Digital Games will not launch Offline. Home Xbox is configured.

Discus and support Digital Games will not launch Offline. Home Xbox is configured. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Series X on Xbox All Access (monthly repayments, includes Ultimate). Ultimate is activated and the Series X is designated as the home Xbox.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Griffs4, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Griffs4
    Griffs4 Guest

I have a Series X on Xbox All Access (monthly repayments, includes Ultimate).

Ultimate is activated and the Series X is designated as the home Xbox.

Today the Internet is down at home and no games will launch. They all display the message:

For this game, you need to be online

Use this Xbox regularly? Make it your home Xbox so you can play games you own, even offline.

Note the home Xbox is definitely configured. I've verified it at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

I've also seen some comments that the Xbox needs to be set as offline before the Internet is disconnected. This does not match the documentation and is not the behavior I expected when deciding to purchase.

https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/help/hardware-network/connect-network/using-xbox-one-offline

If you’re offline due to an outage of your home network, ISP, or Xbox Live, we recommend not setting your Xbox to offline. Although you’ll be offline either way, leaving your
    Xbox set to online lets it automatically reconnect to Xbox Live as soon as possible.

When your Xbox is offline you can:

• Play games (provided you've set this as your home Xbox or have a game disc)

:)

Griffs4, Jan 13, 2021
  2. gabriel felipe_977 Win User

Jogo pedindo para entrar com a conta que compro o jogo [Mod Translation - Game asking to enter the account I buy the game]

Como você disse ele esta definido como xbox principal desde quando eu o comprei

Unless you have your console configured as your
    Home Xbox
    , you will be unable to play any digital games you own offline. This is because only the individual whom purchased the game is allowed to launch it on the console.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Home xbox

Hey Hayden

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are seeking to share a game you purchased across multiple consoles.

Bear in mind, that only the person that bought the game digitally can launch it, and it can only be launched while connected to the internet.

The person that bought the game would have to go and configure the Xbox they will not be playing on while signed in as their

Home Xbox
    . This would, in-turn, provide erveryone on that Xbox to have access to their digital games even while offline, as well as their subscription benefits.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you.
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Family account issues

Hey Sith

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able play multiple games on different consoles simultaneously while having your console configured as your Home Xbox.

Only the person that bought the digital game, can play the game. If you bought it digitally, you can play this game offline, as long your console is configured as your Home Xbox. Configuring a console as your Home Xbox also allow others to play your digital
    games, as well as
    share some of your Xbox subscription benefits

Keep in mind that if you have a physical copy of the game, even if the game is installed, you will still need that game in order to be able to use it. Physical copies of games can also be used offline, or on another account.

That being said, hypothetically speaking, you would sign into a console and configure that as your Home Xbox, so anyone of your kids can use your digital games and subscriptions on that console under any other account, in this case, it cannot be your account.
    However, you will need to be signed into your account on the Xbox that is not configured as your Home Xbox, so that the system can recognize that you own these games.

In other words, one of your kids can use their own account to play games on the Home Xbox, but when you are playing on the console that is not configured as your Home Xbox, you will have to be on your account.

I hope this was able to clear up any confusion this might have caused.
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Jogo pedindo para entrar com a conta que compro o jogo [Mod Translation - Game asking to enter the account I buy the game]

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about not being able to launch a game while you were offline.

Unless you have your console configured as your
    Home Xbox
    , you will be unable to play any digital games you own offline. This is because only the individual whom purchased the game is allowed to launch it on the console.

Unless you have a physical copy of that game, you will need to connect to Xbox Live in order for the system to recognize that you own this game.

Additionally, playing Game Pass games offline for a ceartin timeframe only pertains to the

PC variation of the subscription

I hope this was able to clear up any confusion this might have caused.
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

game sharing

Hey Shawn

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about how to share a game across multiple consoles in your home.

As stated by Xbox Forums Ambassador {Parity}, this can be done by configuring the Xbox One of one of your child's as your

Home Xbox

This will allow you to share not just any digital games that you own on your account, but any Xbox subscriptions that you have as well. This will also allow your Home Xbox to play any digital games you own offline.

Keep in mind that you will need to be signed into your account and connected to Xbox Live [the internet] on your console in order for you to launch any digital games.

Additionally, you can only
    configure your Home Xbox
    on one console at a time, and you can also switch it five times per year.

I hope this is of some help to you.
Thema:

1. Digital Games will not launch Offline. Home Xbox is configured. - Similar Threads - Digital Games launch

2. Xbox one launching most digital games issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one launching most digital games issue: Hi! I cant currently load most games (digital ones) but even some disc games. On one disc game i can start the game if i sign out of my account to load the game then log back in when prompted....
  3. Unable to launch digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch digital game: Recently installed Dying Light The Following digitally, it does not appear in my games and when i look in the Microsoft store itll say ‘LAUNCH GAME you own this’ as I click it, it is still does...
  4. Launching digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launching digital game: Installed Dying Light The Following digitally again recently and now it does not want to launch. It does not appear in my games and on the Microsoft store it says ‘LAUNCH GAME you own this’ but as...
  5. Launching a digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launching a digital game: Last year I had bought dying light the following digitally. It's been uninstalled for a while now but recently I've been wanting to play it. I installed it now it does not want to launch. It...
  6. Can't launch Fortnite or other digital games on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Fortnite or other digital games on Xbox One S: It's been like a week that I can't play my digital games for a week. When I try to open Fortnite it does not open the game, it stays loading the game for a long time and then it returns me to the...
  7. So are refunds on digital games that have been launched not allowed anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So are refunds on digital games that have been launched not allowed anymore?: So I purchased Watch Dogs Legion. I played it for a bit before noticing that the game has many bugs. I looked more into it, and apparently there is a bug that can delete your save file. Due to...
  8. Game won’t launch after bought digitally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game won’t launch after bought digitally: Hey, i got overwatch from the store and it took awhile to download since my wifi download speed isnt great, but after trying to open it it says i need the proper permissions, insert a disc or...
  9. Launch fails, digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch fails, digital games: Network and services checkout fine in my Xbox One X settings. I've attempted to launch Division 2 then Battlefield 4, they won't. Notification says Sorry took longer than expected. Haven't tried...
  10. Cant launch digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant launch digital game: I try to launch Ranbow Six Seige and the game closes out and takes me back to the home page. I have tried looking to see if there were any outages or updates and i also restarted and unplugged my...