Display Resolution

Discus and support Display Resolution in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I stream games on Mixer it can sometimes be blurry. I was wondering if I should keep the display resolution at 720p or put it at 1080p? Does it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Feth l Charl, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Feth l Charl
    Feth l Charl Guest

Display Resolution

When I stream games on Mixer it can sometimes be blurry.

I was wondering if I should keep the display resolution at 720p or put it at 1080p?

Does it change anything?

:)

Feth l Charl, Aug 1, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Display Resolution

Hey there
    Feth l Charl
    !

Thank you for letting us know that we were able to answer your question. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further
    assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

display resolution

Hi, try resetting the display settings on the Xbox and then go into the display options and try to set things up again.

support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

1.If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

2.On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

3.Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second
    beep occurs.

Note This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go to Settings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.

If that doesn't help then check the TV picture settings aren't set to Zoom or something that may be enlarging the display input.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Display Resolution

Hi Feth l Charl,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with streaming to Mixer. If your stream seems blurry and you are wanting to create a more clear image, be sure to keep your resolution as high possible. 1080p would allow for a more clear stream,
    though it may require more upload speed to keep the stream smooth where as 720p would allow for a smoother stream, the quality of image would be reduced.

I hope this information helps.
  5. Jaymo1978 Win User

display resolution

There's also an option on many modern televisions, called Overscan (names may vary depending on brand.) On newer consoles connected via HDMI, this results in the image being cut off and making parts of the interface outside the viewable area. You will want
    to make sure to turn off any image processing like Overscan, and any options which auto-adjust the display to make it fit, as this often has more negative impact on the image than positive.

If you're interested, the Xbox One has a screen calibration app in the display settings area which is very helpful with more than just color balancing; it also goes through various image procesing settings that you should enable or disable to make the image
    fit and look better!
  6. wafflemonster13 Win User

HDMI

HDMI cables are recommended for resolutions of 720p and higher. How high to set it depends on your display's highest resolution. A way to find this out would be to check the manual or website of the manufacturer. Then to set the resolution that the Xbox
    will broadcast, go to System Settings, then Console Settings, then Display. In Display, go to HDTV settings and select the resolution that matches your display's.
Thema:

Display Resolution

1. Display Resolution - Similar Threads - Display Resolution

2. Xbox one x not displaying on my Samsung tv or my monitor when i start it up. tried...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x not displaying on my Samsung tv or my monitor when i start it up. tried...: I'm in the preview. the..... cutting edge build (preview alpha skip ahead i think its called). Anyway I started my console up and my tv was acting like there was no signal coming through. i tried...
  3. On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...

in XboX Insiders
    On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...: I'm talking about this page: https://imgur.com/a/XwtLPWb In my opinion it should display if the name is taken (and if so, what it will be changed to) on this page. Otherwise, you can hit next and...
  4. win10自带录制xbox显示不工作,错误代码2184327175 [Translation -win10 comes with a recorded xbox display...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    win10自带录制xbox显示不工作,错误代码2184327175 [Translation -win10 comes with a recorded xbox display...: 已经重置过了,全部包含的相关的都修复重置过,前 天都还能用,突然就不行了,这两天也没怎么碰过电脑,望解决下 ---------- [Mod Translation - It has been reset, all related related repairs have been reset, can be used in the past few days, suddenly it...
  5. Xbox auto sign in not working after system update and I got no display monitor At The Moment!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox auto sign in not working after system update and I got no display monitor At The Moment!: I'am usually playing xbox one using the streaming options on pc, with auto sign in, everything works fine; but yesterday, after i'm doing a system update, the autp sign in on xbox does not work...
  6. You can install, but are not displayed

in XboX Insiders
    You can install, but are not displayed: OS Ver 10.0.18362.6056 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1908.190729-1945) I use betaring. After applying the other day's update, loading of "Can be installed" is not complete. If you think it is...
  7. Internet display

in XBoX Accessibility
    Internet display: I have an Xbox360 Im facing 3 problems: when I first got it, I went on the internet and the icons were small/normal now the icons fill up almost the whole tv screen whenever I try to sign in to...
  8. Xbox One S 1080p Display Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S 1080p Display Issue: Hello Everyone, First off, i have 2 x Xbox One S's My first Xbox One S works with zero issues and runs at 1080p on my TV perfectly. I Recently purchased a second Xbox One S because split screen...
  9. Purchasing display bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Purchasing display bug?: Not sure if this is really a bug or not but thought I'd post it anyways. I'm on the Beta Ring of the Insider Program. Last week I redeemed some Microsoft Reward points for Xbox Gift Cards so I...
  10. display resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    display resolution: I don't have an option of changing my display resolution on my screen. Usually it will give you options between 820p or 1080p, but it will not give me that option. I also cannot see the whole left...