Disc tray/Console failure (5 times different issues)

Discus and support Disc tray/Console failure (5 times different issues) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all Hoping someone here can help. Im at a total loss. Ive been through 5 different xbox one consoles. All have had a different failure of some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaydenDruzynski, May 29, 2020.

1. Disc tray/Console failure (5 times different issues)

Hi all

Hoping someone here can help. Im at a total loss.

Ive been through 5 different xbox one consoles. All have had a different failure of some kind and im sick of forking out money for replacements.

My most recent one is experiencing disc tray failure. Ive done the usual troubleshooting steps and it's been getting worse. And after resetting it now no games will launch immediately.

Can anyone help me at all? I tried xbox support and they just shoved me off and were completely unhelpful.

Keen for any assistance. Thanks in advance

:)

JaydenDruzynski, May 29, 2020
  2. PlushRelic54582 Win User

Hello and thanks for posting your questions on fourm please use link below to help solve this problem

Xbox support

@plushrelic
  3. XxD3ltaBravoxX Win User

what did this new update do to my xbox, the tray is opening and closing all the time,

[quote user="XSoulShooterX"]4: while your xbox is off push you disk tray in half way[/quote]

@OP, I'm not sure if this is the best idea. The chances of damaging the disc tray are greater if you operate it without power. Intentionally operating the Xbox disc tray while not powered may also void your warranty. I'm not sure if the problem here is
    disc drive failure.

By chance, is your Xbox console 4G?
  4. Mister Gwyther Win User

time frame for fixing issues with update

Hey there Farmer! I'm sorry to hear your console is acting up. At this time though we have no indication that the update caused any irreparable hardware failures. For your issue I would suggest starting with the disc tray troubleshooter (support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution)
    and follow the suggestions there. Please let us know if you need any further help, thanks!
  5. paulsmid Win User

A system update is required to sign in to Xbox Live, but the update is currently unavailable

try this it works 9 out off 10 times with these problems

Your console had a problem during the update process. Carefully follow these step-by-step instructions:

1.Eject the disc tray and remove any disc from the console.

Important Don’t close the disc tray. Leave it open.

2.With the disc tray open, remove the power cord from the back of the console.

3.Gently push the disc tray about half-way back into the console.

4.Plug the power cord back into the console.

5.Push the power button on the console. The tray should close the rest of the way and then the console should restart and display the Xbox Dashboard.

Important Don’t use the controller button or the disc tray eject button to turn on the console for this step.

6.Try updating your console software again.

The update should now continue. If the above steps don’t work, the console might need to be repaired. Contact Xbox Support using the Assistance section at the bottom of this page.
  6. Lavindathar Win User

GAMESTATION CONSOLE TRADE IN Q

Yes there is a good chance they will try a game, seeing as disc tray failure is the most common on the 360.
Thema:

1. Disc tray/Console failure (5 times different issues) - Similar Threads - Disc tray Console

2. My xbox one console disc tray has stopped working and not sure going all digital will be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one console disc tray has stopped working and not sure going all digital will be...: I had for 6 years and not sure how to repair it and my warrantly is over on the console.Should I send you my serial number of xbox one. 9f00833d-c2f0-4c10-8a20-a0b815cee573
  3. Disc tray wont read the disc someone help me please

in XboX Insiders
    Disc tray wont read the disc someone help me please: I put a disc in and it makes the noise like its reading it but then stops and doesn't do anything and the disc are fine can anyone please help submitted by /u/SR20PULSE [link] [comments]
  4. Disc tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc tray: When i dont have a disk inside the console, it makes the noise when you insert it inside and im not sure why. Any help? 33bce1f7-c633-4312-b458-0046fe23e88a
  5. Xbox 360 disc tray noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 disc tray noise.: Problem: 1. Xbox makes a grinding noise after closing the tray. This noise is created whether or not a disc is in the tray. It last for 1-2 seconds. 2. “Open tray” is displayed on the screen...
  6. Xbox One S Disc Tray Not Opening

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Disc Tray Not Opening: Hello all, I bought a brand new Xbox One S for myself just a little over a week ago. Everything seemed to work perfectly, I had no issues so far. Unfortunately, yesterday I’ve been having...
  7. Disc tray noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc tray noise: I have recently purchased an xbox from a store (secondhand), everytime I eject a disc it makes a funny noise and the xbox also been loading up with a glitchy screen. I was wonderding if this is a...
  8. Black screen on xbox one on the new update when disc is in the tray.

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen on xbox one on the new update when disc is in the tray.: [IMG] submitted by /u/AlexanderUlti [link] [comments]
  9. Having issues with the new dashboard update with disc tray also disc tray was working fine...

in XboX Insiders
    Having issues with the new dashboard update with disc tray also disc tray was working fine...: [IMG] submitted by /u/AlexanderUlti [link] [comments]
  10. So when I have my disc tray in the console it wont load into the menu

in XboX Insiders
    So when I have my disc tray in the console it wont load into the menu: So my xbox one disc tray was having issues it wouldn’t even load to the menu and wouldn’t load games it did before just fine but it’s not right now for some reason? submitted by /u/AlexanderUlti...