Disable non-streaming console output when streaming to PC?

Discus and support Disable non-streaming console output when streaming to PC? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; While streaming, Can I mute or disable the audio output from the console? Better would be simply disabling the HDMI output entirely. Scenario: Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ted_Howard, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Ted_Howard
    Ted_Howard Guest

While streaming,

Can I mute or disable the audio output from the console? Better would be simply disabling the HDMI output entirely.

Scenario:

Xbox is in (or adjacent to) a room where someone desires quiet (sleeping, napping, reading, talking)

I want to play a game

The Xbox itself is nearly silent but any audio will play on the TV

(The TV screen will also turn on and be bright & flashing)

:)

Ted_Howard, Jul 17, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Ted_Howard,

Can you let us know the process you go through to start streaming on your PC? Before you start streaming, do you have to manually turn on the console before going to your pc or are you able to some how turn on the Xbox from your pc?

Do you have your console set up to turn on your tv when the Xbox turns on? You may want to consider turning off that function from the power mode settings.

What we are trying to figure out is, how the tv turns on if you technically don't need it to be on for streaming to windows. We are thinking the "When Xbox turns on, turn TV on" setting is the culprit here.
  3. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

I am not 100% sure, but you could just mute the television.
  4. Ted_Howard Win User

I can unplug, mute, or just volume-down the TV ... if I'm in the same room as it. If I'm in the same room as the TV, why would I be streaming an Xbox game to my PC?

I have been unplugging it if I can plan ahead. If I don't plan ahead, I just don't use the Xbox.
  5. Ted_Howard Win User

Yes, I have that feature enabled and don't want to disable it. I mostly play on the TV so disabling it would add an annoyance almost every time I play.

I do appreciate workarounds such as unplug, disable the feature you mention, etc. I really was just asking a question.

Based on the lack of answers to my question, I'm guessing the true answer is "No". I'll continue to unplug as appropriate.
  6. NTT Silver Win User

Xbox App doesn't see my Xbox one

I too am experiencing issues streaming to my windows 10 PC. I am on xbox app version 15.18.4004.00000 and i can connect to my console but when i try to stream games it tells me that streaming is disabled on my console when all settings are checked
Thema:

1. Disable non-streaming console output when streaming to PC? - Similar Threads - Disable non streaming

2. How Gaming helps with living with a Disability

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How Gaming helps with living with a Disability: I have brain damage and I'm considered "permanently disabled" I've struggled most my life with various issues. It's not just something I say. Gaming really has saved my life, It's given me so much...
  3. disable mouse control by the xbox controller with the start button

in XBoX on Windows
    disable mouse control by the xbox controller with the start button: hello, I have a simple problem, but I find absolutely no solutions. when I play a game on windows or steam with an xbox one controller, the controller puts me back in keyboard / mouse mode every...
  4. How do I disable the leaderboard or remove people from the leaderboard on Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I disable the leaderboard or remove people from the leaderboard on Xbox one?: It shows up on my home screen and in each game. I simply want it gone! Can i disable it or remove friends from it without removing the friend from my list of friends. If i cant then is my only...
  5. Xbox 360 Movies and TV Narration enabled on purchased movies and cannot disable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Movies and TV Narration enabled on purchased movies and cannot disable.: Recently rented and purchased movies on xbox 360 have narration enabled and I have found no setting to turn it off. In movies and tv on a computer I found it's also enabled by default on the...
  6. My IPv6 is disabled every time Windows updates

in XBoX on Windows
    My IPv6 is disabled every time Windows updates: And that causes my Xbox Teredo connection not to work and my Forza Horizon 4 to keep infuriating me with connection issues every time. It took me several wasted hours of frustration to get to the...
  7. Enable/Disable cookies?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Enable/Disable cookies?: Hi, am new Xbox one S gamer. Cannot access gmail on the console. It keeps telling me to allow cookies. I can't find the button that will let me do that. Please help!...
  8. Xbox Adaptive Controller for Non Disabled Gamers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller for Non Disabled Gamers: The Xbox Adaptive Controller was made for movement impaired individuals. My question is has anyone that isn't disabled used one to make a custom control setup AKA further expand customization?...
  9. Jak wylaczyc kontrole rodzicielskom [Translation - How to disable Parental controls]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jak wylaczyc kontrole rodzicielskom [Translation - How to disable Parental controls]: Witam kupilem uzywanom konsole xbox360 i okazalo sie ze zeby zagrac w gry powyzej 16 lat potrzebny jest kod do kontroli rodzicielskiej którego nie znam ---------- [Mod Translation - Hi i bought...
  10. How to Disable Non-Autthenticated Account Deletion

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Disable Non-Autthenticated Account Deletion: Hello XBox Ones! When no one is signed in to the Xbox, it appears that anyone can delete an account. Just head over to "Remove an Account", and they are gone. But I don't want this. I only want...