disc drive problem

Discus and support disc drive problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Well looks like I'm one of the bunch with a disc drive problem. I noticed it started a few weeks ago. Started out with the occasional needing to eject... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by eryoung, Mar 16, 2014.

1. eryoung
    eryoung Guest

disc drive problem

Well looks like I'm one of the bunch with a disc drive problem. I noticed it started a few weeks ago. Started out with the occasional needing to eject then put the game or movie back in and it would catch and play. Now its like taking 5 times for it to
    catch. I did a online chat with support and he had me unplug everything and then plug it all back in.

That didn't do anything so he says I need to send it in or I can to a fast transaction where I post up 499.99 and they send a new one then release the 499.99 back to me. I'm gonna post up the money to get the new one in 3-5 days rather than waiting
    2-3 weeks for a fixed one. Just bummed out that mine is one of the problem One's after all.

Take care,

Eddie

:)

eryoung, Mar 16, 2014
  2. Canon
    Canon Guest
    Disc drives malfunctioning in Xbox One units

I just read an article that says Microsoft is acknowledging faulty disc drives in some Xbox One units. Some people are having a problem with the drive making a grinding noise and not reading the disc, so if you have this problem, you're not alone!

Canon, Mar 16, 2014
  3. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    X1 Disc Drive Problems...

You can chat with Microsoft as you are chatting with us, through texts. It's one of the options rather than being on the phone with them.

I've also never heard of them blowing people off on this topic. They're usually good with this stuff from what I've heard.

ClNTRoN, Mar 16, 2014
  4. disc drive problem

Dang sorry to hear this Eddie, glad to hear you are sticking with your console of choice though. Its rather nice to read and reply to threads such as yours when they do not end in "I am going to Sony"

Best of luck with the next console. I hope you get a more flawless experience with this next one.

Listed mia 510, Mar 16, 2014
  5. I had the same thing happen to me. I called did the hold on my card and got a free game. So im waiting for the new box to arive.

Michael1003-5B696F17-699D-4CBB-8880-870CD16DE0C3, Mar 16, 2014
  6. What game did they give you Michael?

7. kofine05
    kofine05 Guest
    Im having the same issue with mine. Im going to wait till this summer when i travel from texas to michigan and have them ship the new console to michigan for me instead of having to ship it myself in my car. It works for now, but is annoying to have to
    push it in and out to get it to catch the disc.

kofine05, Mar 16, 2014
  8. eryoung
    eryoung Guest

disc drive problem

Ok so I have tech support a call and got pretty good news! The guy I spoke to (who was super nice by the way!) said you have another option. Lets see where the closest Microsoft store there is to you so I gave him my location and there is one 30 mins away.
    He said to give them a call in the morning and I can just bring my console in to them and get a new one! I must say that I really am impressed with how nice helpful the tech support person was. I'll let you guys/gals know how it works out tomorrow.

Take care,

Eddie

eryoung, Mar 16, 2014
  9. Wow that is a sweet option, as well as the first time i have heard of this method of Exchange.

MS did you step your game up or what! (Yes i know they do not monitor these forums)

10. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    Just did an advanced exchange.... 2 days and had my new X1. Sent the dud back yesterday.... great service....

kingvas78, Mar 16, 2014
  11. eryoung
    eryoung Guest
    I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow, the service tech said they will either have me bring in just my console or everything. I'll happily take a whole new one though with all the fixes. Sounds like there really stepping it up to keep us happy. Oh
    he also said he will call me back on Tuesday to make sure everything went smoothly and that I'm happy with the results. Kind of blown away on that!!!!

Take care,

Eddie

eryoung, Mar 16, 2014
  12. eryoung
    eryoung Guest
    Update,

Ok called the Microsoft store in Natick Ma (they open at 10am) made a appointment for 12:15pm. He told me to bring everything in. He hooked up all my stuff put a few games and movies in and thankfully it was doing the same stuff for him.
    They gave me a brand new console (I ended up buying a 3 year warranty for 69 bucks) which covers everything even if you kid or animal knocks it of the shelf, console, Kinect, remote, cables and picked up tomb raider. The person was really nice and respectful.
    A+ for customer service from Microsoft.

eryoung, Mar 17, 2014
  13. disc drive problem

Right on glad to hear it all worked out. Thanks for the update.

Quick question where did you originally purchase xbox one? And was it more than 30 days ago? Just wondering what these two factors bring to the table if other users are hoping to use the same exchange process.

Listed mia 510, Mar 17, 2014
  14. eryoung
    eryoung Guest
    Just got to download all the updates and reinstall my games, but no problem at all! Just happy to have my baby back!!!! (pathetic I know)

eryoung, Mar 17, 2014
  15. They let me pick from dr3 forza 5 zoo tycoon and rise. I picked forza. Not a racing game fan but i am loving forza.

Michael1003-5B696F17-699D-4CBB-8880-870CD16DE0C3, Mar 17, 2014
Thema:

disc drive problem

1. disc drive problem - Similar Threads - disc drive problem

2. Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading: Firstly, hello people I'm back again and this time with some good news that I know some of you will desperately be needing since the last youtube video I posted got a tonne of hits on this...
  3. Disc drive problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc drive problem?: My One S did something weird today, I ejected my disc from my xbox and put another game in the disc slot, but my Xbox didn't suck the disc in. My xbox was acting really weird, like there was...
  4. Xbox one S Disc Drive problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S Disc Drive problem?: Hello so I have had my Xbox one S for about 9 months now and in all that time its been fine, but the disc drive has one moment every so often were it rarely doesnt read a disc after I insert it...
  5. Xbox Disc Drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Disc Drive Problem: I don't know if this is the right place to post this so if it's not, please let me know where to go. Our Xbox One is having some disc problems with it. When we turn it on it makes a rrrrrrrr...
  6. DISC drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    DISC drive Problem: Hey guys I just want to tell you what I did l. Well I sent back my Xbox because my Xbox didn't want to eject discs. But after I used the paperclip a second time to get my disc out again, the drive...
  7. xbox one x disc drive problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x disc drive problems: ok so bought my xbox one X at launch , have a big digital libratry dont really play physical, ended up buying a couple of games in the sale a month or so back n though they worked fine to start...
  8. XBox one S disc drive problems - and support sucks!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox one S disc drive problems - and support sucks!: Xbox one s has developed common problem and won’t play any discs. Tried everything I could find on YouTube from restoring to slightly tilting when inserting discs and nothing has worked. 2...
  9. Disc drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive problem: My Xbox console doesn't read any cd , it first displays "Reading" and then it says "Open tray" for every CD. e5326a01-fd57-49a2-9afa-a57f58175dca
  10. Disc drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive problem: My Xbox console doesn't read any cd , it first displays "Reading" and then it says "Open tray" for every CD. Is there any solutions for this 98f94f24-0705-43e4-a003-21ad25e7ff61