Discs vs Digital automatic updates

Discus and support Discs vs Digital automatic updates in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If I have a game on disc installed are updates automatically applied or only when the disc is in the system? 7ba7b1e3-6dd0-4108-9aac-67a06b4d4484 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DVONvX, Apr 3, 2015.

1. DVONvX
    DVONvX Guest

If I have a game on disc installed are updates automatically applied or only when the disc is in the system?

:)

DVONvX, Apr 3, 2015
  2. Instructions Manuals that comes with Disc Games, do you miss them?

That Error 37 was with Diablo in,, I don't know or care. You're pretty desperate using that as an example. Have you considered broken pre internet games? this is about manuals, not digital vs discs.

Many single player games require updates,,,,,,, They also don't require these updates to play offline. So the conclusion to this thread is that the Xbox community can't communicate or discuss a single topic without getting to the vs stage.

RedEye Expr3ss, Apr 3, 2015
  3. Mandoble
    Mandoble Guest
    question regarding "ready to install" BC titles

If you have disc based games which are already BC, just put the disc inside and a download for the digital version will start automatically.

Mandoble, Apr 3, 2015
  4. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest

Hi DVON! To answer your question, yes, any games installed to your system will automatically update, even if they are disc based. The disc doesn't need to be in for the update to download and apply itself. The update will be applied to the content on the
    hard drive which has been installed from the disc.

Now, occasionally you'll get an update that goes all the way to 99% and doesn't finish until you put the game in and start playing, but that's not "the usual," and it still does 99% of the update, it just needs to "finalize" when you put the disc in (and
    that only takes a couple of seconds.)

Hope this helps!

Jaymo1978, Apr 3, 2015
  5. Jaymo1978 Win User

Hi DVON! To answer your question, yes, any games installed to your system will automatically update, even if they are disc based. The disc doesn't need to be in for the update to download and apply itself. The update will be applied to the content on the
    hard drive which has been installed from the disc.

Now, occasionally you'll get an update that goes all the way to 99% and doesn't finish until you put the game in and start playing, but that's not "the usual," and it still does 99% of the update, it just needs to "finalize" when you put the disc in (and
    that only takes a couple of seconds.)

Hope this helps!
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox One The Witcher 2

Is the game a digital or disc version? You may have to check for an update if you have automatic update games turned off.
  7. ShrewdVulcan Win User

Xbox will not finish update on any games

Games purchased digitally will automatically download and install the updates.

But games you purchased retail (i.e. disc-based) will require you putting the disc in the drive in order to finish the installation of the update.

PS4 updates both digital and disc media games regardless. I wish Xbox One would do this.

I find it utterly annoying to have to feed disc after disc into the X1 just to finish the installation of the update.
  8. CAMARO Xlll Win User

Xbox One doesn't auto update games and applications

No. You need digital copies for them to automatically update. Any disc based game will not update because it cannot verify your license without the disc in the drive. Still glad they reversed all the policies? LOL
  9. S T R l K U R Win User

Hey MS! How can we Pre Order games we want to Download???

If Microsoft wants me to convert to digital downloads and NOT BUY A PHYSICAL DISC...they need to make digital downloads cheaper than disc!!!!!

$45.00 for digital vs $60.00 for disc.....THEN IM GOING DIGITAL ,......

DO YOU HEAR ME MICROSOFT?
Thema:

1. Discs vs Digital automatic updates - Similar Threads - Discs Digital automatic

2. Disc to Digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc to Digital: So I am going to go from Rainbow Six on disc to a Xbox digital game. I am getting a different edition though, which includes new things, will I still keep my process from the original game?...
  3. Disc to digital true or false

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc to digital true or false: I heard that a person could send in a disc to microsoft and they will download the digital version to your xbox. Is this true? 9b5c9f5b-c5ea-40ca-a34a-36e261c81bd5
  4. Can't buy the digital veresion of the game (COD MW) after previously owing the disc version...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy the digital veresion of the game (COD MW) after previously owing the disc version...: Good Day, I am trying to buy the digital version of COD MW because it is on sale now but I can not seem to buy it. When I first tried buying the game it showed an error on my phone that I can not...
  5. Trocar o disco por mídia digital[Translation-Swap the disc for digital media]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trocar o disco por mídia digital[Translation-Swap the disc for digital media]: my disk is not working and it is stained and peeling and with a bubble I need to make an exchange for digital media I'm trying to do this a month more I'm not getting in contact and the company's...
  6. Can't load/play any digital or disc games on Xbox One S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't load/play any digital or disc games on Xbox One S.: I am not able to play any games on my Xbox One S (500 GB). It was working fine earlier and then it stopped loading games. When I try to run a game, it goes to the loading screen for a few seconds...
  7. Can't load/play any digital or disc games on Xbox One S.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't load/play any digital or disc games on Xbox One S.: I am not able to play any games on my Xbox One S (500 GB). It was working fine earlier and then it stopped loading games. When I try to run a game, it goes to the loading screen for a few seconds...
  8. Can I install a disc version over a digital title of the same game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I install a disc version over a digital title of the same game?: Hello, Dumb question coming up, I recently purchased a game from the XBX Store and today I found the collectors edition of the same title on my bookshelf, I thought that i didn't hdyill have this...
  9. Xbox One S All Digital Edition "Disc to Digital Program"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S All Digital Edition "Disc to Digital Program": So after reading online about the console that replaced my faulty one (thanks microsoft for that!) I found some articles talking about a planned disc to digital program. Does anyone know if this...
  10. Is it possible to transfer xbox 360 disc games to xbox one s all-digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to transfer xbox 360 disc games to xbox one s all-digital: I would like to ask if its possible to somehow transfer or use the backward compataiblity feature with xbox 360 disc games onto a xbox one s all-digital as i dont see any options to install my...