Disk 6 Has been Surprised Removed

Discus and support Disk 6 Has been Surprised Removed in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had the error "Disk 6 has been surprised removed" filling up my event log for quite some time. I don't have a physical disk #6 but using the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TravisPenner, Feb 16, 2021.

1. TravisPenner
    TravisPenner Guest

I've had the error "Disk 6 has been surprised removed" filling up my event log for quite some time. I don't have a physical disk #6 but using the PowerShell to get a list of disks I discovered Disk #6 was a virtual disk that all XBOX Live PC and Microsoft PC games installs and depends upon. Once I uninstalled all my Microsoft games - the virtual disk disappeared and the issue was resolved.

This is hardly an ideal solution as I would very much like to use XBOX Game Pass and the copy of Gears of War that I bought. Is there a better solution and will Microsoft fix this bug?

:)

TravisPenner, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

It's not an issue, it's how it's meant to function.

Unless you're having major issues with your PC you shouldn't need to look at event viewer as it will always show system errors even on totally healthy clean OS instalations.

The Game Pass titles use a similar filesystem as their Xbox counterparts which creates temporary VXD drives. These virtual discs shouldn't be using more storage when in use.
  3. AMaraudingGhost Win User

L.A. Noire was once a six disc game

Im not really surprised... Anything could go onto 6 disks or more with enough waffle to pad it out
  4. NoUse4AName68 Win User

Prestige emblems released... *Spoiler maybe?*

Looks like the video has been removed. Guess I still get to wait and be surprised :D
  5. AK47 mofo Win User

7 Day Ban on Communications

I'm actually surprised I haven't been made to already. 6 years strong with no change.
  6. Photonimus Win User

account has been removed

Check your consoles memory and make sure the profile isn't corrupted. If it is, delete it, then use the recover profile/download profile option in your sign in.
Thema:

1. Disk 6 Has been Surprised Removed - Similar Threads - Disk Has been

2. Asked to purchase "black ops" game after inserting disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Asked to purchase "black ops" game after inserting disk: I have Xbox One X and recently purchased Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold war used on physical disk. First time I inserted it was trying to sign me in, then failed and now every time it prompts me...
  3. Since 3/1/2021 OG Xbox one turns on by itself randomly along with a random ejecting disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since 3/1/2021 OG Xbox one turns on by itself randomly along with a random ejecting disk drive: My Xbox is up to date since the first of this month. Since then this Xbox has been turning on randomly and at various points once shut off. I do not have it set for automatic updates, I've cleaned...
  4. Halo says I need game pass to play physical disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo says I need game pass to play physical disk: Okay so I bought halo reach master cheif collection disk from game stop yesterday got home put the disk in waited for it to install the disk data and do the updates, when I launched the game...
  5. Xbox 360 disk data to Xbox 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 disk data to Xbox 1: Have bo3 n disk for the xbox 1 and the xbox 360. However i have seceral DLC zombie maps on the 360 version. The issue comes up when i want to play those DLC on the xbox 1. Can i get the DLC free...
  6. Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted: It recognizes game discs just fine. However, any Blu Ray or DVD that I insert usually gets a few burst of a sort of soft grinding noise, before it settles down and pretends like nothing has been...
  7. My Xbox has stopped playing the disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox has stopped playing the disks: Hi There. Please help. My sons Xbox has stopped playing disks. It just does not register them. When we put the disk in to load it pops up with "if you have this disk, please load it now" "Or...
  8. My xbox has been ejecting the disk when I'm playing the game and turning on by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox has been ejecting the disk when I'm playing the game and turning on by itself: please help my xbox has been turning on by itself and it ejecting the disk while I'm playing! Please help! 02109ef5-2b19-45b1-8448-f8ed26c090dc
  9. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion disk has ring scratch in a really wonky place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion disk has ring scratch in a really wonky place: I tried to load my oblivion disk in my xbox and it said open tray, so i check the disk and it has a ring scratch on it, fair play i say but that ring scratch isnt on the big part but on that...
  10. Xbox one grinding disks after the warranty has expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one grinding disks after the warranty has expired: Reference number from my customer service contact is [Mod Removed]. I need a Microsoft staff member to get this fixed. 082e3fa0-4a80-4e0e-b0ca-f6e0482cfede