Disc/Digital Game

Discus and support Disc/Digital Game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,this may seem odd but I have mlb the show 21 xbox one on disc and came with voucher of 5,000 stubs and I entered the voucher only to find it gave... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by football nic 8, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Disc/Digital Game

Hello,this may seem odd but I have mlb the show 21 xbox one on disc and came with voucher of 5,000 stubs and I entered the voucher only to find it gave me a game I have as a disc and odd enough never had a game voucher say one but is another and worst of all is the voucher says downloadable Xbox content for mlb the show 21 and the thing is i'm upset and please with any info get back when you can as this is the most odd thing i've ever seen. Edit: Please can you get back when you can or this issue is stupid that I asked

:)

football nic 8, Jun 9, 2021
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Move a game on disk to digital.

The only way to get your disc game working on the "All digital" edition of the Xbox One is to purchase the game digitally.

It's not possible to "convert" a disc game to a digital game. Otherwise you could buy a disc, convert it to digital, and sell the disc to someone else who would then convert to digital, sell the disc and so on, until the whole world has the game digitally,
    and only one disc was sold.

So the only way to get a digital copy of your disc based game would be to buy the game digitally again.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Is it possible to transfer xbox 360 disc games to xbox one s all-digital

Unfortunately yes.

Digital licenses for games go with the account that purchased them.

The licenses for the Disc games are on the disc themselves that is why you still need to have the disc in the console in order to play the disc games.

With the All digital systems there is no disc drive to put the disc in so you would need to purchase the games digitally if you want to play them on your all digital system.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Digital only console

Since you still can buy "non-digital" consoles with disc drive, you can still get such a console if you want to keep your disc based games. The consoles with disc drive can also be used to download games digitally.

As for getting a digital version for your disc purchase, that probably won't happen, as the publishers would face the problem of their game not selling anymore.

Imagine a person buying the game on disc. Then telling Microsoft, they went digital, get the download version for free, and then sell the disc.

The new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

etc...

Eventually, the whole world owns the game digitally, but the game was really only sold once, causing a huge loss for the game's publisher.

So if you still want to keep your discs, simply don't buy the all digital version of the Xbox One console.
  5. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Ori and the Will of the Wisps not updating

6. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Game Transferring

You Need a digital Licence of your Games on Disc. Sorry, but with the All Digital, your Game Discs are usless
Thema:

Disc/Digital Game

1. Disc/Digital Game - Similar Threads - Disc Digital Game

2. I’m getting this error and I haven’t gotten a solution yet. I have discs and digital games...

in XboX Insiders
    I’m getting this error and I haven’t gotten a solution yet. I have discs and digital games...: [IMG] submitted by /u/LouisOve [link] [comments]
  3. If I have an Xbox One game disc do I have to buy it again to download the digital version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have an Xbox One game disc do I have to buy it again to download the digital version?: I have an Xbox One X and the game disc for GTA V. If I want to download the digital version do I need to make a separate purchase? a437c04e-3129-4f16-8f97-9f84f2f6b047
  4. If I buy a all digital console do I need to repurchase the games I own on disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a all digital console do I need to repurchase the games I own on disc?: I have a day one exclusive xbox one and thought it might be time for an upgrade. I own most of my games and disc. Im really worried that i might have to buy my games again and lose all my progress...
  5. Playing disc games on a all digital console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing disc games on a all digital console.: Does anybody know if I were to get the new xbox series s console if I would be able to play all of my old games including the ones that were on discs if I plug in my external hard drive from my...
  6. Series X won’t recognize disc game want me to buy digital copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X won’t recognize disc game want me to buy digital copy: Disc version of call of duty modern warfare wont play it keeps prompting me to purchase game even though there is a disc of the game in the xbox and everything is installed i dont understand why ?...
  7. Owning both disc and digital copies of a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owning both disc and digital copies of a game?: If you already own a physical disc copy of a game, and then purchase a digital copy: would they co-exist on the same console as 2 separate entities? would one take precedence over the other?...
  8. Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability: I understand that with the new Xbox Series "X" , if you insert some of the game disks from the prior gen consoles, you can unlock them on your account to download them digitally. I love this idea,...
  9. Console full digital - How dowload a disc game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Console full digital - How dowload a disc game: We have a full digital xbox and my son bought an NBA 2020 disc. How do I download this game? Or what I can do. return the store, and the Key has already been shaved....
  10. Fix it. No load of any games digitally or buy disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix it. No load of any games digitally or buy disc: This is a problem for every game I try to play digitally or through disk. I personally could care less about xbox pre-order problems if I can't even play games that own when I want to. To top it...