Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox

Discus and support Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Since the latest update my Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an Xbox in an entry different location. I have an account on my father's... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, May 22, 2020 at 6:32 PM.

1. Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox

Since the latest update my Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an Xbox in an entry different location.

I have an account on my father's Xbox (designated as my home Xbox so my father has access to my library) however any voice commands sent tomy Alexa have started affected my Father's Xbox.

Skip Ahead Alpha

submitted by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    [link] [comments]

/u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, May 22, 2020 at 6:32 PM
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

October 2019 update broke the Kinect

Well, Cortana is no more for Kinect. That feature was removed like around the previous update.
    Exactly, here is the information for the official patch notes:

Hey Cortana, it’s been real

With the October update, Cortana will no longer be available on Xbox, except as the digital assistant on the Harmon Kardon Invoke intelligent speaker.

However, voice interaction will still be possible for those with a Kinect sensor, using the Xbox voice commands. For a list of original voice commands, see

Xbox voice commands with Kinect.

Any device with Amazon Alexa can also be set up to use voice commands with your Xbox. To see how, visit

Set up Alexa for Xbox One.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system
  3. BlackRhino90 Win User
  4. Dinglestains Win User

Xbox one TV

The Xbox should go through a setup process to make sure the Kinect is sending the correct commands. I think it just asks for your TV provider and then the cable box that you're using. I think it will test the Kinect sending the commands during the process.
  5. nic0413 Win User

how to let corna respons to meh

6. tohellnbak Win User

Will/Should Xbox Kinectless come with voice commands?

OK there is more to it than something listening to your voice.... the kinect has its own processor... takes your verbal command.. figures out what you said... translate it to a digital signal that turns into a command and sends out that command to the correct
    area.. which in turns executes that command..

When you talk... say into a mic... the mic section transforms your voice to data signals that travel to a speaker.. which then re-translates those signals into sound...

NOT THE SAME THING
Thema:

Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox

1. Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox - Similar Threads - Digital Assistant sending

2. Denied a refund on digital purchase with no explanation whatsoever

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Denied a refund on digital purchase with no explanation whatsoever: So I bought Mafia Trilogy on the day of release, then found out that because I owned the deluxe version of Mafia 3, I should actually have made the purchase in-game though the Mafia 3 options menu...
  3. Trying to play Virtua Fighter 2 digital DL and am kicked off Xbox Live , can't play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Virtua Fighter 2 digital DL and am kicked off Xbox Live , can't play...: Everytime! I just purchased and am so frustrated. I have reinstalled my profile and everything. my xbox never disconnects until now with this game. any help is appreciated!!...
  4. Buying a digital copy as a gift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying a digital copy as a gift: Hello! If i gift someone a digital copy of the game on the microsoft store will they be able to use it? They are in France when i try to click gift it says that it can only be used in the United...
  5. My Digital Xbox one is freezing on the home screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Digital Xbox one is freezing on the home screen: I haven’t played on my digital xbox in a while and when i logged in it was frozen on the home screen i have tryed resetting it but my controller isnt working either so what do i do? kind regards...
  6. How can I play with a friend locally on Xbox one all digital?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I play with a friend locally on Xbox one all digital?: How can I connect the second controller and play with with a friend on eFootball PES 2020? Your help is appreciated Anthony e00ce2e3-09f0-4894-925e-0fcaabec26a2
  7. Digital game Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game Crashing: I just bought me xbox one s , i downloaded from the store 3 game none of them i can play it , giving me this code 0x8027025a i tried everything reinistal the game restart consol hard...
  8. How to activate digital assistance on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to activate digital assistance on Xbox?: works on my phone but not the Xbox through the headset and yes I checked the digital assistance box 0f8d0d6e-f837-44ed-89c7-042a12eae785
  9. Digital assistants and cortana

in XBoX on Windows
    Digital assistants and cortana: Hey guys can the xbox skill for cortana be enabled in the uk? Can google home be used to power on and control xbox via wake on lan ? f0034bec-2038-415b-95b5-0721829928ea
  10. No Enable Digital Digital Assistant on xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Enable Digital Digital Assistant on xbox One: Hi, I am trying to get the Beta Alexa skill to work and I am not seeing any link in devices to turn on "Enable Digital Assistants" in settings. I am part of the insider program and have linked my...