Displays shutting off on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Displays shutting off on Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I get black screens for a few seconds over and over while playing AC valhalla, CoD black ops, and forza 4. And every once in a while the display just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThomB69, Nov 18, 2020.

1. ThomB69
    ThomB69 Guest

I get black screens for a few seconds over and over while playing AC valhalla, CoD black ops, and forza 4. And every once in a while the display just cuts out during the black screen event. The Xbox stays on, and I have to turn it off and back on again
    to get the display to come back. Ive tried playing with the video settings on the Xbox Series X and my TV settings (LG OLED 55C9PUA) and nothing stops it. Anyone else have this problem? And thoughts on how to resolve it? Should i try to return the Xbox?
    Super disappointing...

:)

ThomB69, Nov 18, 2020
  2. GregTeague2 Win User

Xbox series x. Shuts off

Have u been able to find any info on this? The only thing i found says its over heating do to its surrounds and what not. I know thats not true in my case. Heck its on its own end table.
  3. carmine100 Win User

Xbox series x shutting off

when you send the console back, the warranty on that one gets used and I am pretty sure you get a new one with the replacement system. I might have to send my back as well because everytime it starts up it crashes then it resets itself
  4. DARK LORD ZAR Win User

Xbox series x. Shuts off

Same problem with asassins; gears ; forza
  5. ColeDeSilvey Win User

Account

Maybe Xbox Live is shutting down on the 360 to make way for the series x/series as s?
  6. Nielo TM Win User

Can I please have some advice on this T.V.?

Side Note: Panasonic may shut down or retool the plants that produce the old 1024 x 720 panels (the X series). They may also kill off the low-end UT series. There's no market for it, which leaves ST, GT and VT. ST is likely to be the last to be killed off
    by OLED.
Thema:

1. Displays shutting off on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Displays shutting off

2. Series X display issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X display issues: I do not really know how to explain this issue but, please view the included pictures. This issue started on Sunday, with my Series X. I first noticed it with Call of Duty Cold War after a match...
  3. Xbox Series X: Washed out display when 4K HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X: Washed out display when 4K HDR: I have connected a SX to a Samsung 55RU8000. So every now and then when a HDR game starts the display is washed out. Switching to the dashboard and back to the game solves this and the display...
  4. Black levels washed out when setting dashboard display to 4K on Xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Black levels washed out when setting dashboard display to 4K on Xbox series x: It seems that the blacks and the image in general is washed out and the blacks level is out of space when I set the dashboard resolution at 4K. This also has an effect on games as well. If someone...
  5. Xbox one x not detecting display options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x not detecting display options: Just changed from one s, to one x. Had no problems with displaying hdr10 or dolby vision on the s, but the x won't even give me the option to enable them. Went to display details and the x is...
  6. Display Issue with Series X on One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display Issue with Series X on One X: So I'm running into a problem... Due to Astro royally screwing up the firmware update for the a50 to be used on the Series X (which doesn't support surround sound atm), I thought that a good...
  7. Xbox series x and display port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x and display port: So i have my xbox series x and my benq xl2720b monitor which is capable of 144hz. So i go into settings to enable the 120hz that the xbox can potentioally push. Only to find out it simply wont...
  8. Samsung Q90T - Xbox Series X Display Issue When Running Some Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q90T - Xbox Series X Display Issue When Running Some Games: Screen randomly goes black while playing for example, Gears 5. Tried turning off VRR and dropping to lower resolutions / refresh rates but not having any luck. Anyone else having this issue?...
  9. Flickering Display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flickering Display: Im not sure why my xbox randomly started doing this since i didnt mess with any settings. Ive put it in low resoultion mode and than took it back to 720 but it still flickers. I tried different...
  10. Display help!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display help!!: PLEASE HELP!!! I played this morning and everything was fine. Turned the Xbox on when I got home, now the screen has shifted about 5 inches to the right, the graphics are blurry, and it's super...