Digital Game Ownership

Discus and support Digital Game Ownership in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So my gf plays Xbox on her brother's account. They each have a profile and Gamertag setup on the Xbox. For Christmas, I bought her Destiny 2 w/ the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lVIercenary, Feb 12, 2019.

1. lVIercenary
    lVIercenary Guest

Digital Game Ownership

So my gf plays Xbox on her brother's account. They each have a profile and Gamertag setup on the Xbox. For Christmas, I bought her Destiny 2 w/ the DLC, and she is considering getting Anthem. This summer, or spring, she will probably buy an Xbox for herself.
    I made sure she was logged into her gamertag when we bought destiny 2, but her brother's account is still the main account on the Xbox.

So, which account will own the digital games?

If the digital games I buy for her when logged in on her gamertag, are somehow tied to her brothers, can we transfer the ownership when she buys a new Xbox?

:)

lVIercenary, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Please help me

No. There is no way to transfer digital ownership of a game.
  3. Villarino Win User

Digital Game Ownership

Hello! The short answer is yes. Each purchase is tied to your (her) account in this case , please check this, it may be helpful for you

https://support.xbox.com/en-uS/games/game-setup/playing-across-multiple-consoles
  4. DJ DID Win User

Digital game ownership question

The way I can see it working is this.make console in one room home gold and download all your digital games on that machine.anyone that uses the home gold machine can play on xbox live even if they don't have gold membership.then simply log in on another
    console in another room and all your games will be there ready to play.both will be able to play online together.hope it will work this way it will be great for me and the kids to play together online.
  5. INFERNOII7 Win User

Loss of digital game ownership

I have not found it in the billing orders, what makes it peculiar is my account is the only one on the xbox that has bought any games. Ive never made a secondary account or shared accounts. My 360 was wiped and sold when the one came out. the game has worked
    from when it launched backwords compatible on the one.
  6. choppyseize Win User

Loss of digital game ownership

Hi

Anything you own will show as owned in the Xbox store as well as in your purchase history, Having achievements for a game doesn't prove you own the game. It really sounds like another account owns the game and just removed your console from being allowed
    to use it
Thema:

Digital Game Ownership

1. Digital Game Ownership - Similar Threads - Digital Game Ownership

2. Is it possible to sell back digital download games, or trade in for credit?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to sell back digital download games, or trade in for credit?: I have alot on my account and I don't want to just delete them if I can get any money back for them. Is this at all possible? 44558c95-9569-4ca7-a08f-b01a5d98a949
  3. Xbox Game Disc and Digital Titles Region Boundaries

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Disc and Digital Titles Region Boundaries: Hello, I have a rather simple question to ask it involves the restrictions set on most Digital and Physical products that have a license to play in a device. As we all know sometimes they do not...
  4. Digital game download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game download: Buckle in because i wanna be thorough. I was at a friends place and decided to buy the spyro trilogy. The wifi over there seemed pretty decent i didnt think there would be any problems but when it...
  5. Xbox one error with digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one error with digital games: I was trying to play assassina creed odyssey and a message appeared that said my save required some additional dlc to load exept I have all dlc installed I clicard a to download missing content...
  6. Digital game installation stopped error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game installation stopped error: I recently bought Rainbow Six Siege digitally and when the installation gets to 0.8% it just stops. I’ve tried everything except factory resetting it, which I’m not doing, is there anything I can...
  7. Loss of digital game ownership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Loss of digital game ownership: I have played cod black ops (digital edition) since the 360 even on the xbox one. But out of the blue i was given an error code that said i need to own the game to play. (I bought it years ago...
  8. Digital ownership of XB360 games into XB1

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Digital ownership of XB360 games into XB1: I bought Far Cry 4 on my Xbox 360 digitally through the store. I now have an Xbox One and would like to play FC4 on that, but I don't (if possible) how to make the XB1 recognise my ownership of...
  9. Preview Program Updates Cause Console to not recognize my ownership of digital games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Preview Program Updates Cause Console to not recognize my ownership of digital games: I already contacted customer support and was with them for about an hour. Eventually got told they'll contact me in 24 - 72 hours with an update on my issue. Last time this happened (roughly 2...
  10. Game Ownership Transfer - Digital Copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Ownership Transfer - Digital Copy: Hello, I am wondering if I can give my Halo 5 to someone else. I have won a second copy of the game and I'm wondering what ways there are for me to give it to someone else when dealing with a...