Disc not being read. Help needed

Discus and support Disc not being read. Help needed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to play Batman Arkham Origins disc on my xbox one x and it wont read it. I have tried other 360 discs and regular discs with no problem. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JasonLosey, Aug 1, 2020.

1. JasonLosey
    JasonLosey Guest

I am trying to play Batman Arkham Origins disc on my xbox one x and it wont read it. I have tried other 360 discs and regular discs with no problem. I have cleared the cache and held the power button down til light went off and waited a couple minutes
    before turning it on. I loaded it on my daughters xbox one with no problem(it is an og xbox) but my one x wont read that disc and only that disc. There are no scratches or anything wrong with the disc. Does anyone have any ideas? I also played it on this one
    x a couple months ago, so I know it can work. Please help. Thank you.

:)

JasonLosey, Aug 1, 2020
  2. NoSalvation650 Win User

Disc not being read

Thank you all for the responses.

To the first post, I am not sure what you're talking about, since the only discs i am using is xbox one discs. I don't own a 360 or any games anymore, so titanfall and resident evil 4 are the xbox one versions. Its not reading any xbox one games, sunset
    overdrive, assassins creed syndicate, DOOM, rare replay, etc. I tried them all, and they arent being read.

I did get an external hard drive, buts thats not the issue since i tried unplugging it and using internal to load up halo 5 but it still didn't work that way either.

I will try clearing persistent storage though and holding the disc, but yeah i'm not really sure what to do.
  3. MessiahBrowny Win User

Discs not being read

Seems there an issue with the latest update are your part of the beta program?

If not try this
    support.xbox.com/.../disc-error

if still no luck i would ring Xbox support
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Disc not being read

The problem is that you are trying to play several games that are 360 disc based on your xbox one and that are not part of the backward compatibility list. For example RE 4 has a new version for xbox one and you can't use the xbox 360 disc to play it (it
    will not read the disc at all)

As for the rest of your disc based games (that are part of the bc list) check if they are scratched or damaged in the surface. There is no reason for a new console's disc driver to have problems in reading discs other than those caused by the damaged or
    unknown disc games
  5. InvasiveHASAN Win User

Disc not being read

Are you using an external HDD? If you are, than it could be the HDD failing and it would do the same thing which is not load.

The other thing would be is to clear persistent storage on the blu ray to see if that works. It is in the blu ray settings.
  6. ellerem Win User

Disc not being read

If the discs are for XBOX One just try holding the disc a little when you put it in. Let the console tug it then let go. This makes sure the disc sits fully back in the drive. Some drives seemed to not put the disc in the right place.

Good luck & happy gaming.
Thema:

1. Disc not being read. Help needed - Similar Threads - Disc being read

2. The Batman Arkham Origins Disc is not being read by my Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Batman Arkham Origins Disc is not being read by my Xbox One X: I have the Batman Arkham Origins disc 1 and am trying to play it on my Xbox One X. My Xbox does not read the disc and the game will not launch. I have tried other discs which work with no issues....
  3. Discs not being read, I own a first gen Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Discs not being read, I own a first gen Xbox One: My Xbox isn’t reading discs, I put a game into my Xbox and I hear the game spinning inside the console but thats it after about three spin noises it stops and my game isn’t read the console...
  4. Is anyone having problems with the game disc not being read in the xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone having problems with the game disc not being read in the xbox one?: certain games are not being read 24ff6d49-f60e-4825-8631-65eeb0042872
  5. Minecraft disc not being read.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft disc not being read.: My minecraft disc has been working fine for the past year until now. My Xbox won't read the disc. All I can do now is play the demo which is BORING! Plz fix 7b770321-3a6f-4ccd-aac4-5e86b80f0457
  6. Disc not being read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc not being read: I just bought an xbox one s, and it doesn't seem to be reading discs. It doesn't happen every time, but sometime I need to turn off the console multiple times to get it to read them. It doesn't...
  7. Games discs are not being read all the time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games discs are not being read all the time: I am having an issue where inserted discs are not working, but it is not 100% of the time. If I put in an Xbox One game disc, it does nothing sometimes.... sometimes it says failure to read the...
  8. Disc grinding and not being read - day one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc grinding and not being read - day one console: Hello, I just purchased Halo 5 and Rock Band 4 on disc and my day one console has started grinding and not reading the discs. I called MS and they said it would be over $100 to fix, but this...
  9. Game discs are not being readed and other things.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game discs are not being readed and other things.: This just started recently I put in a game that I've played before and I doesent even read the disc I dont even get the sound when it does start up. 2826055f-b407-4a94-9cce-b250f7637943
  10. Error: Not being able to read disc's info! Please read.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error: Not being able to read disc's info! Please read.: The current patch for the Xbox One is what is causing the Xbox One's to not be able to read the disc's. I personally have gone through the process of returning it to the store that I purchased it...