Digital or disc

Discus and support Digital or disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to download/play a disc game without the disc when you already own it and have it downloaded? 6b24521f-5a13-4454-a4e4-3cf9540c76b5 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TaulBaux, Jul 16, 2019.

1. TaulBaux
    TaulBaux Guest

Digital or disc

Is it possible to download/play a disc game without the disc when you already own it and have it downloaded?

:)

TaulBaux, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Zero Divided Win User

whats on your list

Destiny(digital)

Evolve(digital)

Halo:MCC(digital)

Sunset Overdrive(maybe digital)

Alien Isolation (disc)

Assassins Creed(disc)

CoD:AW(disc, unless they wow me with MP, then digital)
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Move a game on disk to digital.

The only way to get your disc game working on the "All digital" edition of the Xbox One is to purchase the game digitally.

It's not possible to "convert" a disc game to a digital game. Otherwise you could buy a disc, convert it to digital, and sell the disc to someone else who would then convert to digital, sell the disc and so on, until the whole world has the game digitally,
    and only one disc was sold.

So the only way to get a digital copy of your disc based game would be to buy the game digitally again.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Digital only console

Since you still can buy "non-digital" consoles with disc drive, you can still get such a console if you want to keep your disc based games. The consoles with disc drive can also be used to download games digitally.

As for getting a digital version for your disc purchase, that probably won't happen, as the publishers would face the problem of their game not selling anymore.

Imagine a person buying the game on disc. Then telling Microsoft, they went digital, get the download version for free, and then sell the disc.

The new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

etc...

Eventually, the whole world owns the game digitally, but the game was really only sold once, causing a huge loss for the game's publisher.

So if you still want to keep your discs, simply don't buy the all digital version of the Xbox One console.
  5. S T R l K U R Win User

Hey MS! How can we Pre Order games we want to Download???

If Microsoft wants me to convert to digital downloads and NOT BUY A PHYSICAL DISC...they need to make digital downloads cheaper than disc!!!!!

$45.00 for digital vs $60.00 for disc.....THEN IM GOING DIGITAL ,......

DO YOU HEAR ME MICROSOFT?
  6. Radiant Sword X Win User

ace combat 7

Did you purchase the game digitally or disc? If disc, you need to ensure the disc is in the system. If digital, try resetting your console.
Thema:

Digital or disc

1. Digital or disc - Similar Threads - Digital disc

2. What do I do with the Call of Duty disc game when I actually only have digital download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do I do with the Call of Duty disc game when I actually only have digital download: HI, I'm a mother who is very very new to xbox, I just bought one. And I also went to buy the Call of Duty-Modern Warfare game disc for my son......Unfortunately, my xbox cannot load disc, it's...
  3. Morrowind not launching Digital Download or disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Morrowind not launching Digital Download or disc: Ok basically I think its a hardware issue but unsure of it. When I try to start up Morrowind wha appears is “Game Error try redownloading” in essence. No error id code, or anything Xbox support...
  4. Digital game saying the disc is unreadable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game saying the disc is unreadable: Hey guys, so i recently bought and downloaded skate 3 on the xbox store for my xbox 360 but after its downloaded a few minutes in it always exits out saying “disc unreadable clean disc or contact...
  5. XBOX 360 digital game asking for disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 digital game asking for disc: Downloaded a game but when I start playing it, a Game Error appears and states "This disc is unreadable". Clean it and restart. - I bought then downloaded the game. I don't need a disc right?...
  6. Disc to Digital copy installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc to Digital copy installation: Ok, so I have the standard version of Red Dead Redemption 2 on disc. I'm contemplating purchasing the digital Ultimate version of RDR2 to get the story mode and online rewards as it's on sale for...
  7. Transfer discs games to Digital XBox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer discs games to Digital XBox one s: Just got a disc-less Xbox one S and want to know how to transfer games onto it from my old discs. It was advertised as being able to play existing games. 54a374df-af4e-4819-9044-21cdd910c73d
  8. switch disc to digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    switch disc to digital: hello am I able to switch my disc games to digital without extra cost? many thanks 6b71f641-635e-45d3-8d58-75f83d96c662
  9. Xbox One S All Digital - How to play discs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S All Digital - How to play discs?: My son received an Xbox One S All Digital for Christmas along with a number of games on disc; how can he play those games without the drive? Can he download digital versions (or do they come with...
  10. Disc games to digital ASAP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc games to digital ASAP: Hi, I currently have a regular Xbox One and I am thinking about switching to an Xbox One S. My only reservation is that I already own a bunch of games for the Xbox One in disc form. If I make the...