Display discovery

Discus and support Display discovery in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Xbox 360 E, a Hisense 32inch TV and an Optima computer monitor (max resolution 1440x900). I can plug the Xbox into the monitor using a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RILEYinAUS, May 10, 2014.

1. RILEYinAUS
    RILEYinAUS Guest

Display discovery

Hello, I have an Xbox 360 E, a Hisense 32inch TV and an Optima computer monitor (max resolution 1440x900). I can plug the Xbox into the monitor using a belken hdmi to dvi adapter, and I plug the Xbox into my TV using an hdmi cable. My problems that when
    I have display discovery turned on, it lags turning on (about a good 20 or so seconds to even get to the Xbox 360 screen) and then another 20 seconds to get to the dashboard (right after it connects to Xbox live). When I turn off display discovery it boots
    fine and everything runs smooth but my monitor doesn't pick it up. Can you help please?

:)

RILEYinAUS, May 10, 2014
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    no sound on hdmi

Hi, so you get sound with display discovery off but not with display discovery turned on? Display discovery doesn't have to be enabled its just an option. So if your sound and display are ok with display discovery off just leave it off it won't hurt anything.

EggsBoxJuan, May 10, 2014
  3. no dvd audio

Does your console have 'Display Discovery' enabled? Go to the Settings screen > Console Settings > Display > Display Discovery. Enable Display Discovery and try your DVD film again.

Let us know how that went. Thanks.

Obsessive Power, May 10, 2014
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

no sound on hdmi

Hi, so you get sound with display discovery off but not with display discovery turned on? Display discovery doesn't have to be enabled its just an option. So if your sound and display are ok with display discovery off just leave it off it won't hurt anything.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

no dvd audio

Does your console have 'Display Discovery' enabled? Go to the Settings screen > Console Settings > Display > Display Discovery. Enable Display Discovery and try your DVD film again.

Let us know how that went. Thanks.
  6. iRayDawg Win User

HDMI Connection issue.

You will need to hook the console up to the tv that it works on and go to the “Settings Hub” on the dashboard then simply follow the below directions to disable the auto discovery mode.

• Choose System
    • Then Console Settings
    • Display
    • Scroll down to Display Discovery
    • Display Discovery: Turn to Disable
  7. stephanneish Win User

Hdmi picture but no sound problem

I had the same issue, I was able to fix it by enabling the display discovery

these are the steps:

>settings>system>console settings>display>display discovery>enable
  8. ChimpanzeZero6 Win User

No digital sound output on S/PDIF port when playing a dvd

Thanks for the answer. The situation I described corresponds to display discovery enabled. When display discovery is disabled, I have no sound at all when playing dvds.
Thema:

Display discovery

1. Display discovery - Similar Threads - Display discovery

2. Xbox will not display on my Xbox Companion App to stream

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox will not display on my Xbox Companion App to stream: Hi. I cannot stream my Xbox on my laptop using the Companion app. I have used this previously with no issuesm however, I cannot even find my Xbox on my app when i press the connection button. I...
  3. No display after returning to home page

in XBoX on Consoles
    No display after returning to home page: Sometimes when I exit a game on the and it takes me back to the homepage, I have no display. I can hear audio but the screen is blank. Playing a game work fine it's only when I return to home....
  4. TV is capable of 4k 60hz same time but in display setting only showing 4k no hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV is capable of 4k 60hz same time but in display setting only showing 4k no hz: TV is capable of 4k 60hz same time but in display setting only showing 4k no hz 1e6f36b5-859e-4ed4-ab20-e3f06e930d4d
  5. Downloaded game title displays as ''My app title in LANGUAGE''

in XboX Insiders
    Downloaded game title displays as ''My app title in LANGUAGE'': I downloaded the game Colina Legacy but the title says ''My app title in LANGUAGE''. It appears as that everywhere apart from the recently placed home slot. I tried google'n it but there is...
  6. KEYBORD DISPLAY

in XBoX on Consoles
    KEYBORD DISPLAY: WHY IS THER NO ENTER BUTTON FOR ME TO CLICK ON WHEN I TRY TO ENTER MY PASSWORD ON MY EXBOX ONE? Anyone have an answer or a solution on how to fix it? bdba7040-e269-47c3-a9b6-b8047500cf8c
  7. External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.: I hooked up a new SSD to my Xbox One today. The Xbox One X however did not recognize the device. Upon trying everything in the support page for this the final step to restart console completely,...
  8. No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails

in XBoX on Consoles
    No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails: Seven year old setup: "S" console with Kinect and HD DVD external drive. HDMI connected directly to Panasonic Viera P54G25. TosLink to a Sony V333ES receiver. Life was good for seven years....
  9. Xbox 360 - disabled display discovery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - disabled display discovery: Hi. I somehow managed to get in the impossible situation here :( . So this is what happened: I accidentally disable "display discovery" in display settings. So now i cant see nothing on monitor...
  10. Black screen on booting up. (HDMI-to-DVI, Display Discovery)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen on booting up. (HDMI-to-DVI, Display Discovery): Hi everybody, Mr. JP Bostock posted this problem on :28 Aug 2012 2:01 PM: Mr. JP: "Recently bought a HDMI to DVI cable, I loaded my 360 and everything worked fine I started looking at the...