Disk has been surprise removed event log warning with greyed out Xvd disk drives in Device...

Discus and support Disk has been surprise removed event log warning with greyed out Xvd disk drives in Device... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I was randomly checking event log and there's a heap of Disk errors in there. Some googling led me to a technet post that matches the weird behavior... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/orestesma, Jan 14, 2022.

1. /u/orestesma
    /u/orestesma Guest

Disk has been surprise removed event log warning with greyed out Xvd disk drives in Device...

I was randomly checking event log and there's a heap of Disk errors in there. Some googling led me to a technet post that matches the weird behavior I'm seeing and attributes it to the Xbox app.

Screenshot

submitted by /u/orestesma
    [link] [comments]

/u/orestesma, Jan 14, 2022
  2. [Farscape] Win User

Wolfenstein Yougblood on Game Pass is not the same as the Steam version

go to device manager then select disk drives, then click view up top menu then show hidden devices, you will see a long list of xvd devices, this also causes an entry in the event viewer about a disk drive being removed unexpectedly (only happens when
    you quit the gamepass game), only a yellow warning, i dug deeper and they were in fact the gamepass games.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

go to device manager then select disk drives, then click view up top menu then show hidden devices, you will see a long list of xvd devices, this also causes an entry in the event viewer about a disk drive being removed unexpectedly (only happens
    when you quit the gamepass game), only a yellow warning, i dug deeper and they were in fact the gamepass games.
    These are those Xbox related 'Xvd' drives. Well, it's what they look like on my PC anyway.

[​IMG]
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Disk 6 Has been Surprised Removed

Hi,

It's not an issue, it's how it's meant to function.

Unless you're having major issues with your PC you shouldn't need to look at event viewer as it will always show system errors even on totally healthy clean OS instalations.

The Game Pass titles use a similar filesystem as their Xbox counterparts which creates temporary VXD drives. These virtual discs shouldn't be using more storage when in use.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

XBOX PC APP game and Defender Ransomware Protected Folders - how to make them coexist?

a lot of the xbox app games use virtual disks, you can see these in device manager as xvd

the xbox app folders are encrypted and if a third party program is messing with that then the games will not start.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

most of the games in pc gamepass are installed as XVD (xbox virtual disks), these can be seen under devices and storage.

they are basically wrapped versions of the console games. except a few like halo mcc.
Thema:

1. Disk has been surprise removed event log warning with greyed out Xvd disk drives in Device... - Similar Threads - Disk has been

2. 0 Unknown Disk error on XBox PC App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0 Unknown Disk error on XBox PC App: Hello, When attempting to install any game on the XBox app for Windows 10 ( latest version as of posting ) I encounter errors in which attempting to install a game will give me the error "()...
  3. pas assez d'espace disque pour flight simulator [Not enough disk space for Flight Simulator...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    pas assez d'espace disque pour flight simulator [Not enough disk space for Flight Simulator...: Bonjour toutes et tous. Je ne peux pas installer les mises jour de Flight simulator. J'ai pourtant un Pc avec 500 Go et quasiment rien d'autre. J'ai tenté de déplacer flight simulator sur un...
  4. my disk has melted a little

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my disk has melted a little: hi, I have had overwatch as a physical disk since the game launch. But recently when I tried to open it the disk didn't work, I checked the disk to see if there was any damage, and to my surprise...
  5. Disk 6 Has been Surprised Removed

in XBoX on Windows
    Disk 6 Has been Surprised Removed: I've had the error "Disk 6 has been surprised removed" filling up my event log for quite some time. I don't have a physical disk #6 but using the PowerShell to get a list of disks I discovered...
  6. Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted: It recognizes game discs just fine. However, any Blu Ray or DVD that I insert usually gets a few burst of a sort of soft grinding noise, before it settles down and pretends like nothing has been...
  7. My Xbox has stopped playing the disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox has stopped playing the disks: Hi There. Please help. My sons Xbox has stopped playing disks. It just does not register them. When we put the disk in to load it pops up with "if you have this disk, please load it now" "Or...
  8. My xbox has been ejecting the disk when I'm playing the game and turning on by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox has been ejecting the disk when I'm playing the game and turning on by itself: please help my xbox has been turning on by itself and it ejecting the disk while I'm playing! Please help! 02109ef5-2b19-45b1-8448-f8ed26c090dc
  9. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion disk has ring scratch in a really wonky place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion disk has ring scratch in a really wonky place: I tried to load my oblivion disk in my xbox and it said open tray, so i check the disk and it has a ring scratch on it, fair play i say but that ring scratch isnt on the big part but on that...
  10. Xbox one grinding disks after the warranty has expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one grinding disks after the warranty has expired: Reference number from my customer service contact is [Mod Removed]. I need a Microsoft staff member to get this fixed. 082e3fa0-4a80-4e0e-b0ca-f6e0482cfede