Disable Pop-Up Keyboard

Discus and support Disable Pop-Up Keyboard in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use an external keyboard for gaming / typing on my Xbox One. Gaming works fine, but when typing in a text field, the on-screen keyboard is a big... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheGoodDude22, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

1. Disable Pop-Up Keyboard

I use an external keyboard for gaming / typing on my Xbox One. Gaming works fine, but when typing in a text field, the on-screen keyboard is a big issue.

The OSK (On-Screen Keyboard) is slow, and I’m a fast typist. Everything I type in the three or four seconds until the OSK appears is lost. This is especially annoying in Fortnite Creative, where short and informative messages are heavily
    used. With half the message deleted, I have to scroll all the way back to add them in.

It’s big. Any content that might be useful to see when I’m typing (like Minecraft chat commands), are covered.

You have to press enter twice every time you’re finished! Because the OSK is a separate popup, you have to confirm with “Enter” to close it. Most text fields require their own conformation to send, which means I have to do it twice!

As far as I know, there is no way to disable the OSK. I followed this thread and this thread,
    and the solution did nothing for me. Am I missing something, or does this not work?

:)

TheGoodDude22, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:42 AM
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

keyboard not popping up.

Chrisv1977,

Try a Power Cycle

1. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
    2. Select Restart console.
    3. Select Restart.
  3. iLL SHiZ Win User

Stuck at the sign in screen

i got this problem , no virtual keyboard pops up
  4. Si_Klegg Win User

Completely Unplayable. Can't get past first screen.

Problem solved by Microsoft tech support! My usb keyboard was the problem. After I unplugged it an on screen keyboard popped up.
  5. maxen Win User

Xbox One virtual keypad

You might need to click A in the textbox in order for the keyboard to pop up. It does not always pop up automatically just because there is a text-input field on screen.

Alternatively, if you have a tablet or smartphone with Xbox One Smartglass, you could use that as a keyboard for your console.
  6. onyxishere Win User

The on-screen keyboard pops up for no reason

Sorry to hear it. Can you please try power cycling the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down to see if that helps?
Thema:

Disable Pop-Up Keyboard

1. Disable Pop-Up Keyboard - Similar Threads - Disable Pop Keyboard

2. How to disable XBOX ONE Wireless controller bluetooth/RF connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to disable XBOX ONE Wireless controller bluetooth/RF connection?: Hi everyone, I have connected the XBOX ONE wirelless controller to my XBOX using a USB cable and works fine. Now I want to disable/deactivate the Bluetooth/RF for the XBOX ONE wireless...
  3. Custom Gamerpics Broken/Disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Gamerpics Broken/Disabled?: Hi everyone, For the past 24 hours I have been attempting to change my gamerpic to a custom image. In the past, it has updated almost instantly, but now it has been almost 24 hours and it has...
  4. The maximize and minimize functionality is disabled when streaming

in XBoX on Windows
    The maximize and minimize functionality is disabled when streaming: Anyone know where to enable the maximize and minimize functionality after streaming started, had this function now does not appear the screen is in the full screen function, without this feature....
  5. Desactivada la función multijugador Xbox live[Xbox live multiplayer feature disabled]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Desactivada la función multijugador Xbox live[Xbox live multiplayer feature disabled]: Me gustaria por que me habeis baneado el perfil un saludo [Translation - I would like that you have banned my profile Greetings] d5c85ae1-de5f-4b73-ba8d-840b7647406b
  6. How to disable msftconnecttest.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to disable msftconnecttest.com: My xbox one is always doing msftconnecttest.com, it tries to connect for hours on end even when it is turned off. It worked fine for months, now it does the whole day. I dont know how to stop it...
  7. How do I disable the option to for an account to remove other accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I disable the option to for an account to remove other accounts?: I have multiple accounts on my xbox but other accounts can simply remove the adult account from the xbox. how do I disable that option? 776d83f7-6d04-4617-b71f-561206ff6085
  8. When will disabling cross play for Call of Duty Warzone be allowed for Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will disabling cross play for Call of Duty Warzone be allowed for Xbox?: When will disabling cross play be allowed for Xbox? The Xbox community is forced to play warzone against PC hackers. They have scripts that allow them to lock onto opponents heads (aimbot.) They...
  9. How to Disable Windows 10 Xbox Virtual Keyboard and Volume Controls

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Disable Windows 10 Xbox Virtual Keyboard and Volume Controls: So i don't want the Xbox fake keyboard popping up while i'm trying to play a game. I also don't want pressing down taking control of the volume controls and making my volume go down, like while...
  10. Disabling other game pop-ups: Dragon Mania Legends for Windows PC/Xbox linked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disabling other game pop-ups: Dragon Mania Legends for Windows PC/Xbox linked: I play Dragon Mania Legends via PC/Windows 8.1, which I downloaded from the Windows Store for free. It is also linked to the Xbox network, even though I don't own an Xbox. Recently, I have been...