Digital copy to replace physical copy

Discus and support Digital copy to replace physical copy in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My XBox One ate my Diablo 3 disc and then stopped working. The whole console just shut down. Seeing as I planned on replacing my console, I went ahead... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DisabledCreative, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Digital copy to replace physical copy

My XBox One ate my Diablo 3 disc and then stopped working. The whole console just shut down. Seeing as I planned on replacing my console, I went ahead and got an XBox One X because my other console is no longer being serviced due to being an old model.

But the game is still stuck. So I went to Best Buy and they did everything they could to remove it, but it isn't budging. It made "pop" sound like it was about to come out, but then it didn't.

So I contacted XBox Help to see about getting a digital copy considering my physical one is no longer available. Nope! I'll have to pay full price for the digital copy, which is $59.99. I already paid for the game, as well as for all the DLCs (I know I don't need to buy the DLCs again). There's nothing they can do to replace the copy, which is really frustrating.

I honestly don't understand why, if a consumer owns a physical copy and it's on their account, a digital copy can't be provided for free or at massive discount. I already have the game, but it's unavailable due to my old console no longer willing to give it up.

Is there any way we can, in the future, have digital copies provided to us? Digital licenses we won't have to pay for because we already have the game? This will prevent so many issues in the future!

Right now I'm about to just take a hammer to the old console because the screws that are on the inside are stripped on top and my screwdriver (regardless of size) can't get a grip on it.

submitted by /u/DisabledCreative
    [link] [comments]

/u/DisabledCreative, Feb 4, 2020
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

Sniper Elite 3 - not even loading!

Take it back to the store and get a replacement. Oh wait, it's a digital copy, you can't. Score another victory for a physical copy in the "Physical vs Digital" debate. I couldn't resist.

Anyway, I hope you get it sorted.
  3. Auswulf Win User

Games, digital or disc ?

Physical copies of games FTW. I prefer physical copies over digital as I like to have them displayed. Physical copies and digital copies each have pros and cons though.
  4. NEWB 720 Win User

Games, digital or disc ?

• A physical copy does not require internet
    • If marketplace content becomes unavailable you still have a physical copy
    • They can be found for dirt cheap if you know where to look.
    • They sometimes appear as amazing collectors editions.
    • They hold back the progression of the futurist vision of media.
    • A physical copy can be carried and sometimes played in regions where that content is intended to be censored.
    • A physical copy can get scratched, broken, lost, or stolen.
    • Physical copies cannot instant switch between games.
    • Physical copies require traveling to a store or waiting on delivery to aquire.
    • Physical copies take up shelf space.
    • They require factories and physical resources to produce and contribute to waste in the form of plastic wrapping.
    • Physical copies rely on a functioning cd drive.
    • Banned users can still play physical copies.

• Digital copies can be re-downloaded if they currupt.
    • Digital copies can instant switch between games.
    • Digital copies do not rely on the cd drive to access.
    • Digital copies can be aquired instantly without wait or travel.
    • Digital copies do not take up shelf space.
    • Digital copies are not impossible to find unlike some rare physical copies of games.
    • Digital copies are easier for the publisher to maintain control over.
    • Banned users lose access to their games.
    • They are region specific and can maintain better region regulation.
    • If content is removed from marketplace then access could be lost.
    • If you do not have internet you cannot buy digital copies.
    • They cost more than physical copies.
    • They can consume massive amounts of hard drive space.
  5. PartyStew Win User

MCC Crashing on Launch

Digital copy, and I've tried other digital and physical copy games with no problems
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Walmart dosnt want to refund me a bad disc of rdr2 i need help :(

Hello Kush,

As mentioned by many ambassadors, you will need to contact the store for a refund/exchange. Microsoft is unable to provide a digital copy to replace a physical copy. I will be locking this thread as it has been answered.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Digital copy to replace physical copy

1. Digital copy to replace physical copy - Similar Threads - Digital copy replace

2. NBA 2k20 (Digital Copy) Keeps Crashing on Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA 2k20 (Digital Copy) Keeps Crashing on Xbox S: Sup guys, For some reason as of recent my NBA 2K20 keeps crashing on my XBOX One S. I purchased the NBA 2K20 XBOX One S bundle for Christmas which came with a digital copy of NBA2K20. The game...
  3. Can I trade game disks for digital copies?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I trade game disks for digital copies?: I have an ongoing issue with my xbox one console where it will play blue rays, dvds and xbox one games on disks, but for some reason will not read any 360 disks. I have quite a few great last gen...
  4. Madden 20 digital copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 20 digital copy: Hello, I bought a digital copy of Madden 20 and it doesn’t work. I spoke to a Xbox employee and they couldn’t fix it. They told me to go to EA.com which i did and spoke to an employee they told...
  5. Digital copy of Modern Warfare repeatedly saying DLC pack for multiplayer required since...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital copy of Modern Warfare repeatedly saying DLC pack for multiplayer required since...: So my digital copy says I need DLC MP pack, my settings say pack 2 is queued and will install when ready. I have been to manage app hit install and it says installed without using memory at 9gb so...
  6. Disc to Digital copy installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc to Digital copy installation: Ok, so I have the standard version of Red Dead Redemption 2 on disc. I'm contemplating purchasing the digital Ultimate version of RDR2 to get the story mode and online rewards as it's on sale for...
  7. Wrapped hard copies, or digital codes for Christmas?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Wrapped hard copies, or digital codes for Christmas?: I prefer always disc games, but if the content is better in digital and cheaper, no doubts about it af368475-d88a-4224-b13b-2052dbaa4c6e
  8. What's the easiest way to gift my friend Digital copies of Original Xbox Games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the easiest way to gift my friend Digital copies of Original Xbox Games?: I'd like to buy my friend Star Wars: KotOR, KotOR II and Jedi Academy for Christmas, but I can never find the option to buy those as gifts. Is there a way to do this? I guess I could just buy him...
  9. owning a digital copy and xbox game pass ultimate, play together (simultaneously)

in XBoX on Windows
    owning a digital copy and xbox game pass ultimate, play together (simultaneously): I own a digital copy of forza horizon 4 and also have xbox game pass ultimate. when I (on pc) run the game and my son (on xbox one) launches the game, he can't play it because it 's already...
  10. My Xbox 360 broke my GTA V disc. Can I get a free digital copy to replace it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 broke my GTA V disc. Can I get a free digital copy to replace it?: I had a perfectly good copy of Grand Theft Auto V that I purchased at the midnight release last September, and my Xbox 360 broke it. It was not broken when I placed it in the drive, and I did not...