Dishonored language

Discus and support Dishonored language in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I got Dishonored with the Games with Gold offers. The problem is, whatever language I set my Xbox on, the game is in French. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by DarthCaedus7, Aug 17, 2014.

1. DarthCaedus7
    DarthCaedus7 Guest

Dishonored language

I got Dishonored with the Games with Gold offers. The problem is, whatever language I set my Xbox on, the game is in French.

Is there any way to switch the game language to english?

:)

DarthCaedus7, Aug 17, 2014
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Think I understand the problem now !

Indeed the game supports german language as well, yet your console region should be set to Germany and your default language should be set to german in order to play Dishonored in that language.

M3tal Daz3, Aug 17, 2014
  3. xTheKuhn
    xTheKuhn Guest
    Dishonored Definitive Edition has the wrong language

Hello,

I just pre-ordered Dishonored 2 and got the prequel Dishonored Definitive Edition for free. I pr-ordered it in the german store because im German. But after downloading it the language is English. But my console has Germany as location and German as language.
    But the game is English. Why is that so? It´s annoying. Can somebody help me with that issue?

xTheKuhn, Aug 17, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Dishonored language

Which country is your gamertag set for? Games and videos will usually default to the official language of that region.

onyxishere, Aug 17, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Dishonored language

Which country is your gamertag set for? Games and videos will usually default to the official language of that region.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Think I understand the problem now !

Indeed the game supports german language as well, yet your console region should be set to Germany and your default language should be set to german in order to play Dishonored in that language.
  7. Estugon666 Win User

Dishonored Language set to French

It could probably be that the Games-on-Demand version just supports French, Italian, German and Spanish as default languages. So it could be due to this that you can't start the game on english or russian. I've had the same problem Dishonored starting in
    French, but after setting my console language to german it worked fine. With my console language in english it would start the game in french.
  8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Estugon666! I am stoked to see how much you want to help people, but this thread here is pretty old. The gamer looking for help has probably already fixed what he was experiencing. However, there are a whole bunch of other forums and threads that
    people are looking for help in. You should pop over into one of them and throw down some knowledge!
  9. Zefph Win User

Hello,

Where was the game bought? If your location is set to either Russia or England, and it's still in french, you may have gotten a french version of the game?

I went in to my version of the game (UK), and there's no settings for language, unfortunately.

But try to use a French to English or Russian translator, and navigate to OPTIONS (Far right) and see if you find a language setting. If you can't - I'm not sure on what to do, sadly, other than trading it back in, and find another version of the game, that
    is in english or russian.
Thema:

Dishonored language

1. Dishonored language - Similar Threads - Dishonored language

2. Dishonored Definitive Edition (Dishonored 2 preorder bonus)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored Definitive Edition (Dishonored 2 preorder bonus): So, I pre-ordered Dishonored 2 when it was still a big thing, as you do. The preorder came with Dishonored and it's DLC's. It's been a while since that, but I am trying to play the first game that...
  3. Dishonored2 and dishonored death of the outsider still crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored2 and dishonored death of the outsider still crash: When i start dishonored2 or dishonored death of the outsider all loads normally but when the scrren :press any button income . I press random button and then my game crash.I tried re-instal and it...
  4. Dishonored 2 - Error in starting game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored 2 - Error in starting game: Hi, I recently have purchased disk with Dishonored 2 from store. After I launched the game and developers' logos went through, the game prompted me to press button. I did, and after a few...
  5. Dishonored 2 crashing at the first loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored 2 crashing at the first loading screen: Hi, I recently have purchased Dishonored 2 from Microsoft Store. Instalation went fine and after I launched the game and developers' logos went through, the game prompted me to press button. I...
  6. No Dishonored Remaster Code w/ PreOrder of Dishonored 2.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No Dishonored Remaster Code w/ PreOrder of Dishonored 2.: I preordered Dishonored 2 on the Xbox one Store and it was suppose to include Dishonored 1 Definitive Edition and I still have not received a code or message regarding it....
  7. JUST ADD DISHONORED ALREADY

in XBoX Games and Apps
    JUST ADD DISHONORED ALREADY: Please add dishonored to backwards compatibility, none of my Xbox 360 controllers still work properly and I'm not buying a new Xbox 360 controller just to play dishonored....
  8. Just bought Dishonored on disk and went to install. Downloaded to 40% then said installation ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Dishonored on disk and went to install. Downloaded to 40% then said installation ...: I could use some help. I don't have internet hooked up or at all in general. 1a34a437-340a-4ff3-842b-c9cb7542064b
  9. Dishonored Definitive Edition has the wrong language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored Definitive Edition has the wrong language: Hello, I just pre-ordered Dishonored 2 and got the prequel Dishonored Definitive Edition for free. I pr-ordered it in the german store because im German. But after downloading it the language is...
  10. Dishonored Definitive Edition Xbox One: Language Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored Definitive Edition Xbox One: Language Problem: Hello i'm Ignazio from Italy, i've got a little problem in my digital copy of Dishonored Definitive Edition for xbox one. I just buy the game in the store and then when is downloaded my game is...