Disc Drive

Discus and support Disc Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Disc Drive in my xbox one isn't working, Can I just go out and buy one and replace it? b4674466-4d13-474d-99b9-0194745905dd Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x4ortitudex, May 27, 2014.

1. x4ortitudex
    x4ortitudex Guest

Disc Drive

Disc Drive in my xbox one isn't working, Can I just go out and buy one and replace it?

:)

x4ortitudex, May 27, 2014
  2. pstep
    pstep Guest
    Takes a long time to read discs...

The cheap and easy start is to use a DVD cleaner disc to try to clean the disc drive lense. Other than that It could be a damaged or mis-aligned laser in the drive that is VERY tricky to fix. If the cleaner disc won't work just swap out the drive.

-me

pstep, May 27, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, May 27, 2014
  4. Disc Drive

If you are referring to the optical drive (Bluray) then no. If you are referring to the HDD then technically you can however I would strongly advise against it.

The reasons for this are many... Firstly the HDD isn't very easy to get to.

Secondly, it will void your warranty, so if you break something else while trying to access it you'll have to replace the console out of your own pocket.

Third, A future update may render the HDD incompatible.

Your best option is to register for a repair at
    http://myservice.xbox.com

Skeeter Quill, May 27, 2014
  5. iRayDawg Win User

cant play bf3 anymore

6. onyxishere Win User

Origonal white xbox wont read any disks..

7. mikiesan-37927310-BD Win User

help me pleaseeeee

8. onyxishere Win User

Xbox Will not read disk, "open Tray" problem

9. usc1903-F36EA084-687 Win User
Thema:

Disc Drive

1. Disc Drive - Similar Threads - Disc Drive

2. Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs?: I have been a big fan of Xbox since the original launched. Been a member of XBL since launch as well. However, the XB1 has been really pushing me away. My first XB1 had issues with the disc drive....
  3. Xbox disc drive

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox disc drive: Ever since I updated today my disc drive sounds like it's trying to load or read a disc but the drive is empty. Any ideas? It's not the grinding/clicking noise, I know that one submitted by...
  4. Xbox One disc drive band broken. Need a replacement band

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One disc drive band broken. Need a replacement band: My Xbox one disc drive recently stopped working, i checked what it was and the band that drives the eject roller was broken and needed to be replaced. I have had no luck finding a replacement for...
  5. Disc drive on Xbox one no longer recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive on Xbox one no longer recognized: My disc drive on my xbox all of sudden stopped working. "Disc drive not recognize" How can I fix this problem? 1b42310e-d927-43dc-9112-e97ea6a869ab
  6. Disc drive in Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc drive in Xbox One: Any idea why movies play but games won't load? Every movie works but no games load. 7fb4c0ce-c15f-4112-aedc-251eb219f657
  7. Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading: Firstly, hello people I'm back again and this time with some good news that I know some of you will desperately be needing since the last youtube video I posted got a tonne of hits on this...
  8. Disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive: So I bought my Xbox one s earlier this year, and I had no trouble with it, but now all of a sudden when I put my game in my Xbox it makes a buzzing noise, and then it starts beeping so I try to...
  9. Xbox 360 S Disc Drive Loud Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S Disc Drive Loud Noise: I purchased an Xbox 360 S and recently have noticed when I play the following games: Tony Hawk’s Underground 2, Madden 13, and Halo Reach, the drive gets louder and i can hear what sounds like...
  10. Xbox One X buzzing from disc drive while installing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X buzzing from disc drive while installing: Just got an Xbox One X and noticed while installing Red Dead Redemption 2 that the first disc caused the disc drive to make a buzzing noise during installation. With the second disc of RDR2 the...