Discs not being read, I own a first gen Xbox One

Discus and support Discs not being read, I own a first gen Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox isn’t reading discs, I put a game into my Xbox and I hear the game spinning inside the console but thats it after about three spin noises it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MLP AntMan, Mar 28, 2019.

1. MLP AntMan
    MLP AntMan Guest

My Xbox isn’t reading discs, I put a game into my Xbox and I hear the game spinning inside the console but thats it after about three spin noises it stops and my game isn’t read the console doesn’t react to the game at all rarely I would get an error code
    but the error code doesn’t fix the problem I have done the most popular solutions but none of them seem to work.

:)

MLP AntMan, Mar 28, 2019
  2. zmaster2XXX Win User

I am trying to save that as a last resort
    It sounds dead. Send it for repair, or upgrade to an S or X.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

This is an issue I am very familiar with on the original xbox one's.

Faulty disc drives was a common problem with them,i had it happen to 4 different consoles,all with exactly the same issue's you've described.

The trouble shooting guides posted above wont fix it.

It would need to be sent of for repair & as it's out of warranty you would need to pay.Considering the extortionate prices Microsoft charge for repairing a console you would be better off buying a new xbox one.

A new Xbox One S is only a few £/$ more than the cost of getting your console repaired.
  4. MLP AntMan Win User

I am trying to save that as a last resort
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there Antman thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help, we have seen this in the past
    and since the issue could be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a >Soft
    Factory Reset
    <
    (while keeping games and apps)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup
    lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there MLP,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the disc drive on the Xbox One not reading any discs. I recommend to try the following troubleshooting article:

How to troubleshoot problems playing a disc on your Xbox One

If the previous solution didn't fix the issue, your console will need a repair. Go to

Device service and repair
    to submit a service request. For more information, see

Getting your Xbox console or accessory serviced

Try this out and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Discs not being read, I own a first gen Xbox One - Similar Threads - Discs being read

2. Disc not being read. Help needed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc not being read. Help needed: I am trying to play Batman Arkham Origins disc on my xbox one x and it wont read it. I have tried other 360 discs and regular discs with no problem. I have cleared the cache and held the power...
  3. The Batman Arkham Origins Disc is not being read by my Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Batman Arkham Origins Disc is not being read by my Xbox One X: I have the Batman Arkham Origins disc 1 and am trying to play it on my Xbox One X. My Xbox does not read the disc and the game will not launch. I have tried other discs which work with no issues....
  4. Is anyone having problems with the game disc not being read in the xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone having problems with the game disc not being read in the xbox one?: certain games are not being read 24ff6d49-f60e-4825-8631-65eeb0042872
  5. Minecraft disc not being read.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft disc not being read.: My minecraft disc has been working fine for the past year until now. My Xbox won't read the disc. All I can do now is play the demo which is BORING! Plz fix 7b770321-3a6f-4ccd-aac4-5e86b80f0457
  6. Disc not being read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc not being read: I just bought an xbox one s, and it doesn't seem to be reading discs. It doesn't happen every time, but sometime I need to turn off the console multiple times to get it to read them. It doesn't...
  7. Games discs are not being read all the time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games discs are not being read all the time: I am having an issue where inserted discs are not working, but it is not 100% of the time. If I put in an Xbox One game disc, it does nothing sometimes.... sometimes it says failure to read the...
  8. Disc grinding and not being read - day one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc grinding and not being read - day one console: Hello, I just purchased Halo 5 and Rock Band 4 on disc and my day one console has started grinding and not reading the discs. I called MS and they said it would be over $100 to fix, but this...
  9. Game discs are not being readed and other things.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game discs are not being readed and other things.: This just started recently I put in a game that I've played before and I doesent even read the disc I dont even get the sound when it does start up. 2826055f-b407-4a94-9cce-b250f7637943
  10. Error: Not being able to read disc's info! Please read.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error: Not being able to read disc's info! Please read.: The current patch for the Xbox One is what is causing the Xbox One's to not be able to read the disc's. I personally have gone through the process of returning it to the store that I purchased it...