Digital games' region restrictions

Discus and support Digital games' region restrictions in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I'm about to purchase some (digital copies of) games from Microsoft but it's not clear to me wether they're region locked or not. All the major cd... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Phoenix 413, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Phoenix 413
    Phoenix 413 Guest

So, I'm about to purchase some (digital copies of) games from Microsoft but it's not clear to me wether they're region locked or not. All the major cd key selling websites mark every game's region restriction, Microsoft doesn't. Does it mean that all of them are region free?

The reason i asked this is I'm living in the UK now but I'm moving back to an EU country (Hungary) soon and i'd like to use these games back home too.

Thanks for advance!

:)

Phoenix 413, Jul 23, 2021
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

How to buy digital versions of games for xbox 360

What game is it you are trying to purchase? Sometimes it's restrictions on digital content and distribution in that region. It's possible to find a disc copy of that game that is compatible with the region of Xbox console you have.
  3. Mr Wolf 15G Win User

Will a game that I buy from the xbox one US site work here in AUstralia?

US games used to work if you bought them digitally. I think it's restricted now regarding what regions you can buy from.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Region

Xbox One games do not have region restrictions. However, if he bought you a digital code as a gift using the new gifting feature then you won't be able to redeem that as gifting is currently only region specific.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox one games region locked

The Xbox One is region free, which means that if you purchase a disc game from anywhere in the world, you can play it on your console. The only exception is China, as their consoles are region locked to their region only.

Digital content is a different matter. Some content is not available in certain regions, due to restrictions, not given a rating, etc, etc.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Hi, im from colombia, and i want to know, why dont appear Ninja Gaiden Black In the Xbox One Store

Unfortunately not all Xbox or Xbox 360 games were made available to purchase digitally in all regions. Usually due to restrictions in the area. It would have been something that was up to the developers though.
Thema:

1. Digital games' region restrictions - Similar Threads - Digital games' region

2. Have Ultimate Pass/ Getting Region code error on digital game purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have Ultimate Pass/ Getting Region code error on digital game purchase: Im using xbox360, I understand that I can only recieve xbox live gold due to my console. Outside of all that however, I know I should not be getting a region code error on a digital game brought...
  3. Xbox Digital Game Codes regions ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Digital Game Codes regions ?: hey guys i want to purchase a digital game code from amazon, but i been reading the game codes have regions like US and EU. so: 1- how many regions are there ? 2- will i be able to activate...
  4. Xbox Game Disc and Digital Titles Region Boundaries

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Disc and Digital Titles Region Boundaries: Hello, I have a rather simple question to ask it involves the restrictions set on most Digital and Physical products that have a license to play in a device. As we all know sometimes they do not...
  5. Buying Digital Games using a Credit Card of a different region

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Buying Digital Games using a Credit Card of a different region: Are you able to use an Overseas Credit Card such as from Singapore to buy something in the US store? 33c74ed6-a53a-4840-afa2-9cc0404c9c05
  6. Can't buy a game digitally because of region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy a game digitally because of region: I live in Iceland and I wanted to buy Halo 3 on the xbox store for my old 360 and it would not let me complete my purchase. I tried also buying a digital gift code or whatever but that didn't work...
  7. Purchasing digital games from other region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchasing digital games from other region: Hello, I want to ask you for help. What is consequences of purchasing digital games from Xbox Store for region which is different as my location ? Example. If I am in Austria and I want...
  8. AC 3 Digital Game Region Locked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AC 3 Digital Game Region Locked?: hello. I wanted to buy AC 3 in the Xbox Store using my xbox 360 and it prompts me an error code 80150017 is this some kind of a region locked game? I have a US acct and NTSC-J console but not...
  9. Region Code Error on digital purchased games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Region Code Error on digital purchased games?: Hello Team, I have been living in germany most of my life. I gave away my xbox(PAL) and I am now using a NTSC System. The digital games that I bought wont play?!? Well.....the reason I bought...
  10. Xbox One Bundles - Digital Game Codes - Region-Free?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Bundles - Digital Game Codes - Region-Free?: Hello , So,I want to buy Xbox One with The Witcher 3 from Italy,the problem is that i don't know if i can use the "The Witcher 3" code on a account that has a different region.I don't like...