GG Xbox. What should I do? What is...
  6. [help] Did not receive product in-game after ordering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [help] Did not receive product in-game after ordering: So i ordered 3 supply drop packs for call of duty advanced warfare (one pack today, the other two yesterday). My orders got processed, i got notified via email but i did not receive my products...
  7. i had a pre owned game and they did not put new codes

in XBoX on Consoles
    i had a pre owned game and they did not put new codes: I was putting in the codes on the cards and they where used! They need to put in new codes in the pre owned games it is very frustrating :( !! I sugest getting not pre owned pls seand me new code...
  8. Previous content history did not transfer to the new character I created.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous content history did not transfer to the new character I created.: I made a new character on Grand Theft Auto 5 online and my previous game balance and purchased content did not transfer over to my new character. c68cba9e-7c8f-4a9b-84cd-685ae47f4d84
  9. XSX connection issues (did not have these issues on one)

in XboX Insiders
    XSX connection issues (did not have these issues on one): My internet was just fine on the xbox one. Just got my xsx today, the internet connects fine but games are very laggy (200+ ping). Before I had <80 ping basically the whole time I played games,...
  10. Did one of the updates reset my console’s resolution output?

in XboX Insiders
    Did one of the updates reset my console’s resolution output?: Just a quick question - I was messing around in the setting screen, and found that my resolution was set to 1080p. I could have sworn that it originally set it to 4K UHD (this is an Xbox Series...