Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X

Discus and support Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had an issue with my Xbox One X not being able to read the disk. When the disk was inserted, it made a jet engine sound, and the software did not see... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dumby_AX, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Dumby_AX
    Dumby_AX Guest

I had an issue with my Xbox One X not being able to read the disk. When the disk was inserted, it made a jet engine sound, and the software did not see a disk. I troubleshooted this problem by inserting the disk once more, then hitting the eject button as
    if I was to remove the disk( leaving the disk halfway out of the disk drive).Then I pressed the eject button again, and suddenly it worked.

Problems I couldn't troubleshoot

1. The Sound

The jet engine noise does not go away after this troubleshoot. It sounds like something is clicking place after the jet engine sound, and before the disk drive reads the disk.

Troubleshooting steps

1. Insert the disk
    2. press the eject button as if you was to remove the disk( leaving the disk halfway out of the disk drive).
    3. Then press the eject button again

I hope this helped Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X ;)

:)

Dumby_AX, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

3. Ultimategamer1 Win User

Have you taken a duster to the Xbox because over time in not well ventilated areas, the console will need to be cleaned and maintained until you find a more optimal place for it. Make sure the console is unplugged and let it dry from the duster particulates,
    I would recommend 2-4 hours to be safe. If its cleaned to your satisfaction give it a try after it dries. Hopefully this helps.
  4. Major Kilowatt Win User

Xbox problem

I would like to ask...

Does the disk drive make a sound when it starts the game?

- Usually when a game is loaded the disk drive will make a mild sound. If it does not it is probably the lens or disk drive.
  5. MadMax1x Win User

MW3 disk read problems

It depends alot on what brand of disk drive has been installed into your console, i have a 4 year old xbox that plays any disks including MW3 and BF3 and other new games. Sounds like you have one of the disk drives that has been affected by the new dashboard
    update maybe or just has trouble reading that disk only. Xbox 360 and 360s consoles do not come with a standard disk drive they seem to use what ever is in stock at the factory so some people have this issue and others don't. I have this problem with my new
    slimline sometimes i have to put in a game or DVD 2 or 3 times but my 4 year old console works everytime no problems.
  6. Nix99-981D62F5-A2F9- Win User

Far cry 3 disc error

If the disk drive makes an increesed buzzing noise (Louder than normal) while the disk is spinning, You may have an unbalanced disk. Which means when it spins up to read the disk will be vibrating inside the drive making it unreadable.

This could also explain why the disk can read some times but not all the time, due to the faster the disk spins the worse the problem will be.
Thema:

1. Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Disk drive having

2. Installed games not showing when offline. Putting a physical game disk in the drive appears...

in XboX Insiders
    Installed games not showing when offline. Putting a physical game disk in the drive appears...: [IMG] submitted by /u/gbdasbutch [link] [comments]
  3. XBox disk drive error 0x91d7000f

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox disk drive error 0x91d7000f: Early to mid October my XBox One S started having disk drive issues. Inserting a Blu-Ray disc will not start the Blu-Ray app. When the app is launched from My Games and Apps the following error...
  4. external hard disk drive on the xbox one s digital edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard disk drive on the xbox one s digital edition: Hi there can you use an external hard disk drive on the Xbox one S digital edition or would my various disk games are now useless now that I've been given the Xbox One S digital edition. Thank...
  5. I have rest my hard disk drive and i loose my savegame how i can load my save ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have rest my hard disk drive and i loose my savegame how i can load my save ?: I have rest my hard disk drive and i loose my savegame how i can load my save ? 7d4eda8f-d3d3-42a4-ac89-d29ae992df76
  6. Cannot install disk 2 of Fallout 3 due to my 360 4B, but I have a 32GB thumb drive......

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install disk 2 of Fallout 3 due to my 360 4B, but I have a 32GB thumb drive......: Tried installing disk 2 of Fallout 3 but says I need a hard drive I have a working 32GB thumb drive, what's the deal? f242783f-59de-4b49-aa69-8d2714b4211f
  7. Im having a major problem, the disk drive is broken and wont read any disks i enter in to the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having a major problem, the disk drive is broken and wont read any disks i enter in to the ...: hi having a problem with the disk drive my xbox one. It will read the game for a couple of minutes then it will just stop and sometimes it wont read some games at all what do i do ?...
  8. Will Scorpio have a disk drive at all - since X1 did not at first?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Scorpio have a disk drive at all - since X1 did not at first?: ^ Tell that to the movie DVD and Blu-Ray section in most stores.. 0e45bc2a-1105-48a0-b636-7b4f7ef0ee09
  9. i have used my disk drive mabe 5 times in 2 years with no prob now it will only load 360 ad ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have used my disk drive mabe 5 times in 2 years with no prob now it will only load 360 ad ...: does any one have same issue im mainly a digital player but one games and bluray make a sound when tryin 2 load work after like 10 trie 1f0b2650-3f61-4e11-be34-34c50391c542
  10. Have to press disk drive eject button to read disks...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have to press disk drive eject button to read disks...: I'm not sure if this is normal operation; however, when I insert a game disk into the console's drive, it gets pulled in but nothing happens. I then have to press the eject button (I hear a few...