Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update.

Discus and support Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This was an issue fixed by the previous update that's recurred on the latest update. Basically the Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:03 AM.

1. Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update.

This was an issue fixed by the previous update that's recurred on the latest update.

Basically the Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an Xbox in a different location.

I have an account on my father's Xbox (designated as my home Xbox so my father has access to my library) however any voice commands sent to my Alexa affect my father's Xbox, who doesn't have Digital Assistant enabled on his console.

Skip Ahead Alpha

submitted by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    [link] [comments]

/u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:03 AM
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

October 2019 update broke the Kinect

Well, Cortana is no more for Kinect. That feature was removed like around the previous update.
    Exactly, here is the information for the official patch notes:

Hey Cortana, it’s been real

With the October update, Cortana will no longer be available on Xbox, except as the digital assistant on the Harmon Kardon Invoke intelligent speaker.

However, voice interaction will still be possible for those with a Kinect sensor, using the Xbox voice commands. For a list of original voice commands, see

Xbox voice commands with Kinect.

Any device with Amazon Alexa can also be set up to use voice commands with your Xbox. To see how, visit

Set up Alexa for Xbox One.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system
  3. Mike Therien Win User

Directv DVR controls not working after update

This issue must be related to the Harmony Remote (or any IR remote?). If I use voice commands, the Xbox One sends them with out problem. But if I use the Harmony, the onscreen display from the Xbox One shows the button I pressed, but doesn't send the command.
    This is very strange, definitely a bug in the latest update of Xbox One.

I don't think this is an STB issue, since all of the DirecTv boxes use the same IR commands.
  4. Tr1N1Ty Impolex Win User

Store doesn't load ingame

Well, after the latest Firmware update, the issue fixed itself. Thank you for your assistance
  5. BlackRhino90 Win User
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Sidebar not popping up and games not working

I... hmmm.... didn't think of that, sorry. Do you have a mic or Kinect hooked up,

or a digital assistant
    , where you might be able to open settings via voice commands? "Xbox, open Settings"

If not, then with a USB drive you might want to follow the
    Offline System Update process
    which would boot up into a different menu to process that, since you can't get to the guide.
Thema:

Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update.

1. Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update. - Similar Threads - Digital Assistant sending

2. GTA San Andreas Digital on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA San Andreas Digital on Xbox One: Hi all, hoping someone can help. I bought GTA San Andreas onto my Xbox One via the store and it installed fine but, when I went to play it today, it told me I did not own the game, yet the store...
  3. Can you keep digital games in their day 1 update and play them so long as you don't update...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you keep digital games in their day 1 update and play them so long as you don't update...: Would there be any way to download a digital game before a relevant update and continue to play in the nonupdated version so long as the user plays offline and does not update? For example lets...
  4. Need to update my warranty coverage of Xbox One S All Digital

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to update my warranty coverage of Xbox One S All Digital: Hi, I bought a new Xbox One S All Digital edition from Amazon India on 16th March 2020. The standard warranty I expect is 1 Year from date of purchase but my microsoft account page shows...
  5. Digital game code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game code: About 2 days ago I bought a code for halo The master Chief Collection. I put the code in and redeemed it. I cant find where the game went and i cant redeem it again. I have look everyone in my...
  6. Xbox One Digital Code Redeem Internationally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Digital Code Redeem Internationally: My friend bought a Xbox One console from US and moved to India. He is currently using the Xbox in India. I am planning to buy a Xbox digital game code from US Microsoft Store and would like to...
  7. Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox: Since the latest update my Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an Xbox in an entry different location. I have an account on my father's Xbox (designated as my home Xbox so my father...
  8. How to activate digital assistance on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to activate digital assistance on Xbox?: works on my phone but not the Xbox through the headset and yes I checked the digital assistance box 0f8d0d6e-f837-44ed-89c7-042a12eae785
  9. Digital assistants and cortana

in XBoX on Windows
    Digital assistants and cortana: Hey guys can the xbox skill for cortana be enabled in the uk? Can google home be used to power on and control xbox via wake on lan ? f0034bec-2038-415b-95b5-0721829928ea
  10. No Enable Digital Digital Assistant on xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Enable Digital Digital Assistant on xbox One: Hi, I am trying to get the Beta Alexa skill to work and I am not seeing any link in devices to turn on "Enable Digital Assistants" in settings. I am part of the insider program and have linked my...