Display 'artefact' while using auto HDR. Occurs always and only with Auto HDR content.

Discus and support Display 'artefact' while using auto HDR. Occurs always and only with Auto HDR content. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I should start by saying that this ONLY occurs with auto HDR and not any other HDR content leading me to believe it could be on the console side... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MassiveMoose, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Display 'artefact' while using auto HDR. Occurs always and only with Auto HDR content.

I should start by saying that this ONLY occurs with auto HDR and not any other HDR content leading me to believe it could be on the console side potentially.

OneDrive video link: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av416wmp5r911F8bXYyVhsvNtrl4

In the video you can see the strange dark areas which are made more prominent by toggling on the frame rate counter. It does this because the brightness is increased in that zone as a result. This happens on every game that utilizes this.

So can somebody test to see if they have this? If not then, I'll forward a report to my monitor manufacturer. I'm in alpha SA ring but this issue has been there ever since I got my monitor a couple months ago.

I've took this monitor to peak brightness with HDR content and don't get these strange marks/artefacts anywhere else!

submitted by /u/MassiveMoose
    [link] [comments]

/u/MassiveMoose, Sep 27, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

HDR

Hi,

In addition to Arminator's comments, HDR is best set to 'Auto' on your TV/monitor.

Setting it to always on won't look right for SDR content, luminecence and colour will be all wrong on SDR games and video content with HDR forced to on.

With HDR set to Auto, your display will only use HDR when HDR content is detected.
  3. cb42px Win User

HDR not working with BenQ EW277HDR monitor

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, I can confirm I have HDR enabled in the video modes, along with auto-detect. I followed every step of the 4K & HDR troubleshooter on the Help page (even though it's mainly aimed at 4K), and none of the steps proposed worked.

I can also confirm that there is no setting to enable on the monitor, it just auto-detects the signal when it's being output.

Example: when I turn on my PS4, the monitor displays in Standard mode. When I open a game on the PS4 supporting HDR10 (such as Mass Effect Andromeda), the monitor will auto-switch to HDR mode and display that content correctly once the game menu gets displayed.
    Nothing else to do.

On the Xbox One X, whenever I open an HDR game (such as Rise of the Tomb Raider) the monitor continues displaying in Standard mode, and I can't alter the HDR slider in the game's options since the feature is not being picked up. When I check the
    4K details in the Video options, it's displaying that my display is not HDR10 compatible.
  4. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

HDR

Hi JayJoe1,

So there is no difference, you enable HDR on your TV then your console will auto enable it when you play HDR content, otherwise if you play a game or a video that does not support HDR it will not enable HDR. Like Darkist1 said the picture especially in shows
    on Netflix will appear a lot darker, this is the HDR showing more colors, you can try adjust your picture while watching a HDR video to try improve this to your liking.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Setting color depth for he's tv

Select "8-bit" if your 4K display is not capable of HDR. HDR content will be displayed in 8-bit, non-HDR color.

Select "10-bit" if your 4K display is capable of HDR. Non-HDR content will be automatically displayed in 8-bit color.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

No 4K without HDR (xbox one x)

you need hdr for 4k output

Actually, you don't.

Uhd and hdr are required for 4k output

You need UHD, in the sense that you need the TV to support 3840 x 2160 resolution, but you don't need HDR enabled to reach 4K. UHD 4K is the amount of screen resolution available measured in pixels, HDR is the ability of the TV or monitor to display more
    natural colours.

Note that the Xbox One S can do HDR in games that support such a feature, but regardless of what resolution you set, all games max out at 1080P internally. If the display is 4K, it will remain in 4K, but games will only be upscaled. Only the Xbox One X
    can play Enhanced titles in 4K natively.

You should be able to disable HDR, how you disable it depends entirely on your TV. Disabling HDR via the TV settings should not disable 4K screen resolution. Indeed, some Xbox One games do not support HDR, Fallout 4 on the One X can play in 4K for instance,
    but it does not support (or indeed have an option for) HDR.

On my Sony Bravia Android based TV, I had to go to the main settings and enable HDR functionality. Even then, I had to set the HDR setting to 'Auto' on the HDMI port I have my console connected to. If you have HDR set to 'On' all of the time, non HDR games
    will display the wrong colours, look oversaturated. With 'Auto' enabled, HDR will only operate when it detects an HDR supported game. This may not be a feature of your display however.

What make and model is your TV?
Thema:

Display 'artefact' while using auto HDR. Occurs always and only with Auto HDR content.

1. Display 'artefact' while using auto HDR. Occurs always and only with Auto HDR content. - Similar Threads - Display 'artefact' while

2. Xbox not displaying image. not booting up properly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox not displaying image. not booting up properly: Xbox is black screen. Can't find no work around. It turns on, makes the chime but just nothing else. submitted by /u/ARHOOO1 [link] [comments]
  3. How can i provide feedback about games shutting down the Display but still remain...

in XboX Insiders
    How can i provide feedback about games shutting down the Display but still remain...: I tried to play Sable several times and ever after 5-10 minutes in game, the display turns black but i am still able to continue playing, so it seems like the game keeps running, only the...
  4. Xbox one X turning on then off, no display.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X turning on then off, no display.: I had an update last night, then I shut off my xbox, and this morning it wont turn on or even display. Anyone else have a similar issue or know a fix? Ive tried unplugging, holding down power,...
  5. Microsoft Pre-orders not Displaying charge date 10 days prior to release.

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Pre-orders not Displaying charge date 10 days prior to release.: So came across an issue Pre-ordered Diablo 2 Resurrected back in August at that time I thought I was being charged for the game cause you had to pay for it to be in early beta access so I did. Now...
  6. Xbox Display / POS Hire or Purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Display / POS Hire or Purchase: Hi everyone, Does anyone know where to start with finding out if hiring or purchasing display / point of sale equipment is possible? I am involved with an event (not an e-sports event) where we...
  7. Game is not displayed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game is not displayed: Hello, I bought an Xbox One and Forza Horizont 4 online through the store and fully installed it. However, the game doesn't show up in my games so I can't play it. It says in the store that I own...
  8. Weird display and no sound on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird display and no sound on Xbox One S: My display is really shrunk down and I have no sound. It looks like it would fit on an old style tube TV. TV itself is not the problem as everything else is working. Is there a fix? ETA: changing...
  9. MS FS 2020 fails to start, displays message that the program is already running, manifestly...

in XBoX on Windows
    MS FS 2020 fails to start, displays message that the program is already running, manifestly...: This program ran perfectly earlier this year. In mid July I downloaded an obligatory upgrade, but did not use the program. Since then it does not work always stating that the program is running....
  10. My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only.

in XboX Insiders
    My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only.: Why was this not being communicated and i had to learn this from a mod's comment blocking a Question on this issue? submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]