DLNA Broken?

Discus and support DLNA Broken? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was upset by the missing native media player, like everyone else, but eventually found out about the Skifta app, and was up and running as easy as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AssassinsEyez, Mar 17, 2014.

1. DLNA Broken?

I was upset by the missing native media player, like everyone else, but eventually found out about the Skifta app, and was up and running as easy as pie. Then, with absolutely no change that I am aware of, Skifta stopped being able to see the Xbox One as
    a "player". I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skifta, as well as the XBone video player, with no luck. I feel like have tried everything 10 times, and restarted everything twice that amount. I'm at a complete loss, and what makes it more confusing is that
    nothing has changed. Unless there was an update I missed that broke something, but I have yet to find anyone having a similar issue.

Also, I have double checked all settings ie. making sure PlayTo Streaming is enabled. I have also tried finding it while it was on the XBone video player, as well as starting the video player and going back to the dashboard. I'm not sure if it matter but
    I am using Plex as my server from Linux Mint 16. The server is up and running, and I can see it is running from the Plex server web app, as well as from Skifta. I just can't seem to see the XBone as a media player anymore.

I would also like to add that I have tried several other DLNA streaming controllers, with no luck.

Has anybody else had this issue, or does anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

Thanks for any and all support, and I apologize if this is the wrong forum, it seemed like the best candidate.

:)

AssassinsEyez, Mar 17, 2014
  2. Elompenta
    Elompenta Guest
    DLNA Client for Xbox One

DLNA is the Key Feature of a living-room device!

Please add DLNA support

Elompenta, Mar 17, 2014
  3. Xbox One and my PC

In the future use Xbox Video. DLNA Play To is all we have, DLNA Fullis coming soon.

A Virtual Duck, Mar 17, 2014
  4. DLNA Broken?

Well, powering down and unplugging for 30 seconds seemed to fix it.

So, if you run into this problem, power down the Xbox One and unplug it for 30 seconds. Reboot and enjoy!

AssassinsEyez, Mar 17, 2014
  5. Elompenta Win User

DLNA Client for Xbox One

Please add DLNA support
  6. A Virtual Duck Win User

Xbox One and my PC

In the future use Xbox Video. DLNA Play To is all we have, DLNA Fullis coming soon.
  7. soylentgreen66 Win User

DLNA

You can use a mobile app called skifta as a DLNA controller between your DLNA server and Xbox One.
  8. Elompenta Win User

DLNA Client for Xbox One

Big No-GO fort Xbox one.

Please add DLNA support
  9. Mike Therien Win User

DirecTv Integration Woes

I could not find any DLNA features in Xbox One. I have a DLNA server but could not find any way to access it.
Thema:

DLNA Broken?

1. DLNA Broken? - Similar Threads - DLNA Broken

2. Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]: Bonjour, Depuis la suppression du service One Drive sur Groove Musique, je cherche des solution pour optimiser l'écoute de ma musique sur XBOX. Solution 1 : J'ai activé le DLNA et j'utilise...
  3. LG 42PG20D: DLNA works badly

in XBoX TV Hardware
    LG 42PG20D: DLNA works badly: LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: DLNA works badly Don't use DLNA. Use Kodi from Xbox app store, setup NFS shares on the QNAP (see Kodi NFS wiki). Add NFS shared folder to Kodi and it will play content...
  4. DLNA Discovery in Media Player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLNA Discovery in Media Player: I have been having an issue since I purchased my xbox one s that it will take a long time to discover a local DLNA source. My windows 10 PC recognizes it right away as well as my ROKU and other...
  5. DLNA

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLNA: DLNA is not working again on Xbox one and have just wasted over an hour checking settings on phone trying to play a tune through Xbox. Also really disappointed with the new home page. Has made it...
  6. DLNA PlayTo (aka casting) is back for Groove on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLNA PlayTo (aka casting) is back for Groove on Xbox One: Hey everyone, we're excited to let you know that DLNA PlayTo (aka casting) is back for Groove Music on Xbox One. See more and discuss here:...
  7. Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff): Having a probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in my local network. Any other device in my local...
  8. XBOX One S DLNA Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S DLNA Problems: My XBOX One S and original XBOX One are able to detect the DLNA Server that is hooked up to my router, but it does not find any of the files. I do not know when this problem came about because I...
  9. Custom Gamerpic via DLNA/OneDrive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Gamerpic via DLNA/OneDrive: I am in the Preview Alpha ring and It has just been brought to my attention that custom gamerpics are available, So I decided to try and upload my own via One Drive and Media player via DLNA. The...
  10. DLNA + Skifta Broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    DLNA + Skifta Broken?: I was up by the missing native media player, but eventually found out about the Skifta app, and was up and running as easy as pie. Then, with absolutely no change that I am aware of, Skifta...