: Different speeds on PC and Xbox.

Discus and support : Different speeds on PC and Xbox. in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Different speeds on PC and Xbox. How do you measure the speed? Are you using the Xbox "built in" speedtest in the network settings? Be aware that... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Sam333222111, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Sam333222111
    Sam333222111 Guest

How do you measure the speed?

Are you using the Xbox "built in" speedtest in the network settings? Be aware that this test always seems to contact a Xbox Live server somewhere near Seattle/Redmond. So if on PC your speedtest lets you choose a speedtest server manually, choose a server
    from near Seattle/Redmond as well.

If you use the same Speedtest website on the Xbox One Edge browser, be aware that this browser runs in a virtual machine, which is "throttled" to give priority to the main game app that could be running on the console. Also, running in a confined sandbox,
    the Edge browser can't handle downloads as well as a regular PC browser. So the speed difference might also come from that.

Also be aware, that if your console is connected wireless, the bandwidth might also be different from the PC, depending on the passive interference in your home. Even a few centimeters make a difference between a good wireless signal and a not-so-good WiFi
    signal.

:)

Sam333222111, Sep 9, 2019
  2. ngocphi Win User

Different speeds on PC and Xbox.

Also you gotta remember the internet isnt all 1gigabit

Thats just yoir local connection

Just because you have 1gigabit per second doesnt mean everyone you encounter will have it

Thats not how the internet works

This is the way the internet works

First you connect to yoir host which depending on where the local login server lets say you are in the us east coast and the local server is in chicago (example) you may connect to 5 different nodes before you get to chicago and not all of them will have
    1gigabit per second for all you know one connection can be 100mbs or its so busy that they dont have 1gigabit to spare the router may spare you 50mbs and you have no control over that your connection may try and reroute.but its never garenteed nor will your
    isp ever promjse that much to every single server as its out of their control they only promise you a high speed connection to the internet not every service

Fyi the internet is a series of connected networks

There are no straight paths to a single server you will never get a top speed all the time and when you do a speed test thats between you and the speed test server their software is designed that way

It doesnt mean the internet is
  3. Ripins Win User

Different speeds on PC and Xbox.

Hi there, I would say there's nothing really you can do about it, I'd put in down to your computer has more processing power compared to Xbox and that's why the ping, unpload and download speed are so different.

Its a big difference from your PC to Xbox. Maybe a hard reset on your Xbox might help somewhat.

To perform a Hard Reset you Hold your power button on your Xbox for 8 to 10 seconds or until it turns off. Once the Xbox is off unplug your power pack from the Xbox so it has no power running into it. Leave the power pack unplugged for 5 to 10 minutes and
    then plug it back in and start up your Xbox. Let us know if it helps all. Thanks :)
  4. ArminatorX Win User

How do you measure the speed?

Are you using the Xbox "built in" speedtest in the network settings? Be aware that this test always seems to contact a Xbox Live server somewhere near Seattle/Redmond. So if on PC your speedtest lets you choose a speedtest server manually, choose a server
    from near Seattle/Redmond as well.

If you use the same Speedtest website on the Xbox One Edge browser, be aware that this browser runs in a virtual machine, which is "throttled" to give priority to the main game app that could be running on the console. Also, running in a confined sandbox,
    the Edge browser can't handle downloads as well as a regular PC browser. So the speed difference might also come from that.

Also be aware, that if your console is connected wireless, the bandwidth might also be different from the PC, depending on the passive interference in your home. Even a few centimeters make a difference between a good wireless signal and a not-so-good WiFi
    signal.
  5. LIlinWan Win User

downloading problems

I always use ethernet cable. And I did run a speedtest of my home internet, but the results are different on xbox and pc. It shows my downloading speed on xbox is 3-4mbps. On my pc it is more than 20mbps with the same line.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Connection speed is reduced.

If you have a 100Mb pipe you will not be running at the maximum. You can get near it but there is overhead and you will not see the max on any device. Different devices run at different speeds etc. and you have to understand a speed test on a PC/laptop
    is not connecting to the same server you are running the network bandwidth test on an Xbox console.
Thema:

1. : Different speeds on PC and Xbox. - Similar Threads - Different speeds

2. I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region: So I bought this Xbox live gold card a couple of months back. It turned out to be from a different region. Can I still use the card? I think I can change my region to do so but is there some legal...
  3. Two Different File Sizes, Why? Add-Ons Do Not Come Close To Full Size Listed on Top

in XboX Insiders
    Two Different File Sizes, Why? Add-Ons Do Not Come Close To Full Size Listed on Top: [IMG] submitted by /u/SenileTomato [link] [comments]
  4. Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.: I know this has been asked and asked again. I'm hoping this continues to get attention though. Currently I have my Gamertag tied to one Microsoft Account (MSA) and not the one I use. I would...
  5. Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?: I've had my GT linked to my parents email since I was super young, and now I'd like to transfer it to my email. Is there any basic way I can do this without going through a ton of support or...
  6. Moving Xbox Game Pass games to a different PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Moving Xbox Game Pass games to a different PC: Sorry for my bad English, It is not my main language A few days ago I downloaded some games on Xbox Game Pass on my laptop at a friends house. The reason why I did that is, because my stationary...
  7. Available Microsoft balance is different when paying!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Available Microsoft balance is different when paying!: Hey guys, I'd like to pay a game(56.25 TRY) by using my balance(66.5 TRY), but only 41.5 TRY is available when paying! Do you know what's wrong and how to do? Thanks in advance! [img] [img]...
  8. Difference between two versions of Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Difference between two versions of Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition: Hello everyone, I'm interested in buying Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition soon, however I noticed there are two versions of the product and aside from a price difference, I can't tell what one...
  9. Download speed and internet speed massively different

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed and internet speed massively different: Hello there, Let me cut right to it, basically, my internet speed on my Xbox is averaging 130mbps using online speed tests using edge and also the Xbox network settings tool, so yeah pretty fast!...
  10. 2 Systems downloading at different speeds why???

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Systems downloading at different speeds why???: So my husband and I just purchased 2 Xbox One Elite systems. we both started our downloads of our games at the same time and mine is much much faster then his. I am at least 6-7% faster. We are...