Disc not working error 0x80820003 - %2

Discus and support Disc not working error 0x80820003 - %2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A couple of weeks ago, I put a disc in my xbox and recieved the error code 0x80820003 - %2 (Basically says the disc is either dirty or scratched) I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LuciferWhit, Jul 25, 2021.

1. LuciferWhit
    LuciferWhit Guest

A couple of weeks ago, I put a disc in my xbox and recieved the error code 0x80820003 - %2

(Basically says the disc is either dirty or scratched)

I took the game out, noticed it was clean and was not damaged whatsoever and then tried again. It worked fine.

Happened a couple times every now and then but always got it working after ejecting and reinserting. It's happened about 3 times in total but not had any issues since.

However, a few days ago I tried playing GTA (first time in a few months) and I get the same error. As usual I took it out and back in but this time nothing happened. Tried it multiple times, cleaned it (even though it was already clean), triple checked for damage, nothing. I tried the disc in my girlfriends xbox and it worked fine, no issue.

Somehow, and I don't know how, I managed to get it working but when I tried to load into the game, I was stuck on an infinite loading screen no matter how many times I exited the game and started it again?

Some tips online included;

Hard reset on xbox. Done.

Cleaning out my disc drive. Done.

Uninstalling and reinstalling. Done (twice)

Switch to Instant on power mode. Done (was already on but have attempted alternating between that and energy saving)

Holding the disc for a second before finally letting the drive take it. Done.

Holding xbox at at 45° angle to allow gravity to fully insert the disc. Done.

Clearing persistent storage. Done.

All other games work perfectly fine but I know it's not the disc. As I said before all the games that it has done the error on (other than GTA) have worked on the second attempt and never experienced the error again. So why can't GTA do this?

Really lost at this point and looking for any help! All videos I've watched and things I've read don't really work.

Thanks in advance!

:)

LuciferWhit, Jul 25, 2021
  2. AisaBansuan Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

To be honest with you, in most cases, it has something to do with the disc but let's give this a shot. This time, I'll be providing you a step to restore your console to its factory defaults to remove all potentially corrupted files that can interrupt you from using the console’s full potential. Nothing to worry as everything will stay intact, you just need to sign in using your account. No games or apps will be deleted. Make sure you know your emails and password, okay?
  3. BKTechie Win User

Anyone still getting the 0x80820003 error?

Hi Team.

I have the exact same issue and error code. BluRay discs work without any issue. I only receive the error message with Xbox One titles.

0x80820003 0x35

Please advise.
  4. ImmuneBacchus06 Win User

My Xbox One is refusing to read games

im getting this error code 0x80820003 - 0x45 any help man
  5. Dbnejwkfmief Win User

Multiple Xbox One Game Disc Problems

Every time I put a movie in, it immediately plays perfectly. But the multiple games I try to open, I get an error every time.

PvZ Battle for Neighborville: I put it in, after a few seconds, it opens up. But 0.5-2 seconds afterward, it says "Insert the disc." It's a new disc, too, with no scratches or anything! I uninstall, and it
    brings up a "Check your disc" (0x800820003 0x46) error.

South Park The Fractured but Whole: I put it in, nothing happens. I go ahead and open the game, it sends me to the Microsoft Store giving me a 1 hour Trial. I uninstall and try again, it brings up the "Check
    your disc" (0x80820003 - 0x46) error.

Minecraft: "Sorry this game isn't compatible." pops up 30 seconds later before anything happens. I put it in again and as I was typing this, it also brought up the "Check your disc" (0x80820003 - 0x46) error.

And like I said, I've already cleaned & checked for scratches and they're all physically good! Would this mean I need a new Disc drive? I just replaced it about a week ago, and the PvZ game worked once after that about a day ago!
  6. SKANEMETH Win User

Xbox One S error code 0x80820003 - 0x1A

Thema:

1. Disc not working error 0x80820003 - %2 - Similar Threads - Disc working error

2. MW Trilogy Discs no Longer work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW Trilogy Discs no Longer work?: I got the trilogy case for CoD4, MW2, and MW3 back in early-2020. The first time I played them, they worked fine and played fine. However, after trying to reinstall them now, both CoD4 and MW2 pop...
  3. Is Microsoft working on a way to trade discs for digital media?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Microsoft working on a way to trade discs for digital media?: I know the Series S can't play disc-based games but is Microsoft planning on starting a program where you can trade in physical copies for digital copies? I guess having a game installed on an...
  4. Xbox one doesn't work with discs.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one doesn't work with discs.: So this has been going on for a while, but whenever I try a disc game, the game doesn't work. There is no error message, and I can really find anything on it. I have tried it on another console...
  5. My discs voices won't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My discs voices won't work: So i have a few discs for my xbox and for all of them the characters voices don't work things in the games like music and other noises in the game work just not dialogue is there anyway to fix it...
  6. Will the Xbox One legacy work with a Xbox 360 disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the Xbox One legacy work with a Xbox 360 disc?: I have a TDU:2 Xbox 360 disc and I was wondering whether it would work with my XB1 legacy because I remember a couple of years ago that you could, Also, the disc was bought in India, so would...
  7. i wanna install Battlefield 3 from disc, but its not working error code 0X8082000c

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i wanna install Battlefield 3 from disc, but its not working error code 0X8082000c: Hello, i need help . i wanna install Battlefield 3 from disc, but its not working error code 0X8082000c any idea .......... Thx 4 help 6b224106-c6e2-4e24-b54c-47d47bdda2eb
  8. Game error- this disc is unreadable- even though everything works beside this game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game error- this disc is unreadable- even though everything works beside this game: I just bought the Lego Marvel game. Download to my flash drive , where I have my mincraft game and so. 5.4gb . And I received the msg "this disc is unreadable " 1. Clean the disc with a soft...
  9. i wanna install Battlefield 3 from disc, but its not working error code 0X8082000c

in XBoX on Consoles
    i wanna install Battlefield 3 from disc, but its not working error code 0X8082000c: Hey , i wanna install Battlefield 3 from disc, but its not working error code 0X8082000c Thx 4 help b3bd6ad9-bb07-4ad7-ba7c-1ad612fd4f08
  10. Xbox 360 disc error, possible solution will it work? Need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 disc error, possible solution will it work? Need help: I recently purchased AC Black Flag. Disc error after playing for sometime, tried installing won't install. Got the disc replaced same problem. All other game disc playing fine, also both the AC...