Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up

Discus and support Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’ve noticed in delta that the disc drive seems to run longer when first turning console on and sometimes it will randomly activate when quitting back... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DiscoNinja07, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up

I’ve noticed in delta that the disc drive seems to run longer when first turning console on and sometimes it will randomly activate when quitting back to dashboard after closing app or game. Really weird issue. Obviously only happens if disc is in drive. Anyone noticed this? Only just joined preview again with series X and seems abnormal to me. Seemed fine before joining preview

submitted by /u/DiscoNinja07
    [link] [comments]

/u/DiscoNinja07, Dec 8, 2020
  2. onyxishere Win User

Xbox slim is loud

Some discs seem to run fast and that's what you're hearing. The faster speed can run down the disc drive faster than normal and would need to be repaired if left.

It is recommended to install the game disc to your hard drive.

@Lt Nicholls - There is no 15 gb hard drive for the console. You're probably using a usb stick. You can now use up to 32 gb or get an official Xbox hard drive to give yourself more space.
  3. Realgrahamd64 Win User

Xbox one power on and disc eject issues

Hi, thanks for reply.

I bought it pre-owned from a store. I think it possibly could be the internal drive. The other weird thing is sometimes it won't even boot with a disc in the drive. Just earlier I had been playing fifa from disc, gone back to the home menu, ejected the
    disc normally and placed in Halo MCC. It was as if the console did not recognize the new disc, so I restarted the console and it hung on splash screen. No errors, just the xbox logo like an infinite loop. I ejected the disc while it was "hanging" and it booted
    normally. I put Halo MCC in after boot and game runs. External drive had been formatted with xbox, most games are stored on external hard drive. It's like the dvd/bluray drive and external usb attachments interrupt the bootup of the internal hard drive. I
    haven't had any issues with the hdd reading/writing. Never had any errors or corrupt files. Hdd works normally with usb attachments after boot.

Sometimes a disc won't eject and/or fails to recognize newly inserted disc. Only solution is to reset and eject disk on startup.
  4. droobey Win User

Loud wirring noise from 360 S

Its called the disc drive running.

Still unsure why 360s do it on startup though.

My 360 S sometimes sounds louder than normal when the disc drive is running due to the side of the console vibrating against the top part.

If you move it just a tiny bit it goes away.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox disc drive is loud

Is it possible that the disc is slightly warped and that the disc itself is causing the vibrations that cause the drive to become louder?

If you are playing on a Xbox One, be aware that the console only reads from the disc during installation.

If the game is installed, the disc only runs to check the security sector to prove that you still own the game disc.

After that, the disc drive will stop and be completely silent.

Please check if other discs are also louder than normal, or if only a few discs are louder. If only a few discs spin louder than normal, it's because the disc itself is warped and causes louder vibrations than other "non-warped" discs.
  6. ElectroFlying Win User

XBOX One does not recognize discs

Try holding the disc for a split second longer than normal as the Optical drive is pulling it in. DO NOT put your finger or thumb in the center hole in the disc.

Rather hold the disc by its outer edges when insertings the disc.
Thema:

Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up

1. Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up - Similar Threads - Disc drive running

2. Rant About Disc Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rant About Disc Drive: The new driver design is trash, never before have i been so infuriated with a brand, probably because I've bought 2 consoles by now and they keep having the same issues, My original S stopped...
  3. Xbox One S only running without the disc drive in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S only running without the disc drive in: I noticed a problem with my Xbox one s, every time I'd try to turn it on it would only stay on for 30 seconds and then shut back off. I took it apart and tested the power supply and each one of...
  4. My xbox one s is running without a disc drive and stock fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s is running without a disc drive and stock fan: Yes I replaced my xbox one s stock fan with an aftermarket one everything is working but I’m having trouble updating the system to the latest update 7/5/2018 I did everything xbox one system...
  5. not running the disc drive on the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    not running the disc drive on the console: Hello! You have ordered the X BOX ONE 500GB. Order number No. 227772 22.11.2016 I brought her courier. When hooked up the console I discovered that the drive does not work (does not read discs)...
  6. Disc Drive Making Running/Loading Sound After Disc Removed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive Making Running/Loading Sound After Disc Removed: Hello, I have an issue but did not know where to post it exactly. Randomly, after i remove a game from the Xbox one after ejecting it, the Disc drive will make sounds as if a disc was put in and...
  7. Why is my NEW Xbox 360 E disc drive running loudly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my NEW Xbox 360 E disc drive running loudly?: I purchased the console new three days ago. Since then I've ran a handful of disc-based games on it, and all of them sounded pretty quiet, all except for one of them. This one made the console...
  8. Turning itself on + running disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turning itself on + running disc drive: Hey all, I just had my Xbox One turn itself on and then the disc drive start running. It has done this several times today. Sometimes the disc drive starts running before even the Xbox symbol...
  9. Disc Drive Noise, Drive Running 100% of the time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive Noise, Drive Running 100% of the time: Okay so my Xbox works fine, but i have recently noticed a humming noise from the console not to loud but you can hear it and its annoying, I have narrowed this down to the disc drive, when no disc...
  10. Xbox one disc drive constantly running

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one disc drive constantly running: My Xbox one now disc drive constantly seem to run even when I'm not dining anything with the game in the system. Any one else know how to fix this. Thanks. fbe3b86b-cfe1-4ab5-bc48-db9905188d80