Different gamer tags on Xbox live and microsoft account

Discus and support Different gamer tags on Xbox live and microsoft account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Had xbox live for years. Just created a microsoft account using a different email because Microsoft wouldn't recognize the old email I had created the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AshleyAltizer, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Different gamer tags on Xbox live and microsoft account

Had xbox live for years. Just created a microsoft account using a different email because Microsoft wouldn't recognize the old email I had created the account with. When I did microsoft attached it to a gamer tag that I have no idea where it came from.
    Doesn't belong to my account. How do i get the two accounts linked up so I can see my gamer tag under microsoft. I changed the email address on the Xbox to the same one used for Microsoft account but they still wont link up? HELP!!!

:)

AshleyAltizer, Sep 26, 2019
  2. SubpotentBog41 Win User

Gamer tag to MS account

I am not sure how it happened. I already had a Microsoft account. When I got my xbox I created an account and got a gamer tag while setting up my xbox. I signed up for xbox live from my xbox using my existing gamer tag and Microsoft account. I then went
    to xbox live and signed in using my Miicrosoft account, and for some reason when I did this a new gamer tag was created and associate to my Microsoft account. So, now when I log into xbox live I see one gamer tag. But on my xbox I have a different gamer
    tag.
  3. TheLandNarwhal Win User

one microsoft account with my gamer tag, another account for my windows 8.1. link them?

Also, i cant delete the gamer tag that is on THIS email adress if that makes a difference. Ideally id just delete this xbox live gamer tag and then change the email from my real account to this email. but I also cant find a way to delete a gamer tag/xbox
    live account
  4. GhoulsANDGhosts Win User

Recover gamer tags on Xbox 360 after the hard drive as deleted.

Yes they were live accounts that's why they had gamer tags. A few years ago you can set up a gamer tag on the Xbox without the link to a Microsoft account so how do you recover these old gamer tags without a Microsoft account?
  5. SirDeboSon Win User

DLC for Mafia 2

It's the same Microsoft account, but different gamer tag.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Thema:

1. Different gamer tags on Xbox live and microsoft account - Similar Threads - Different gamer tags

2. Fortnite showing wrong gamer name and can't play on different profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite showing wrong gamer name and can't play on different profile: We recently purchased an XBox One. We have 3 different profiles, mine being the one associated with Gold. My son wanted his fortnite on so he could play it so I installed it while logged in with...
  3. Gamer Picture Different on Xbox Live Rewards than Everything Else

in XBoX Rewards
    Gamer Picture Different on Xbox Live Rewards than Everything Else: I had a friend who change my gamer picture a while ago and I have since changed it back. it's never updated through xbox live rewardsand it's kinda annoying. Anyway to force a change?...
  4. I need my rewards Points! Different gamer tag from my email

in XBoX Rewards
    I need my rewards Points! Different gamer tag from my email: I have a primary email that is not associated with my Xbox name. My primary email has all my reward points on it. But does not have my gamer tag on it. I need to get my pending reward point...
  5. How do I sign in with a different gamer tag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I sign in with a different gamer tag?: I bought a new Surface Book and accidently created a Microsoft account that is different from the account with my gamer tag of over 8 years. I set up the Surface on the new account. I am able...
  6. Using downloaded games on a different gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using downloaded games on a different gamer tag: Ive got Fifa 14 and Battlefield 4 downloaded on my Xbox One, and my brother wants to make a gamer tag on my xbox. He wants to play Fifa but will it still work if I have been playing it on my gamer...
  7. How do I associate an existing gamer tag with a different email address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I associate an existing gamer tag with a different email address?: My current email address is the one associated with my Microsoft account. When I signed into the Xbox app on my PC I guess it created a new gamer tag. When I went to change my display name to ""...
  8. Moving gamer-tag and purchases to different account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving gamer-tag and purchases to different account.: Back in the day... I started with a gamer-tag in the XBOX1 days and also used this with the XBOX360, later I got rid of all the gaming stuff and didn't use this account for years. Always been a...
  9. Moving my Gamer Profile to a different Microsoft 'live' account with subscriptions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving my Gamer Profile to a different Microsoft 'live' account with subscriptions: On my Xbox I have my gamer profile associated to a 'live' account with a gmail email address. I also have a windows live account for my PC (running windows 10) this is associated to a different...
  10. Same email, different gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same email, different gamer tag: When I tried to sign into xbox one I was told there was an error and to go to account.live.com. I did this, couldn't see anything wrong then noticed I had been given a gamer tag PurebredTomb2 when...