digital bought game not shown as owned and not able to install

Discus and support digital bought game not shown as owned and not able to install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear all, have bought Skate 3 today in the Xbox store for my Xbox One S (game was bought in the store on the Xbox). Paid via Paypal and Game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OverDoze21, Apr 8, 2021.

1. OverDoze21
    OverDoze21 Guest

Dear all,

have bought Skate 3 today in the Xbox store for my Xbox One S (game was bought in the store on the Xbox).

Paid via Paypal and Game downloaded directly; so far so good.

After finishing the installation and trying to start the game I always got the error "do you own this game".

When checking the store it is not shown as owned by me; when checking my order history on the MS homepage it is shown as ordered and completed; when clicking on it and being forwarded to the store it is still shown as not owned.

Meanwhile I had uninstalled the game and now I can neither download nor install it without paying for it again.

Have checked that it is the correct account (only have one Xbox account).

Has it anything to do with the ongoing issues for game launches and other stuff and I should simply be patient?

Or do I need to request a refund for the game and try all over again?

So far didn't have this problem with any digital bought games.

Thanks in advance

OverDoze

:)

OverDoze21, Apr 8, 2021
  2. onyxishere Win User

Xbox one games

Sorry to hear it. If it was a digital version that you owned then it would have shown up in the Ready to Install list. However, as you've said it was a disc version you will either need to purchase a new disc or digital version of the game.
  3. MisterJenks Win User

Forza Horizon 3 not detected on Xbox Play Anywhere

Hi,

I also own the game digitally and it is shown in my library, however, there is no “install for free” option within the windows store. I feel as if there is some sort of bug with my account.
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

Can't download my digital copy of rocket league on second Xbox?

To clarify, how do you own the game? Digitally or via a Disc? If you own the game digitally on your account you should be able to redownload the game from the Ready to Install section on the console.
  5. JayDelgado Win User

Pay twice a game?

If you own/bought a digital copy of a game, it should appear on 'ready to install' in 'my games and apps'. Also if you want to reinstall a game, make sure your using the same account where you previously bought the game.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Backwards compatibility For the new Series S

No. It wouldn't be shown as installed on another console unless you install it there or you have it saves on an external hard drive and use it on the new console. However, with disc games you still need the disc in the drive, so you would not be able to
    play it on the Series S unless you purchase the game digitally.
Thema:

1. digital bought game not shown as owned and not able to install - Similar Threads - digital bought game

2. Bought a digital game but no money was taken out and I have the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a digital game but no money was taken out and I have the game?: I recently bought rust ultimate edition on my Xbox and no money was taken from my bank and now other things have took out and there’s not enough if it takes out later on which is my question, Will...
  3. Bought a game digitally on my console and it still says buy to own. Won't install even...

in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game digitally on my console and it still says buy to own. Won't install even...: Contacted Microsoft support and they told me it's an emerging problem. They said the game would just show up in my library after the tech people fix the issue. Has anyone here experienced this? Is...
  4. Cannot play a 360 game I just bought digitally from the store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot play a 360 game I just bought digitally from the store: Im getting a message on launch of game that i need the license or disc but i just bought the game 2 nights ago and it already said completed and took it out of my bank. This is a xbox 360 game....
  5. Backwards Compatible Game bought digital not showing as owned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Backwards Compatible Game bought digital not showing as owned: So i just bought two backwards compatible games on the xbox store on my one and they installed but when I tried to play them, it shows the screen saying the person who owns it needs to sign in. I...
  6. Bought the wrong version of a digital game

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought the wrong version of a digital game: I bought the wrong version of a digital game for my son's birthday - got an Xbox One version and needed an Xbox 360. I grabbed the card off of the Xbox 360 display so didn't think to check the...
  7. game bought digital from xbox 360 on xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game bought digital from xbox 360 on xbox x: I have bought many games on my new Xbox x from the360 (all digital) first the used to work fine but now every time a try to play a game it just opens the game and then it crashes, and is not just...
  8. Will I be able to play all the games that I bought digitally (on the xbox one) on the Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Will I be able to play all the games that I bought digitally (on the xbox one) on the Series X?: Maybe its a silly question but i cant find an answer to this anywhere. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/petigru [link] [comments]
  9. Game won’t launch after bought digitally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game won’t launch after bought digitally: Hey, i got overwatch from the store and it took awhile to download since my wifi download speed isnt great, but after trying to open it it says i need the proper permissions, insert a disc or...
  10. Mağazadan dijital oyun içeriği aldım ancak KOD GELMEDİ![Translation-I bought digital game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mağazadan dijital oyun içeriği aldım ancak KOD GELMEDİ![Translation-I bought digital game...: Başlıktaki gibi, "1000 Apex Legends Coins" dijital kodunu aldım ödeme tamamlandı ve sipariş geçmişinde de gözüküyor ama "Sipariş Detayları" dediğimde kodu bir türlü göremiyorum. "Tamamlandı"...