Disconnecting from Internet Randomly

Discus and support Disconnecting from Internet Randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! Please excuse the non-technical lingo. For months now, I have had issues where I will play with friends on different multiplayer games, and my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BreMe24, Mar 25, 2020 at 4:43 AM.

1. BreMe24
    BreMe24 Guest

Hi! Please excuse the non-technical lingo.

For months now, I have had issues where I will play with friends on different multiplayer games, and my Xbox One X will suddenly just disconnect from my internet. Initially, I believed it was my internet provider, so I contacted them, and we had a different
    router placed in that can handle much more stress and traffic. The tech even stayed and watched the internet usage and stress while I played a few matches. Nothing changed on his end. Typically my download speed averages 50.2Mbps and upload speed averages
    17.1Mbps with two computers, two smartphones, a smart tv, and a tablet connected in the daytime. At night, my download speed can jump up to 240Mbps with an upload speed of 23.5Mbps. None of my other devices ever run into any sorts of issues with the internet
    whenever my Xbox disconnects. I've monitored my ping as well around the times that this sort of thing happens. Originally, my ping would skyrocket, but lately, it's stayed at about 30ms with a jitter of about 30ms as well (both improving at night sometimes).
    Now, it's like I will be talking to someone and in the middle of running or shooting and it all just disconnects without so much as a second of lag.

My Xbox is situated approximately 15 feet from the router with a thin, drywall between. I am unable to currently connect with an ethernet cable, unfortunately. I have had issues playing Far Cry 5, Far Cry New Dawn, GTA V Online, Minecraft, Rainbow Six Siege,
    Fortnite, using Spotify, and even just sitting in a party occasionally with nothing running in the background. I have had more instances of this issue happening while playing with 1-2 other players than I have had it playing with 4-8 players.

I've done plenty of hard resets of my Xbox and my router, and I've discussed it with my internet provider. While my Xbox does use up a lot of data, they said they haven't seen any issues on their end with it being kicked off due to overuse. I've manually
    cleared my caches as well and disconnected my internet from the Xbox entirely. I've moved it closer to the router, turned it, elevated it, and moved items around the room. I even tried the good ol' aluminum can trick just to say that I did, but nothing has
    prevailed. Some nights it doesn't happen at all, and some nights, it happens as soon as I join a game and over and over again. Has anyone faced these sorts of issues? Any tips for this? Advice? Just trying to get through the quarantine without losing my mind.

:)

2. XBF Leslie D Win User

Xbox disconnects from internet randomly

Hi REDz,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. In regards to your Xbox disconnecting from your internet randomly we do have an article that provides possible solutions. Please click this article

'I need help with my Xbox One network connection"

Once you're on the link click the option "I can connect but I am experiencing connection quality issues' After choose your issue
    "I am getting randomly disconnected from Xbox Live.' and follow the instructions provided.

Let us know how it goes!
  3. Mister Mascot Win User

Xbox Randomly Disconnects from the Internet

I also forgot to mention that my NAT type is unavailable. Could that be causing the disconnections? It randomly changes to open sometimes and that's when I am able to connect to xbox live.
    Hey there,

It sounds like there is a network problem so let's take a closer look.

Run a Detailed Network Statistics test on the Xbox One console and please provide the following information.

• Download Speed
    • Upload Speed
    • Latency
    • Packet Loss %
    • Wireless Strength (if applicable)
    • Modem Manufacturer
    • Router Manufacturer (if being used) as well as the model number
    • NAT Type
    Let's then have you try to do a Network power cycle, to see if it helps.

• Start by powering off and unplugging your Modem, Router (if applicable) and Xbox One console.
    • After 60 seconds of the devices being powered off, turn on the power to your Modem and then the Router (if applicable).
    • Wait another 60 seconds for the network equipment to turn on and gain the proper signals from your ISP. Then turn on your Xbox One console.
    That information will help us determine the next best steps. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  4. Tormaz Win User

Xbox randomly disconnects from the internet

Hello!

I would try doing a Hard reset on the Xbox and reboot all networking equipment to see if that helps. If you're using Wifi, if you're able to, try connecting via a ethernet cable to see if the issue goes away.
  5. JhonSnow777 Win User

Xbox disconnects from internet randomly

6. Avenger685 Win User

Xbox Randomly Disconnects from the Internet

I also forgot to mention that my NAT type is unavailable. Could that be causing the disconnections? It randomly changes to open sometimes and that's when I am able to connect to xbox live.
Thema:

1. Disconnecting from Internet Randomly - Similar Threads - Disconnecting Internet Randomly

2. xbox one random disconnects from internet

in XboX Networking Hardware
    xbox one random disconnects from internet: xbox one random disconnects from internet You could also try ip passthrough in your firewall settings of your router if your having trouble connecting with other players. I recommend that you...
  3. Xbox One S disconnects from internet randomly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One S disconnects from internet randomly: For the past month, my xbox has been disconnecting from the internet randomly. My boyfriend has my old xbox one which is right beside mine, and we’ll be in the same game when I disconnect. I can...
  4. Xbox disconnects from internet randomly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox disconnects from internet randomly: Every hour or so my xbox one s disconnects from the internet randomly. I am using an ethernet cable and on the network setting i have an open Nat type. Thanks 30bd0a5b-8dfe-4bd8-b357-e15c59fdabc4
  5. Verizon: Xbox randomly disconnects from the internet

Verizon: Xbox randomly disconnects from the internet: Verizon (ISPs): Xbox randomly disconnects from the internet Try a hard reset of the xbox hold the home button for 8 seconds till it completely shuts off and unplug the xbox for 5 minutes tyen...
  6. Xplorenet: Xbox randomly disconnecting from internet and being ignored.

Xplorenet: Xbox randomly disconnecting from internet and being ignored.: Xplorenet (ISPs): Xbox randomly disconnecting from internet and being ignored. Check this link for a possible solution: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/networking/random-disconnect-solution...
  7. Too many Xbox One X consoles randomly disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Too many Xbox One X consoles randomly disconnecting from internet: I've posted in two other threads addressing this but I'd like to make another discussion topic about it in hopes to bring more attention to the widespread problem many are dealing with. I've been...
  8. Xbox 1x randomly disconnects from internet(wifi)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1x randomly disconnects from internet(wifi): I just upgraded to the xbox1x five days ago, and I cant seem to stay connected to the internet. it's really starting to become annoying, I didn't pay $500 not to be able to play a complete cod ww2...
  9. Random disconnection from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random disconnection from internet: My Xbox One S randomly disconnects from my wifi even though the wifi is working perfectly fine. It generally only does this when I am in a party, but sometimes happens without being in a party. I...
  10. Random disconnection from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random disconnection from internet: hi there my Xbox one keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet for no reason when I play GTA v, every other game has no issues. It is very frustrating and getting extremely annoying now. Can...