Disk Drive going out- Help!

Discus and support Disk Drive going out- Help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My disk drive is going out slowly but surely. I have most of my games installed on my HD, and most play with no issues other than my disk drive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by spitfire18213, May 26, 2014.

1. Disk Drive going out- Help!

Hello,

My disk drive is going out slowly but surely. I have most of my games installed on my HD, and most play with no issues other than my disk drive making a horrible grinding sound.I bought a used (like new no scratches at all on either disk)copy of GTA 5 .
    I cant get GTA 5 to install, as it wont read the disk, so i'm going to sell it as its doing me no good.

My actual question is, if my disk drive were to completely stop reading all disks, would I still be able to play games that I have bought digitally and through games with gold? I'm not going to purchase any more physical copies of games, but I want to make
    sure that I'm not wasting money, as I do not want to buy ANOTHER 360, as I am on #4 right now.

Thanks!

:)

spitfire18213, May 26, 2014
  2. game not working any more

They are correct. Your disk drive is going out for sure.

CAMMofTHRONES, May 26, 2014
  3. Reads DVD but not games?

your disk drive is probably going out or your lazer disk reader. i would check if your warranty is still valid and call customer support

Frankenstien13A, May 26, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there

if the disc drive stops working properly then you should be able to play any digital bought game without any problems.

But if the disc read issues are not solely caused by the disc drive, then this could be a different story

5. WPAK Win User

Hi there

if the disc drive stops working properly then you should be able to play any digital bought game without any problems.

But if the disc read issues are not solely caused by the disc drive, then this could be a different story
  6. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

game not working any more

They are correct. Your disk drive is going out for sure.
  7. njmaag Win User

Black Ops 2 Freezing Issue

check to make sure your disk is not damaged or full of scratches as the zombie part of the game may be on that part if that is the case for the CD. Don't continually click on zombies or anything when going into game, take it slow as Xbox hardware is not
    the fastest of everything. Try installing the game, this would probably help out overall, making the game load easier instead of always running disk drive the work will come from both the disk drive and hard drive.
  8. Knight0fs Win User

Okay now some good feedback for Xbox One :)

Disk drive is nice, no more having to deal with a disk drive popping out.
  9. Frankenstien13A Win User

Reads DVD but not games?

your disk drive is probably going out or your lazer disk reader. i would check if your warranty is still valid and call customer support
Thema:

1. Disk Drive going out- Help! - Similar Threads - Disk Drive going

2. Xbox one disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one disk drive: When i ininservt a disk i hehear a noise like an old conputer booting, a series of short beeps quikly thwn the disk spins then stoos then repeat, any way to fix this?...
  3. Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X: I had an issue with my Xbox One X not being able to read the disk. When the disk was inserted, it made a jet engine sound, and the software did not see a disk. I troubleshooted this problem by...
  4. Error Message for Xbox 1s - "Disk Drive is Not Detected"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Message for Xbox 1s - "Disk Drive is Not Detected": I've tried to get Help from Microsoft but the virtual assistant is in a never-ending loop on a completely different subject. What does this mean? Can we repair it? Has anyone had any experience...
  5. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  6. Xbox One X Disk Drive And Wireless

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Disk Drive And Wireless: Hello Recently my xbox has had real difficulty reading discs and connecting to controllers. i have carried out updates, replaced controller, replaced disc drive and wireless card. But nothing...
  7. Xbox next generation console no disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox next generation console no disk drive: As far as I know, the disc less xbox is happening for real, but I don't know what else they'll be adding to the console. e6de2a9e-6ddb-4cec-894b-d4c9a2d6ba1e
  8. Xbox One disk drive trouble

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One disk drive trouble: So recently, I've been having problems with my Xbox One disk drive. The problems include the eject button not working (Which may be due to the ribbon cable) and it not reading disks. Disks insert...
  9. Xbox one X disk drive HELP !!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X disk drive HELP !!!: i have not used many disks in my one X [most games i have online] but i went to load up a brand new copy of FH4 and it won't load it and i have try all 10 xbox one games and a 4K BR disk and still...
  10. Disk Drive going bad again!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk Drive going bad again!: This is either my 4th or 5th console and its been going well for almost a year now. Every console I've gotten has had the disk drive go bad usually within the first week or two. This one lasted a...