[Disscussion theard] Gaming is going all digital in the future. (WAIT!! Hear me out)

Discus and support [Disscussion theard] Gaming is going all digital in the future. (WAIT!! Hear me out) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Before y'all come to any conclusions and start downvoting this... pls hear me out. I, personally love having a physical collection but i dont see any... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/advanced_fruit123, Sep 7, 2021.

1. [Disscussion theard] Gaming is going all digital in the future. (WAIT!! Hear me out)

Before y'all come to any conclusions and start downvoting this... pls hear me out. I, personally love having a physical collection but i dont see any future for it in 10-20yrs... and the advantages that a digital game gives is way more. Console gaming will go all digital in the future the same way how majority of PC gaming is now. Its gonna happen...we like it or not.

And as we all know Xbox had tried to go all digital but the community showed them that it wasnt ready and even now i dont see everyone going digital...bcoz some of us want to keep them babies(discs). But Xbox has decided go digital in a step wise, generation wise manner...with baby steps... one S showed good success and now the series S is showing very good results...and Big phil himself promotes Series S more than X and if u observe...xbox has been encouraging ppl to go all digital by promoting all its advantages which is not wrong and is all the more true. And also its DRM thingy. Dont forget the fact that Microsoft is also a Corporation/MNC like all the others. YES... they are being pro-consumers now after they fed up last gen and under Phil... Xbox has done immensely good for the whole gaming community with gamepass, smart delivery, quick resume,gaming accessories for the physically challenged, etc. I just hope that they stay the same in the future ..not like sy...after having an awesome last gen...shitting on consumers now with their pricey tactics. Yes i know they have the BEST EXCLUSIVES hands down in the industry but u dont need be an a*hole to your consumers with your business tactics.

Okay back to PHYSICAL VS DIGITAL Its gonna get a little lengthy now bcoz i want to put out most of the perspectives towards this debate

How physical discs had been working in the past.? Buy disc -> put disc in console -> play Then, it became... buy disc - put disc in console -> downloads from the disc into console -> play

How game discs works now..? Buy disc -> put in console -> disc acts as an authentication that you own the game -> game downloads from store and obviously you need a active internet connection -> game downloads in console storage -> play game as long as disc is inside console

This is why some say tht "Basically the discs are like plastic coasters" and its true to SOME extent.

Why do ppl prefer physical games? "We like having a physical property of the game" "We FEEL we own the game" "We like having a physical collection of the games" "We can sell the games after playing them so its efficient money wise"

Why many prefer digital games? "We dont want a physical collection" "Discs take up too much space for us" "My games are more portable digitally" "I can use my quick resume features seamlessly" "Its easier for to access all my games at one place" "I dont need to put the dics everytime i need to play a different game" "Its too much convenient"

why many who had a physical collection have opted to go all digital? The above reasons + "I dont own the games completely its just an authentication ticket" "You dont get the same old goodies/maps with most the games you buy; its only a disc nowadays" "If the discs lost/breaks, i lose the game" "I lost some discs due to disc rot and now i have lost the game"

These are all the reasons why ppl have chosen the medium of the games they prefer.

The reasons given by those preferring digital are justified. But as a person who wants a physical collection, i feel jealous and let down seeing the advantages pf the digital format. Ofc i do buy some digital games. But still.. I know for a fact that everything is going to go all digital in the future and we may not even have a physical disc games.

Now, i have a proposition to make for XBOX and to those wanting to have their physical collection. If at all Xbox wants to remove physical drives from all their consoles in the future gen or the next-next gen... pls consider those who want to have a physical collection.

My proposition is... For past disc owners - register your old/new game disc into your console after inserting them. And After your game is registered, you dont need to insert disc everytime you need to play the game.So we dont lose all our games which we had collected all these years ..after consoles go all digital. This registration proccess is a one time only after that your disc is useless. Keep it as ypur collection or do whatever u want with it lol.

For new disc owners - process same as above. Those who wish to buy physically can do the same or buy digitally..your preference.

Thus in this way...digital goers have it all and those with physical copies too get all the perks of a digital game and own a physical copy of the disc as a namesake.

This is one of the ways in which there can be a smooth transition from physical/digital mixed games to all digital.

I only wish this reaches XBOX somehow because they are the only ppl who would listen to the community now compared to other companies.

Yours sincerely, A gamer concerned about his/her games and the community.

Thank you for those reading it till the end.

Do you feel this is a good manifesto?

submitted by /u/advanced_fruit123
    [link] [comments]

/u/advanced_fruit123, Sep 7, 2021
  2. robnyack Win User

Digital Game Resale possibility

This is the last piece of the digital puzzle I've been waiting to hear. Lay this on me, and I'm going full blown digital.
  3. Anglal Win User

idea

sorry this was not to be it was mean sepose to go the the let's mage a make theard sorry
  4. RedEye Expr3ss Win User

Will Scorpio have a disk drive at all - since X1 did not at first?

Flash memory = Cartridge, no big deal to collectors. Realistically ISP's can't and wont support an all digital future any time soon. Call me out if you want but I think the only person with this idea for the big 3 consoles was Phil Spencer on the xb1 up
    until 2013 when common sense took over and he realized that the world won't be ready for this for quite some time. At the end of the day, digital only fans can go digital only any time they want and don't need to wait for the future. I can't imagine how much
    fun it will be downloading a true 4k game in the future, they are only getting bigger.
  5. combatdude819 Win User

Looking for new Clan Members

Clan postes go only in the clan theard Thank you very much
  6. OMG ITS CHRIS17 Win User

In preview Programm but no access to group?

When will I get the preview programme dashboard a registered and been told to wait from support for a preview programme person to reply to my theard but got no reply
Thema:

[Disscussion theard] Gaming is going all digital in the future. (WAIT!! Hear me out)

1. [Disscussion theard] Gaming is going all digital in the future. (WAIT!! Hear me out) - Similar Threads - Disscussion theard Gaming

2. Auto update on games apps not happening

in XboX Insiders
    Auto update on games apps not happening: With all due respect, It's been like this for years and recently seems even worse. Games apps not updating on there own. Everything set right, 1GB connection, yet this is an ongoing issue. Go to...
  3. Question: Does Xbox series X have an open operating system, meaning can Xbox games and Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Does Xbox series X have an open operating system, meaning can Xbox games and Xbox...: I know you can listen to music and run applications such as Spotify simultaneously while playing a game but can the actual application and game share data amongst each other and run cohesively at...
  4. Dashboard, mainly the guide, is extremely sluggish sometimes. Mainly when a game is...

in XboX Insiders
    Dashboard, mainly the guide, is extremely sluggish sometimes. Mainly when a game is...: This wasn't a thing last week. I have already rebooted my console and even unplugged power, but no luck. Navigating the guide while gaming is absolutely terrible. It can be more noticeable...
  5. Xbox game pass feedback ideal hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass feedback ideal hub: Dragon Ball Xenoverse DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 life is strange true colors red wings aces of the sky deadcore lonely mountains downhill through the darkest of times gas guzzlers extreme elden ring...
  6. Troubleshooting Cloud Gaming on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Troubleshooting Cloud Gaming on Xbox Series X: Hello, I just finally got myself an Xbox Series X in a Time where it seems impossible to do so. One of the things I've been waiting to try out is the cloud gaming services. However, when I scroll...
  7. Help with connecting my controller in the app for streaming my game in my phone

in XboX Insiders
    Help with connecting my controller in the app for streaming my game in my phone: Hello everybody, yesterday i was trying to test the connection of my controller to my phone it work I connected my x box one controller to my IPhone11 via Bluetooth but when i tried to play in the...
  8. Linking gaming accounts on windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Linking gaming accounts on windows 10: I play the same gsmes on my xbox console as I do on my pc, but when it comes to steam, I can't access any of my dlc, passes or in game curency, I have linked my account with microsoft and it...
  9. Why is the integrated cloud gaming 100x laggier than playing in ms edge?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the integrated cloud gaming 100x laggier than playing in ms edge?: Ever since new edge came out i've been playing some games on it. They run very well. But if I play on the integrated version, constant artifacts, lines going down the screen, input delay up to 2.5...
  10. Issue with Fallout 4 (XBOX Cloud Gaming)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Fallout 4 (XBOX Cloud Gaming): Hello, I recently launched Fallout 4 and installed some mods from the ingame mod menu. When it went to reload the game and install the mods it crashed and has now been crashing every time I go to...