Disc tray flaw

Discus and support Disc tray flaw in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Disc tray flaw I bought a 360 for my son and after hooking it all up tyred to put in a disc and it made a funny sound tyred a couple more times be or... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by VinylicCashew42, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Disc tray flaw

Disc tray flaw
    I bought a 360 for my son and after hooking it all up tyred to put in a disc and it made a funny sound tyred a couple more times be or looking it up on line and found it' a flaw in the disc tray it' self and many others have had the same issue as well watched
    videos on it and in all of them they made the same sound as mine so can I send this in and have it fixed. And also will this be on my time even tho it' a flaw in your product and I'm not the only one that has had this issue.

:)

VinylicCashew42, Jan 23, 2018
  2. southpark
    southpark Guest
    Leaving Games In The Console

I usually just leave the disc in the tray until I get ready to play a different game or watch a movie. The way I see it, if you remove a disc from the disc tray every time you finish playing a game or watching a movie, it puts more wear and tear on the mechanisms that control the tray. If you can minimize the opening and closing, you can avoid wearing out your disc tray prematurely.

southpark, Jan 23, 2018
  3. Xbox 360 Slim: Flashing green center light, disc tray opens back up on its own when I try to close it

>Playing Lost Odyssey

>Please insert Disc 2

>Inserts Disc 2

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Turn off console

>Disc tray opens

>Close disc tray

>Unplug console

>Disc tray remains closed

>Plug console in

>Disc tray opens

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens

>Push tray in manually

REPEAT FOREVER AND EVER

Basically, the xbox is ALWAYS in a state of opening the disc tray. As soon as the tray finishes closing, the xbox opens it again. It will never even begin to try and read the disc that you slip in.

I got this xbox on black Friday last year.

I'm in Korea right now so I'm not shipping the stupid thing back.

No *** answers please, I don't have time for them. A *** answer would be something like "check the grounding" or "clean the touch sensor."

ImVictorHoffman, Jan 23, 2018
  4. PhilMarck Win User

Leaving game in trey when your xbox is shut off?

It's disc tray "tray" not "trey".

-

Trey is a name.
  5. OCRyzen Win User

Need help: Disc Tray keeps thinking that it's opening.

Yeah It Is... I Forgot About That... You Still Don't Force The Disc In Though... The Drive Has Rollers & Pulls The Disc In..

If You Force The Disc, It Will Stuff Up The Sensors...

I'm Used To End-Users, Using Disc Trays As Cup Holders & Automatically, Thought Disc Tray... LOL.. + Heading Says Disc Tray...
  6. Gamechamp3000 Win User

I can't play Skyrim :(

Is the Skyrim disc in the disc tray?
  7. iNb4 Ownage Win User

is it ok to leave disk inside the disk tray while xbox one is on standby mode?

Hey there WOLF. Yes, it is always ok to leave disc in the disc tray as long as you don't move the console. NEVER move the console with a disc in the tray because it can ruin the disc. :)
  8. GH0ST OP Win User

Backwards Compatibility

The disc has to be in the tray for the game to launch and must remain in the tray.
Thema:

Disc tray flaw

1. Disc tray flaw - Similar Threads - Disc tray flaw

2. XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error): My xbox 360's disc drive laser seems to barely be moving even with all the fixes i tried. It first moves close to the center of the disc then stays there and moves just ever so slightly. The disc...
  3. Disc tray

in XBoX Accessibility
    Disc tray: My xbox disc tray will not load discs and makes a weird noise and wont accept a disc (rdr2 or others) and will just work every one in a million times 311d091f-7afb-49c7-89a9-1340ce80cd97
  4. Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray: OK so I've had this xbox 360 from brand new, never had an issue, 2 years ago I moved into a semi detached bungalow, my controller got broken in the move so I haven't even played on it but it's...
  5. Xbox 360 Disc Tray and Reading Disc Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Disc Tray and Reading Disc Problems: I haven't played my Xbox 360 Pro in a couple of years but the other day I decided to boot it up. It starts fine, everything works. I've updated the system and the whole nine yards but my disc tray...
  6. Xbox disc trays

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disc trays: Why are Xbox disc readers so bad? I have an Xbox one x and my Xbox can't even read disc's. If I pay 500 for a console you should at least able to have a good disc sensor....
  7. Disc tray tings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc tray tings: I put gta in with a barcode sticker on it from game the disc started downloading then stopped when I took the disc out to try again the sticker was gone and I can no longer play any games...
  8. My Xbox says I don't own skyrim despite having the disc in tray.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox says I don't own skyrim despite having the disc in tray.: this started the day after that "free play" thing. I knew this was cause an issue. I restarted my Xbox and game. Still asks "do you own this game or app". Umm yes I've owned the damned thing for...
  9. Xbox one x disc tray issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x disc tray issue: just got my Scorpio edition all set up went to pop in the new forza 7 game I bought and the disc tray didn’t pull in the disc. Me thinking it was a new feature I pushed the disc in where it...
  10. Disc tray grind / unable to read disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc tray grind / unable to read disc: I've been having this problem for a while . Where my disc are unable to be read by my Xbox one. Been problem shooting it by angling my Xbox at a 25 degree angle. To have gravity help pull it in...