Disc Drive

Discus and support Disc Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Disc Drive in my xbox one isn't working, Can I just go out and buy one and replace it? b4674466-4d13-474d-99b9-0194745905dd Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x4ortitudex, May 27, 2014.

1. x4ortitudex
    x4ortitudex Guest

Disc Drive

Disc Drive in my xbox one isn't working, Can I just go out and buy one and replace it?

:)

x4ortitudex, May 27, 2014
  2. pstep
    pstep Guest
    Takes a long time to read discs...

The cheap and easy start is to use a DVD cleaner disc to try to clean the disc drive lense. Other than that It could be a damaged or mis-aligned laser in the drive that is VERY tricky to fix. If the cleaner disc won't work just swap out the drive.

-me

pstep, May 27, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, May 27, 2014
  4. Disc Drive

If you are referring to the optical drive (Bluray) then no. If you are referring to the HDD then technically you can however I would strongly advise against it.

The reasons for this are many... Firstly the HDD isn't very easy to get to.

Secondly, it will void your warranty, so if you break something else while trying to access it you'll have to replace the console out of your own pocket.

Third, A future update may render the HDD incompatible.

Your best option is to register for a repair at
    http://myservice.xbox.com

Skeeter Quill, May 27, 2014
  5. iRayDawg Win User

cant play bf3 anymore

6. onyxishere Win User

Origonal white xbox wont read any disks..

7. mikiesan-37927310-BD Win User

help me pleaseeeee

8. onyxishere Win User

Xbox Will not read disk, "open Tray" problem

9. usc1903-F36EA084-687 Win User
Thema:

Disc Drive

1. Disc Drive - Similar Threads - Disc Drive

2. Problem with disc drive reading Xbox One discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with disc drive reading Xbox One discs: Hello! I recently ran into a problem where my Xbox would not read my Xbox One game discs. It has no issue reading backwards compatible Xbox 360 game discs so this seems kind of strange to me. I...
  3. Disc drive not grabbing discs and making clicking sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive not grabbing discs and making clicking sound: Recently, our xbox one started having issues with the disc drive. We had to use the paper clip on the side hole trick to remove the disc as it would not come out and would make a clicking sound....
  4. 360 disc drive wont read games

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc drive wont read games: The 36 console start to have issue that effect gaming experience. I looked into the 360 and I wasn’t the only one. I learned that the 360 had the infamous red ring and was very faults machine. A...
  5. DIsc drive replaced

in XBoX on Consoles
    DIsc drive replaced: Hello, recently i bought a new bluray disc drive for my xbox one S to replace my old disc drive. The concern is that it gives me an E100 error during startup, I update offline but still E100...
  6. My Xbox One disc drive does this weird thing

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox One disc drive does this weird thing: So my Xbox does this weird thing where when I watch YouTube or play a game that doesn’t need a disc, I’ll try to put in a game disc and it won’t read it unless I eject it and put it back in, but...
  7. Xbox disc drive and grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disc drive and grinding: Im having trouble allowing discs to install on my console i get a constant thud after the disc is put in and sometimes it stalls but never installs most of the time none of my discs are damaged...
  8. Xbox One S: Holding disc solves disc drive issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S: Holding disc solves disc drive issue?: Well this isn’t my first rodeo with disc drive issues for xbox’s. I purchased an Xbox One S about 3 years ago after having 2 original Xbox One consoles having disc drive failures after the...
  9. One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.: I tried to put in a Kingdom Come: Deliverance game disc into my Xbox One X, but it caused my disc drive sound like it was struggling to accept it, in addition to the disc not being read. I’ve used...
  10. Xbox One Disc Drive Isn't Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc Drive Isn't Working: So this has been going on for a while now, my xbox one hasn't been reading any discs that I put in. Just recently, I decided to open up my console to see if I could find an issue, but everything...