Digital Downloads over multiple XBOX Ones in the same household.

Discus and support Digital Downloads over multiple XBOX Ones in the same household. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am about to purchase 2 Xbox Ones, and purchased some very large Digital Downloads in excess of 50GB, these games will be access via 2 different EA... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Digital Downloads over multiple XBOX Ones in the same household.

I am about to purchase 2 Xbox Ones, and purchased some very large Digital Downloads in excess of 50GB, these games will be access via 2 different EA Access accounts.

Instead of doing a full 50GB download on both boxes, is it possible to get the 50GB from one xbox to the other without hammering my internet connection for 100GB?

My ISP is gonna go crazy if I do this, also the time required on a 3mb connection will basically render my home connection useless for a week if I am to download 100GB.

Thanks in Advance.

:)

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Sep 26, 2016
  2. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    Elder Scrolls Online will lock-out people with used or rented copies.

so what if you have a family of kids and multiple xbox ones in the home, sorry but i don't justify buying multiple copies of the same game for one household of my kids.

Farscape247, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Digital content on multiple consoles same household.

I have 2 Xbox one consoles in my house. I used to buy a lot of digital content but im getting very annoyed because I constantly get signed out my 2nd when im not using my main console. I can be in the middle of a great match in Call of duty and if my wife
    turns on my main console it auto signs me in and out of my game. There doesnt seem to be a way to set the main console not to auto sign me in. We live in the same house under the same ip. This is ridiculous. It is not only digital games either. I own many
    retail discs and it does the same thing. Its driving us nuts.

RagingPython67, Sep 26, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

If you have an external hard drive that is at least 256GB in capacity AND is USB 3.0, you can copy your games to that and then move them across to the new console.

Note: you will need to format the hard drive for use with Xbox One, wiping anything already on the hard drive, so only use a blank hard drive or one with files that you do not need to keep.

maxen, Sep 26, 2016
  5. Does it have to be USB 3, and is there any tuts on this (links)?

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Sep 26, 2016
  6. maxen
    maxen Guest
    maxen, Sep 27, 2016
  7. Sorry I wanted to transfer the game download to the internal drive, not run it from the drive I would transfer it with, e.g. download the 50gb games download to ext, then copy it to the other xbox internal drive.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Sep 27, 2016
  8. maxen
    maxen Guest

Yeah, I know, but even so the requirements are the same - because you're moving the installed game, the console requires it be fast enough to run the game. You can still copy it over to the other internal drive from the external, but it does need to be USB
    3.0 all the same.

maxen, Sep 27, 2016
  9. thanks will be cost effective and time effective to get a usb hdd for the transfer, any reason why it has to be 256gb?

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Sep 27, 2016
  10. maxen
    maxen Guest
    It has to be a minimum of 256GB, but you can have up to 16TB (though there are no commercial drives at 16TB). Anecdotally, the typical size people go for would be 1, 2 or 4TB, though that's for players who keep games installed there and run the games from
    the external drive. As you're just doing transfers, and you mentioned you have about 50GB of content, I would suggest that a 500GB drive would be sufficient - they're available in large quantities and should be relatively inexpensive.

maxen, Nov 2, 2018
  11. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

thanks will be cost effective and time effective to get a usb hdd for the transfer, any reason why it has to be 256gb?
  12. maxen Win User

Yeah, I know, but even so the requirements are the same - because you're moving the installed game, the console requires it be fast enough to run the game. You can still copy it over to the other internal drive from the external, but it does need to be USB
    3.0 all the same.
  13. maxen Win User

It has to be a minimum of 256GB, but you can have up to 16TB (though there are no commercial drives at 16TB). Anecdotally, the typical size people go for would be 1, 2 or 4TB, though that's for players who keep games installed there and run the games from
    the external drive. As you're just doing transfers, and you mentioned you have about 50GB of content, I would suggest that a 500GB drive would be sufficient - they're available in large quantities and should be relatively inexpensive.
  14. maxen Win User

15. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Sorry I wanted to transfer the game download to the internal drive, not run it from the drive I would transfer it with, e.g. download the 50gb games download to ext, then copy it to the other xbox internal drive.
Thema:

1. Digital Downloads over multiple XBOX Ones in the same household. - Similar Threads - Digital Downloads multiple

2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Standard Edition Digital Download Missing Content?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare Standard Edition Digital Download Missing Content?: Hi, Xbox forums! I'm wondering if you can help me today with an issue regarding missing content "packs" disabling me to play the game. Having entered the code I had purchased (UK code for the...
  3. Xbox 360 digital download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 digital download: Recently bought SKATE 3 from marketplace for xbox 360, and a few minutes in, it says unreadable disc and it goes to dashboard. Already tried to troubleshoot with no success. Any answers would be...
  4. digital download code problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    digital download code problems: I purchased 2 call of duty modern warfare digital standard edition cards and I have been trying to get these cards to work for my boys for a few months now. there was no code printed on receipt...
  5. Xbox 360 to xbox one digital download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 to xbox one digital download: Hi I bought zoo tycoon for my daughter about 3 months ago she played it once or twice for the whole of 30 min, and then I upgraded to a xbox one. I then tried to upload it to the xbox one, and...
  6. My digital download keeps crashing at %80 everytime

in XBoX on Consoles
    My digital download keeps crashing at %80 everytime: I bought a digital copy of a game and iv tried downloading over and over and only ever gets to %80 then restarts.all my other games and apps are downloading fine and its not a massive file or owt...
  7. Download won't finish on game bought digitally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download won't finish on game bought digitally: Since I'm stuck at home for a while, I bought a few games off the store on my xbox 360. The first 2 were teeny tiny and didn't give me any trouble. I bought two bigger games (5G and 7G...
  8. digital download issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    digital download issue: inherited an xbox one. trying to reinstall Bioshock Infinite and it won't go past 72.2% efcc4d5b-fdc2-474d-b493-a5ac77f39f3a
  9. Destiny Taken King digital download for xbox 360 - access to content from multiple accounts on ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny Taken King digital download for xbox 360 - access to content from multiple accounts on ...: We have 2 Xbox Live Gold accounts on my 360 and tonight I purchased the Taken King digital download for $40 from within the Destiny game. The file download was listed as a 108KB file size so I...
  10. Multiple Xbox One consoles, one digital download share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox One consoles, one digital download share?: This is a recent question I had about the whole pre-load(digital game download) thing, "Home Xbox", and whatnot. So, I was wondering if you have 2 Xbox One consoles, one of which had digitally...