Disc drive issue?

Discus and support Disc drive issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My disc drive has recently started to make a strange noise. Whenever I first power up the console or change the disc the disc drive will make an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xI Massacrez Ix, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Disc drive issue?

My disc drive has recently started to make a strange noise. Whenever I first power up the console or change the disc the disc drive will make an electronic-like humming noise for about 15-30 minutes. This only began a few days ago. it does not seem to effect
    any of the console function, but I am worried that it may that something is wrong and it may create a bigger issue if left unattended.

:)

xI Massacrez Ix, Mar 16, 2014
  2. pstep
    pstep Guest
    Takes a long time to read discs...

The cheap and easy start is to use a DVD cleaner disc to try to clean the disc drive lense. Other than that It could be a damaged or mis-aligned laser in the drive that is VERY tricky to fix. If the cleaner disc won't work just swap out the drive.

-me

pstep, Mar 16, 2014
  3. II M0Z II
    II M0Z II Guest
    II M0Z II, Mar 16, 2014
  4. Disc drive issue?

Anybody? It has suddenly gotten more intense and more varying. This is highly concerning as I fear that by the time it creates an actual function issue it may be too late to get it fixed.

xI Massacrez Ix, Mar 16, 2014
  5. iRayDawg Win User

cant play bf3 anymore

6. onyxishere Win User

Origonal white xbox wont read any disks..

7. mikiesan-37927310-BD Win User

help me pleaseeeee

8. onyxishere Win User

Xbox Will not read disk, "open Tray" problem

9. usc1903-F36EA084-687 Win User
Thema:

Disc drive issue?

1. Disc drive issue? - Similar Threads - Disc drive issue

2. Issues with xbox 360 disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with xbox 360 disc drive: So me and my brother were trying to figure out what was wrong with our xbox 360 disc drive, because it took multiple attempts to get it to read discs and we had to beat it up to finally get it...
  3. Disc drive issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive issues: Anyone else have disc drive issues on Xbox X? Just sent mine in for service a week ago. d67313d1-7a9c-4bb4-9881-2c826b42218e
  4. Disc drive issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive issue: Hi my disc drive was just not showing up with no error codes. so after a bit of advise I renewed the laser module still not work so i got a disc deck with motors and put new laser on it still...
  5. Xbox one x disc drive issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x disc drive issue: I am having an issue with the disc drive when ejecting discs when I press the eject button and the disc pops out then as I go to grab it, without touching it, it slides back in. It will keep doing...
  6. Disc Drive Issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive Issue?: My Xbox One has been having this issue forever, and I have contacted support several times and tried numerous fixes. The only solution is to pay $150-ish or buy a new Xbox, which I don't want to...
  7. Disc Drive Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive Issue: I've had my Xbox One + Kinect for about a year. Does any one else have the problem where they have to stick their disc at an upward angle for it to take the disc? It still takes them and reads...
  8. Disc drive issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive issues.: When I insert a disc into the drive, it goes 90% of the way in, then gets stuck, then finally goes in. There is a loud grindy noise before it begins to spin/load. This started out of the blue a...
  9. Constant Xbox One disc drive issues, even after sending in for repair :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant Xbox One disc drive issues, even after sending in for repair :(: Ever since July or so I have been having issues with my disc drive on my Xbox One. - Started off with not reading discs at all, so I sent it into Microsoft for repair and got it returned, working...
  10. Strange disc drive issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strange disc drive issue: My Xbox One has and always had the same strange disc drive issue. It plays blu-rays and games that are now installed but fails to install new games from discs and play dvds (games and movies)....