Difficulty playing original Xbox Game on Xbox 360 (Stuck on splash screen)

Discus and support Difficulty playing original Xbox Game on Xbox 360 (Stuck on splash screen) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought an original Xbox game (Tony Hawk 3) to play on Xbox 360. However, when I try to play the game it loads to the original Xbox splash... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by charliemonst, May 24, 2020.

1. charliemonst
    charliemonst Guest

I recently bought an original Xbox game (Tony Hawk 3) to play on Xbox 360. However, when I try to play the game it loads to the original Xbox splash screen but it gets stuck there. The game seems to continue as normal and pressing buttons skips the intro
    cutscenes and navigates the game menus but the splash screen never goes away so the game is kind of impossible to play. I don't know if it's the disc (there aren't any scratches on it) or something with the Xbox. I checked the list of Backwards Compatible
    games for the 360 and Tony Hawk 3 is on there.

I've tried these solutions

• Clearing the system cache
    • Deleting all of the system updates and reinstalling them

I would really appreciate some help here.

(Nevermind I found a fix, here's what happened

I kept searching and found a website that says you gotta change your resolution to 480p (under Console settings) and it worked perfectly)

:)

charliemonst, May 24, 2020
  2. SociopathJoe Win User

Xbox 360 s keeps freezing after new update 5/17/11 thanks microsoft, im done with you!

i can't even get to the dashboard. i'm stuck at the 360 splash screen.
  3. AngusD33 Win User

Dirt Showdown won't launch

Same problem! I did get it to work once. The xbox 360 splash screen was laggy and the sound was weird, but after that the game worked fine until I quit, then it started freezing on the xbox 360 splash again. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem; I
    LOVE this game and REALLY want to be able to play it again.
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox stuck on splash screen.

Could you try powering off the console,remove the power cable from the console and press the power button several times, reconnect the power cable and try the console again.
  5. WPAK Win User

Xbox 360-S Stuck at Splash screen

Hi there,

can you check how the system responds when you remove the hard drive:support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

if it is starting up quickly, then it has something to do with the hard drive or the content on the hard drive.

Please check if there are any corrupt files, and you could also try to see what happens when a different profile signs in, to determine if it is limited to a single profile, if it is only one profile, try to redownload the profile (only possible if it is
    connected to a Microsoft Account) to see if that solves the issue.

-

Let us know the results
  6. Vision Verrify Win User

Xbox 360-S Stuck at Splash screen

Hello Archaic954,

Welcome to the Xbox Support Forums.

I can imagine how you feel and this is a really annoying issue.

I am pleased that I may assist you with this and I hope I can help you out.

My first quess is that there are any corruped files in your Xbox Storage Device.

When you are logged-in, please try all steps that are been described in this
    Troubleshooting Page

Trying all solution takes a lot of time, but if you never try, you're sure you won't find the "Correct" solution.

If that didn't helped you out, can you provide us a little bit more information:

- The loading Circle, does it keep turning or is it freezed?

- Can you also try to Clear your System Cache and Update your Console with the lastest Update(s) via an USB Flash Drive. Perhaps the Update is corrupted.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thema:

1. Difficulty playing original Xbox Game on Xbox 360 (Stuck on splash screen) - Similar Threads - Difficulty playing original

2. Set "difficulty" of Microsoft Solitaire to mimic difficulty posed by an actual deck of cards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Set "difficulty" of Microsoft Solitaire to mimic difficulty posed by an actual deck of cards: How can I set the "difficulty" level of Microsoft Solitaire to mimic or match the difficulty of playing with an actual deck of cards? I want to play the game I learned growing up--and not play a...
  3. Difficulty downloading Halo: Master Chief Collection.

in XBoX on Windows
    Difficulty downloading Halo: Master Chief Collection.: [img] Previously had trouble with downloading Halo: The Master Chief Collection in full as a Microsoft Gamepass title. It appears to work if I first stop the listings of the games themselves,...
  4. Difficulties downloading AoE2 DE

in XBoX on Windows
    Difficulties downloading AoE2 DE: I bought AoE2 DE in Microsoft Store last year, I downloaded and installed, at that time, and work perfectly. However, last month, during the process of cleaning my PC, by Cleaning I mean...
  5. i am having difficulties to play gta 5 online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am having difficulties to play gta 5 online: bought my Xbox live gold membership but when I want to play GTA v online it tells me I have an "alert:" this profile does not have permission to play GTA v online...... how can I solve this...
  6. Can you change the difficulty level I Assassins Creed: Origins while you're playing it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you change the difficulty level I Assassins Creed: Origins while you're playing it?: I'm inding the setting very difficult on Assassins Creed Origins and was wondering it you can change it while playing to a lower setting? 75fafbf5-8c7c-4a39-bdb6-6cadc3abd87a
  7. I'm having difficulty playing a blu ray disc titled "The Beaver"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having difficulty playing a blu ray disc titled "The Beaver": I purchased a film titled "The Beaver", and it starts up and seems to work, until after I watch or skip all of the previews of other films. The app says that it is at the top menu, meaning I...
  8. How can I check the current Difficulty I'm playing in Call of Duty Ghosts Story Mode?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I check the current Difficulty I'm playing in Call of Duty Ghosts Story Mode?: How can I check the current Difficulty I'm playing in Call of Duty Ghosts Story Mode? Example (Easy,Normal,Veteran) 884317d2-0fe2-4a28-be75-049d05b76d3a
  9. Looking to play through on co-op, any difficulty

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking to play through on co-op, any difficulty: I will play with ANYONE. Preferably on Hard with voice chat, but any will do. I just want to experience the multi-player aspect of this game, which I'm sure is more fun than having three *** NPCs....
  10. I am having difficulties setting up my Home Xbox to play Mass Effect offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am having difficulties setting up my Home Xbox to play Mass Effect offline: I have spent the last 45 minutes chatting with a support rep who I believe proposed that I reset my router to get them off the hook. We had tried many things to get my Home Xbox and my account set...