Digital or disc

Discus and support Digital or disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to download/play a disc game without the disc when you already own it and have it downloaded? 6b24521f-5a13-4454-a4e4-3cf9540c76b5 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TaulBaux, Jul 16, 2019.

1. TaulBaux
    TaulBaux Guest

Digital or disc

Is it possible to download/play a disc game without the disc when you already own it and have it downloaded?

:)

TaulBaux, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Zero Divided Win User

whats on your list

Destiny(digital)

Evolve(digital)

Halo:MCC(digital)

Sunset Overdrive(maybe digital)

Alien Isolation (disc)

Assassins Creed(disc)

CoD:AW(disc, unless they wow me with MP, then digital)
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Digital only console

Since you still can buy "non-digital" consoles with disc drive, you can still get such a console if you want to keep your disc based games. The consoles with disc drive can also be used to download games digitally.

As for getting a digital version for your disc purchase, that probably won't happen, as the publishers would face the problem of their game not selling anymore.

Imagine a person buying the game on disc. Then telling Microsoft, they went digital, get the download version for free, and then sell the disc.

The new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

etc...

Eventually, the whole world owns the game digitally, but the game was really only sold once, causing a huge loss for the game's publisher.

So if you still want to keep your discs, simply don't buy the all digital version of the Xbox One console.
  4. S T R l K U R Win User

Hey MS! How can we Pre Order games we want to Download???

If Microsoft wants me to convert to digital downloads and NOT BUY A PHYSICAL DISC...they need to make digital downloads cheaper than disc!!!!!

$45.00 for digital vs $60.00 for disc.....THEN IM GOING DIGITAL ,......

DO YOU HEAR ME MICROSOFT?
  5. Radiant Sword X Win User

ace combat 7

Did you purchase the game digitally or disc? If disc, you need to ensure the disc is in the system. If digital, try resetting your console.
  6. Villarino Win User

Help me

No, unfortunately there is no way to convert a physical disc into a digital code, you will need the discs or repurchase the content digitally
Thema:

Digital or disc

1. Digital or disc - Similar Threads - Digital disc

2. what do you perfer disc or digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what do you perfer disc or digital: I definitely prefer digital but tend to buy more physical games due to the price. 0c478b34-c326-42f6-8340-0894583fed30
  3. All Digital or All Disc Based? Or Both?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All Digital or All Disc Based? Or Both?: I will get some games digital when they are nice and cheap, like Far Cry New Dawn was £25 recently for the deluxe edition. But games that I'm getting at launch I'll often get on disc as I've most...
  4. Disc games on Xbox One S All Digital Edition through USB External Disc Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc games on Xbox One S All Digital Edition through USB External Disc Drive: I Was thinking about getting an Xbox ONE S All-Digital Edition for my Entertainment Center (I Have a regular Xbox ONE S for Personal Gaming, too) and I was wondering if the Xbox ONE S All-Digital...
  5. Digital download disc error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital download disc error: So I went to boot up forza 4 which I bought back in November of last year at Walmart on a digital download card, and it kept telling me to insert a disc. I downloaded it with a code so I didnt...
  6. Xbox Game Disc and Digital Titles Region Boundaries

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Disc and Digital Titles Region Boundaries: Hello, I have a rather simple question to ask it involves the restrictions set on most Digital and Physical products that have a license to play in a device. As we all know sometimes they do not...
  7. Xbox one disc, trying to download digitally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one disc, trying to download digitally: My girlfriend purchased a copy of battlefield V for me, the problem is my disc tray no longee works ive already removed the game from its plastic. I was wondering if there is any way i could find...
  8. Disc format game - digital format game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc format game - digital format game: Hello everyone! I have been having a doubt these days. A friend of mine borrowed a game, I'm playing it a lot and I might want to buy it since it got me really addicted. I was wondering, If I buy...
  9. "Disc region is incorrect for this console" on digital download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Disc region is incorrect for this console" on digital download: I bought a pre-owned Xbox 360 so that I could play Sonic Unleashed, I downloaded the game to a removable drive and when I tried to play it, it said "Disc region is incorrect for this console",...
  10. not sure if the game is digital or a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    not sure if the game is digital or a disc: Is this digital or a disc [img] 36fd799e-e782-4748-95e0-aafab32d4cfc