DLC must be repurchased after switching hard drive to new Xbox

Discus and support DLC must be repurchased after switching hard drive to new Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I first got my Xbox 360, I created a different account from my main one (I foolishly didn't realize I could have made my main account an Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Leon13DM, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Leon13DM
    Leon13DM Guest

When I first got my Xbox 360, I created a different account from my main one (I foolishly didn't realize I could have made my main account an Xbox Live version) and purchased some things on it (Left 4 Dead 2 Level packs, Call of Duty Classic, Portal Still
    Alive, Perfect Dark). Despite purchasing these items on my Different account, I could still use them on my main account.

My first Xbox 360 broke, so I purchased another of the same model and placed my hard drive in it. However, for some reason, I'm no longer able to access the items I purchased on my different account, while using my main account. It wants me to purchase
    them again. I tried logged into my different account and I could install the items, but still couldn't access them on my main account. I used to be able to.

Can someone please help me so I won't have to purchase all this stuff again?

:)

Leon13DM, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Leon13DM Win User

Update: I got it Fixed!

I originally only transferred the license from my main account. However, I transferred the license again for both my main account and my different account. The items were still unavailable, but I deleted and reinstalled them, and now they work!

Thank you so much for your help, regardless. You are much more helpful than Xbox support.
  3. Smwutches Win User

You would need to perform a license transfer on the original account. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/store/download-content

When you purchase content it's tied to the account that purchased it as well as the console it was purchased on. The console license is what allows you to share the content with your other account. The license transfer will move the console license to your
    new console and you should be able to play as normal.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Did you redownload the content after performing the license transfer?
  5. Leon13DM Win User

I forgot to mention that I tried that. I'm hesitant to try it again since I can only do it a limited number of times.
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

Hi Leon13DM

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
Thema:

1. DLC must be repurchased after switching hard drive to new Xbox - Similar Threads - DLC must repurchased

2. oblivion Dlc nowhere to be found

in XBoX Games and Apps
    oblivion Dlc nowhere to be found: hello, so i picked oblivion back up after not playing for a few years, i had everything for the game, all the Dlc, i went to get everything back downloaded and noticed a missing DLC. it was...
  3. Oblivion Wizard's Tower DLC not showing in store on Xbox One and cannot download thru...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oblivion Wizard's Tower DLC not showing in store on Xbox One and cannot download thru...: Title says most of it but Oblivion on Xbox One is pretending like the Wizards Tower DLC doesnt exist. I can see it in the in-game "downloadables" menu but when i try to "download again" it pulls...
  4. Skate 3 DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skate 3 DLC: If I purchase the DLC, Skate and create, for skate 3, and I then go into the xbox 360 guide (in game), go to storage, and clear my skate 3 data, restart skate 3, and start playing again, will i...
  5. The witcher 3 DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The witcher 3 DLC: I downloaded a dlc from the witcher 3, on my xbox one and it doesn't want to appear in the game only one item appeared but the rest didn't, help me please. 0af1e42c-adaf-4628-81fb-3410d9d37530
  6. MK11 Aftermath "Summer Heat Skin Pack" DLC NOT WORKING/DOWNLOADING ON XBOX ONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MK11 Aftermath "Summer Heat Skin Pack" DLC NOT WORKING/DOWNLOADING ON XBOX ONE: I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the game several times to get this DLC, but it's still not working. On the Xbox Marketplace, it says "This content is currently not available", yet...
  7. Lol Rip the DLC section in the new MS Store.

in XboX Insiders
    Lol Rip the DLC section in the new MS Store.: Great new update. So now we cant see any new DLC thats on the store submitted by /u/Apexassassln [link] [comments]
  8. HALO 'CE DLC Required'

in XBoX on Windows
    HALO 'CE DLC Required': [img] I installed Halo MCC, tried to load it up, which it did fine, but when i tried to start a campaign, it gave me the error message "HALO: CE DLC Required". I then went to the Microsoft store...
  9. DAYZ Livonia DLC

in XBoX on Consoles
    DAYZ Livonia DLC: I turned on my Xbox one this morning and loaded up Dayz. Went to the Livonia server that i have been playing on and for some reason it is asking me to buy the DLC again. But on the buy paid it...
  10. Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy: [img] Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy I want to know how to the free dlc for my disc copy with out having to spend more money for a game I already payed for...