Display Resolution

Discus and support Display Resolution in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I stream games on Mixer it can sometimes be blurry. I was wondering if I should keep the display resolution at 720p or put it at 1080p? Does it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Feth l Charl, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Feth l Charl
    Feth l Charl Guest

Display Resolution

When I stream games on Mixer it can sometimes be blurry.

I was wondering if I should keep the display resolution at 720p or put it at 1080p?

Does it change anything?

:)

Feth l Charl, Aug 1, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Display Resolution

Hey there
    Feth l Charl
    !

Thank you for letting us know that we were able to answer your question. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further
    assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

display resolution

Hi, try resetting the display settings on the Xbox and then go into the display options and try to set things up again.

support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

1.If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

2.On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

3.Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second
    beep occurs.

Note This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go to Settings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.

If that doesn't help then check the TV picture settings aren't set to Zoom or something that may be enlarging the display input.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Display Resolution

Hi Feth l Charl,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with streaming to Mixer. If your stream seems blurry and you are wanting to create a more clear image, be sure to keep your resolution as high possible. 1080p would allow for a more clear stream,
    though it may require more upload speed to keep the stream smooth where as 720p would allow for a smoother stream, the quality of image would be reduced.

I hope this information helps.
  5. Jaymo1978 Win User

display resolution

There's also an option on many modern televisions, called Overscan (names may vary depending on brand.) On newer consoles connected via HDMI, this results in the image being cut off and making parts of the interface outside the viewable area. You will want
    to make sure to turn off any image processing like Overscan, and any options which auto-adjust the display to make it fit, as this often has more negative impact on the image than positive.

If you're interested, the Xbox One has a screen calibration app in the display settings area which is very helpful with more than just color balancing; it also goes through various image procesing settings that you should enable or disable to make the image
    fit and look better!
  6. wafflemonster13 Win User

HDMI

HDMI cables are recommended for resolutions of 720p and higher. How high to set it depends on your display's highest resolution. A way to find this out would be to check the manual or website of the manufacturer. Then to set the resolution that the Xbox
    will broadcast, go to System Settings, then Console Settings, then Display. In Display, go to HDTV settings and select the resolution that matches your display's.
Thema:

Display Resolution

1. Display Resolution - Similar Threads - Display Resolution

2. Older dashboard on display with no update being offered for the new one.

in XboX Insiders
    Older dashboard on display with no update being offered for the new one.: Hey guys , I've recently unenrolled from the preview program as I'm changing my Xbox one today but I've noticed that upon installing the current update the dashboard has reverted to the old...
  3. Xbox one has no display on TV only sound.... but then works ok on a pc monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has no display on TV only sound.... but then works ok on a pc monitor: black screen on TV but with sound. just cant see a picture plugged into pc monitor (Displayport - hdmi adaptor) and works fine? nothing changed just powered on this morning...
  4. Xbox One X (home xbox) Will not Display Purchased Games Offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X (home xbox) Will not Display Purchased Games Offline: Hey everyone! I live in Puerto Rico, and e recently had an island-wide power outage that lasted quite a few days. No internet. My Xbox One X is designated as "Home" Xbox. Yet, I was unable to see...
  5. Xbox Wireless Display App - Android phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Wireless Display App - Android phone: Hi When using the Wireless Display app on my Xbox my phone is unable to see the Xbox when attempting to setup screen cast. Same issue on two phones so issue seems to be with Xbox. Any ideas?...
  6. Xbox one s display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s display: I have recently purchased an xbox one s, it was advertised as stuck to 420p I connected it to my tv and it is displaying in 720p but it won't display in 1080p or 4k. When selecting 1080p in xbox...
  7. Flickering Display at All Resolutions XBOX ONE S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flickering Display at All Resolutions XBOX ONE S: I cannot get the video to display on my TV. The only resolution that works is in recovery mode at 640x480. When I use any other resolution the signal cuts in and out, and there is...
  8. Problem displaying in 1080p resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem displaying in 1080p resolution: I've played with my console ans this tv for the past 2 years without any problems, until last week. The screen of my console take half or 2/3 of my tv screen, instead taking all of it. I checked...
  9. Problème affichage en résolution 1080p [Translation - Problem displaying in 1080p resolution]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problème affichage en résolution 1080p [Translation - Problem displaying in 1080p resolution]: Bonjour, Je joue depuis environ 2 ans avec la même Xbox One S et la même TV en 1080p (option par défaut de base) sans avoir de problèmes. Mais lorsque j'ai allumé ma console hier soir pour...
  10. display resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    display resolution: I don't have an option of changing my display resolution on my screen. Usually it will give you options between 820p or 1080p, but it will not give me that option. I also cannot see the whole left...