DLC must be repurchased after switching hard drive to new Xbox

Discus and support DLC must be repurchased after switching hard drive to new Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I first got my Xbox 360, I created a different account from my main one (I foolishly didn't realize I could have made my main account an Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Leon13DM, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Leon13DM
    Leon13DM Guest

When I first got my Xbox 360, I created a different account from my main one (I foolishly didn't realize I could have made my main account an Xbox Live version) and purchased some things on it (Left 4 Dead 2 Level packs, Call of Duty Classic, Portal Still
    Alive, Perfect Dark). Despite purchasing these items on my Different account, I could still use them on my main account.

My first Xbox 360 broke, so I purchased another of the same model and placed my hard drive in it. However, for some reason, I'm no longer able to access the items I purchased on my different account, while using my main account. It wants me to purchase
    them again. I tried logged into my different account and I could install the items, but still couldn't access them on my main account. I used to be able to.

Can someone please help me so I won't have to purchase all this stuff again?

:)

Leon13DM, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Leon13DM Win User

Update: I got it Fixed!

I originally only transferred the license from my main account. However, I transferred the license again for both my main account and my different account. The items were still unavailable, but I deleted and reinstalled them, and now they work!

Thank you so much for your help, regardless. You are much more helpful than Xbox support.
  3. Smwutches Win User

You would need to perform a license transfer on the original account. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/store/download-content

When you purchase content it's tied to the account that purchased it as well as the console it was purchased on. The console license is what allows you to share the content with your other account. The license transfer will move the console license to your
    new console and you should be able to play as normal.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Did you redownload the content after performing the license transfer?
  5. Leon13DM Win User

I forgot to mention that I tried that. I'm hesitant to try it again since I can only do it a limited number of times.
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

Hi Leon13DM

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
Thema:

1. DLC must be repurchased after switching hard drive to new Xbox - Similar Threads - DLC must repurchased

2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare ‘Missing’ DLC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare ‘Missing’ DLC: I purchased a ‘disk’ copy of COD: Modern Warfare and have installed all content required in order to play the game. However, when I try to access any of the modes on the front page, it is stating...
  3. Call of duty modern warfare does not recognize game disc and often doesn’t see my DLC add...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty modern warfare does not recognize game disc and often doesn’t see my DLC add...: I bought the Walmart version game disc and am having issues everyday. Sometimes it does not recognize the multiplayer pack is installed and other times it does not recognize that the disc is in...
  4. Fallout 3 DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3 DLC: I’ve gotten back into Fallout 3 and went to purchase the DLCs in the XboxOne marketplace app only to find Operation: Anchorage, Mothership Zeta and Broken Steel, but not Point Lookout or The Pitt....
  5. DLC won't appear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC won't appear: I have just bought multiple DLC's for Fallout New Vegas on my xbox one, which are all working but one, honest hearts to be exact. I have attempted everything from uninstalling the game itself to...
  6. DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC: i buy DLC for game (car mechanic sym) and i cant install it. Cant find it in order history. Cash from my acc bank have been taken. Any advise? 2c08556b-f1aa-438b-af05-eb05dca69c79
  7. Cannot install two tiny bits of DLC, 'Installation Stopped' for over two weeks.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install two tiny bits of DLC, 'Installation Stopped' for over two weeks.: Hi all, as above. Trying to play the Witcher 3 (I have a digital copy) and there are two bits of DLC that keep getting 'installation stopped'. I have tried; installing on both internal and...
  8. Operation Flashpoint: Red River Valley of Death DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Operation Flashpoint: Red River Valley of Death DLC: Hi, I'm looking for a digital download for Operation Flashpoint: Red River Valley of Death DLC. I know the game's old but always enjoyed it and never got the chance to play the DLC content....
  9. For a moment I though It was the "DLC ready to install" feature... then I realized it was...

in XboX Insiders
    For a moment I though It was the "DLC ready to install" feature... then I realized it was...: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  10. Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy: [img] Free dlc says I must own the game to download when I have disc copy I want to know how to the free dlc for my disc copy with out having to spend more money for a game I already payed for...