Disc Drive malfunctioning

Discus and support Disc Drive malfunctioning in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Problem: I come home today, put in cod: ghosts and it freezes on the big painted face. Ah ha I say, must be the game. FIFA 14. Freezes on the stadium... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crunchie9, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Crunchie9
    Crunchie9 Guest

Problem: I come home today, put in cod: ghosts and it freezes on the big painted face. Ah ha I say, must be the game. FIFA 14. Freezes on the stadium screen. Hmmmm In goes BBC earth, and I get a dial up connection speed with robotic voices and pixels that
    are about 3/8 in size. It's clear that my dis drive is not getting enough information, and it's just not playing anything. Besides Netflix. Because netflix...... Isn't a disc. Now, What do I do? Two games won't even register, 1 DVD blue ray looks like it's
    skipping, and talking in alien code. What's wrong with my system? What solutions do you have for me? I read somewhere you would send me another one right away and I don't even have to wait for my brand new paper weight to be recieved before I get the new one.
    Also- my headset sounds like there is a screw loose, and my co gamers are complaining about a buzzing noise from my head set. Thanks so much. I would like to be playing puck when it hits next month. Oh and the consol was purchased two months ago.

:)

Crunchie9, Aug 15, 2014
  2. BygSii
    BygSii Guest
    Disc drives malfunctioning in Xbox One units

My disc drive hasn't malfunctioned. but my dashboard has

BygSii, Aug 15, 2014
  3. when the disc goes in, it makes like an overheating sound and it doesnt read

What's an "overheating sound"? Is the disc drive making grinding noises or something?

If that's the case, your disc drive may be malfunctioning. You can set up a repair here:
    Sign in to your Microsoft account

Internet Expert, Aug 15, 2014
  4. catigerman72
    catigerman72 Guest

Hello, first thing you should try is a hard reset. Hold your power button for 8-10 secs until the system shuts off. Then unplug the power for 30 seconds for good measure. Plug back up, and give it a try. This is one of the most common fixes for several
    issues, and if that does not work follow the steps from this page. Troubleshoot Xbox One Disc Errors

catigerman72, Aug 15, 2014
  5. catigerman72 Win User

Hello, first thing you should try is a hard reset. Hold your power button for 8-10 secs until the system shuts off. Then unplug the power for 30 seconds for good measure. Plug back up, and give it a try. This is one of the most common fixes for several
    issues, and if that does not work follow the steps from this page. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/disc-error
  6. InnocuousRuby67 Win User

Disk starting to crack. What can I do?

The disc that goes into an Xbox 360 is as prone to damage as that of a conventional DVD. Cracks can be caused in the disc from mishandling, an accident or the drive in the Xbox 360 malfunctioning.
  7. Internet Expert Win User

when the disc goes in, it makes like an overheating sound and it doesnt read

What's an "overheating sound"? Is the disc drive making grinding noises or something?

If that's the case, your disc drive may be malfunctioning. You can set up a repair here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/devices
  8. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

disc tray error..

Sounds like your disc drive is malfunctioning. I suggest contacting Xbox Support, you may have to set up a repair.
  9. TheJackah Win User

Disc Scratches

Hey JamisonJimmy,

Just to rule out any possible malfunction of the CD/DVD Drive - are these scratches present BEFORE putting the disc inside the console?
Thema:

1. Disc Drive malfunctioning - Similar Threads - Disc Drive malfunctioning

2. XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs: My brother and I were given an XBOX 360 for Christmas about 4 years ago. Its the original console. I think it was bought refurbished. About a year after playing on it, we bought the Minecraft disc...
  3. Xbox One Disc Drive will not read unless I unplug the power and plug it back in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc Drive will not read unless I unplug the power and plug it back in.: My Xbox disc drive will not read a disc after it shut downs and restarts. I can do a full restart and it will not help. The only way it works is if I unplug the system and plug it back in. Then it...
  4. Xbox One X - strange noise from disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - strange noise from disc drive: Hello everyone, i own my Xbox One X Gold Rush Edittion since 2 weeks. Since today, everything was OK, until i put a new disc with Assasisn's Creed Syndicate into my console. Look at movie, to...
  5. XBOX 360 Boots without disc drive connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Boots without disc drive connected: Took apart a 360 with E-64 issue. Really clean virgin unit (stickers were still in place). Yet getting E-64 which points me to disc drive. Had another set of the power cords - no joy (still E-64)....
  6. Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs?: I have been a big fan of Xbox since the original launched. Been a member of XBL since launch as well. However, the XB1 has been really pushing me away. My first XB1 had issues with the disc drive....
  7. Xbox disc drive

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox disc drive: Ever since I updated today my disc drive sounds like it's trying to load or read a disc but the drive is empty. Any ideas? It's not the grinding/clicking noise, I know that one submitted by...
  8. Xbox One disc drive band broken. Need a replacement band

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One disc drive band broken. Need a replacement band: My Xbox one disc drive recently stopped working, i checked what it was and the band that drives the eject roller was broken and needed to be replaced. I have had no luck finding a replacement for...
  9. Disc drive on Xbox one no longer recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive on Xbox one no longer recognized: My disc drive on my xbox all of sudden stopped working. "Disc drive not recognize" How can I fix this problem? 1b42310e-d927-43dc-9112-e97ea6a869ab
  10. Strange disc drive malfunction; what is happening here?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strange disc drive malfunction; what is happening here?: Some of my games are running louder than others. These 'loud' ones will eventually freeze and get scratched by the disc drive. There's this horrible noise, and when I open the disc tray, the disc...