Digital only Xbox - Question regarding games

Discus and support Digital only Xbox - Question regarding games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been looking at the digital only version of the Xbox One S, mainly to use in a different room for playing online at the same time as my son (on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sparkynick77, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Sparkynick77
    Sparkynick77 Guest

I have been looking at the digital only version of the Xbox One S, mainly to use in a different room for playing online at the same time as my son (on games that don't have 2 player / split screen.)

My Question is... If I sign onto the new console would it know the games I had already installed from disc on my old console and then give the option to download the full version bearing in mind it doesn't have the drive to put the disk in to run like my
    old one has...?

Basically I'm hoping to avoid buying duplicate copies of games just so we can both play at the same time..

Also would my gold subscription work on this other console..

Hope this makes sense! and thank you for any help.

BR

Nick

:)

Sparkynick77, Sep 4, 2019
  2. denis97g Win User

if it's a digital game, you'll find it in the ready to install section of my games and apps.
  3. Sparkynick77 Win User

Thanks Denis … I thought as much... so what if the original purchase was a digital download (think I bought a Lego one in the sales!) I've always liked to have the physical disc but I might be regretting this now !! :D
  4. denis97g Win User

The gold sub will work, but you'll need to buy the digital version of your disc games.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Question Regarding Digital Games and Two Xboxes

6. luissolid Win User

Physical Collections and Keepsakes

At first i purchase all my games on physical copy, but since the Xbox One launch i purchase more and more games on digital. Now i only purchase digital and only the games a i really like on physical and digital. For example HALO, Forza, Metal Gear, Gears.

Regards!
Thema:

1. Digital only Xbox - Question regarding games - Similar Threads - Digital Question regarding

2. Quick digital gift card question

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Quick digital gift card question: Quick question. If I’m shopping on the windows store, logged into my MS account, and purchase a digital gift card, will that be deposited directly into my MS account since it’s logged in, or will...
  3. Question about refunds on digital games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about refunds on digital games.: A day or two ago I accidently bought another copy of red dead redemption 2 and wanted to get a refund for it, but I was informed I couldn't and I tried to find out why but I couldn't really find...
  4. Digital Pre-Order Punchcard Question

in XBoX Rewards
    Digital Pre-Order Punchcard Question: So, my question is fairly simple. I actually pre-ordered Tekken 7 digitally last month, and it's on this month's digital pre-order punchcard.. Will I still get credit for the pre-order even...
  5. Question: Home Xbox and Sharing Digital Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question: Home Xbox and Sharing Digital Games: I have always played video games, and now that they have upgraded to a home entertainment system, I haven't completely learned how it works. spending that much time trying to figure out some...
  6. Physical to Digital question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical to Digital question: Hey guys I have probably a stupid question but i was wondering....I own Halo 5 on a disk. Today I saw it in the xbox store for like 15 dollars so I clicked buy. I had the physical version...
  7. Grandmother with question about Digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grandmother with question about Digital game: As said above I am a grandma and no nothing about Xbox one. I bought my grandsons a digital game. After downloaded to Xbox can it someway be downloaded to a disc? They are moving to a different...
  8. Question Regarding Digital Games and Two Xboxes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Digital Games and Two Xboxes: I presently have an original Xbox One that my young son and I have been playing for quite a while. We've been playing under the same gamertag up until this point and have downloaded several games....
  9. Question about re-downloading digital games on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about re-downloading digital games on Xbox One?: Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me verify an answer to my question I have about being able to re-downloading games on Xbox One? I was thinking about buy a digital version of a game...
  10. Digital game sharing question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digital game sharing question: Could someone tell me if digital game sharing would still work if it was a prepaid card (code) purchase that was not bought from the Xbox/Microsoft store (e.g.. Gamestop, Walmart), or if sharing...