Disc drive not grabbing discs and making clicking sound

Discus and support Disc drive not grabbing discs and making clicking sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently, our xbox one started having issues with the disc drive. We had to use the paper clip on the side hole trick to remove the disc as it would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by otte523, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:22 PM.

1. otte523
    otte523 Guest

Recently, our xbox one started having issues with the disc drive. We had to use the paper clip on the side hole trick to remove the disc as it would not come out and would make a clicking sound. Now when we trying to put a disc in we get a clicking sound
    and it will not grab the disc. We have tried unplugging it and turning it over and slapping the bottom of it. Any other suggestions?

:)

1 person likes this.
  2. otte523 Win User

Thank you. Sadly, it is out of warranty.
  3. Kill4Kush20 Win User

Personally i say get a new xbox at that point lol
  4. CinderGhost Win User

5. UNSEEN7110 Win User

Me to cause it does not have warranty
  6. Darrtel Win User

You should be able to do a network transfer of the data so you don't use data from your ISP. Should be in settings > System > Backup & Transfer > Network Transfer > "Allow network transfer". When/if you get the new xbox. During set up it should ask you
    if you want to do a network transfer.
Thema:

1. Disc drive not grabbing discs and making clicking sound - Similar Threads - Disc drive grabbing

2. 360 disc drive wont read games

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc drive wont read games: The 36 console start to have issue that effect gaming experience. I looked into the 360 and I wasn’t the only one. I learned that the 360 had the infamous red ring and was very faults machine. A...
  3. DIsc drive replaced

in XBoX on Consoles
    DIsc drive replaced: Hello, recently i bought a new bluray disc drive for my xbox one S to replace my old disc drive. The concern is that it gives me an E100 error during startup, I update offline but still E100...
  4. My Xbox One disc drive does this weird thing

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox One disc drive does this weird thing: So my Xbox does this weird thing where when I watch YouTube or play a game that doesn’t need a disc, I’ll try to put in a game disc and it won’t read it unless I eject it and put it back in, but...
  5. Xbox disc drive and grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disc drive and grinding: Im having trouble allowing discs to install on my console i get a constant thud after the disc is put in and sometimes it stalls but never installs most of the time none of my discs are damaged...
  6. Xbox One S: Holding disc solves disc drive issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S: Holding disc solves disc drive issue?: Well this isn’t my first rodeo with disc drive issues for xbox’s. I purchased an Xbox One S about 3 years ago after having 2 original Xbox One consoles having disc drive failures after the...
  7. One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.: I tried to put in a Kingdom Come: Deliverance game disc into my Xbox One X, but it caused my disc drive sound like it was struggling to accept it, in addition to the disc not being read. I’ve used...
  8. Xbox One Disc Drive Isn't Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc Drive Isn't Working: So this has been going on for a while now, my xbox one hasn't been reading any discs that I put in. Just recently, I decided to open up my console to see if I could find an issue, but everything...
  9. Xbox one disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one disc drive: So recently I took my original Xbox One to my girlfriend’s place and after 3-4 days when I got home I noticed there was a problem with my eject button/disc drive. When I press the eject button it...
  10. Disc Drive won't grab discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive won't grab discs: I had a game in the drive, which suddenly today wasn't recognized and wouldn't eject. After shutting everything off and manually ejecting the disc, my drive will no longer take in new discs. I...