DNS unable to resolve xbox server names

Discus and support DNS unable to resolve xbox server names in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i was online today without any problems only to come home unable to connect to xbox live from my One. My 360connects fine but when i try and check... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chuunch, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Chuunch
    Chuunch Guest

So i was online today without any problems only to come home unable to connect to xbox live from my One. My 360connects fine but when i try and check my connection status i get the above error code. I have tried cycling my console after resetting my router
    with no success. every other device i use is connecting to the internet fine. Please help

:)

Chuunch, Mar 31, 2015
  2. LiquidMotion
    LiquidMotion Guest
    DNS Error - Your manually configured DNS settings may not be correct

Ive tried that. It gives me the dns server cant resolve xbox live server names error

LiquidMotion, Mar 31, 2015
  3. iStr8xLegit
    iStr8xLegit Guest
    Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"

iStr8xLegit, Mar 31, 2015
  4. DNS unable to resolve xbox server names

Hello Chuunch

Could you try the steps on the following page ?
    support.xbox.com/.../network-connection-error-solution

Just scroll down and click on "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names"

One of the steps in the troubleshooting guide is to create a manual DNS, if the DNS shown there doesn't work you can try either

GoogleDNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

or OpenDNS:208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

FearedNightmare, Apr 2, 2015
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

Hello Chuunch

Could you try the steps on the following page ?
    support.xbox.com/.../network-connection-error-solution

Just scroll down and click on "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names"

One of the steps in the troubleshooting guide is to create a manual DNS, if the DNS shown there doesn't work you can try either

GoogleDNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

or OpenDNS:208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
  6. iStr8xLegit Win User

Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"
  7. LucasChalk Win User

Dns is not resolving xbox server names

I have contacted my internet service provider and gadget rescue but they couldn't help
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello LucasChalk,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is getting a DNS error at random times. We have a support article that provides troubleshooting for

the DNS error message on Xbox One
    . This issue is related to the console's ability to connect to your home network. This error message is generally not seen in DDoS attacks. We recommend trying some of the troubleshooting steps in the article we provided.
    Be sure to let us know the results LucasChalk!
  9. StoRmL0V3sVyRus Win User

Hello , have you contacted anyone about thia?
Thema:

1. DNS unable to resolve xbox server names - Similar Threads - DNS unable resolve

2. Dns settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dns settings.: I live in ny. port not sayin 3074. dns is 8888 8844. any advice 2e48e9a9-9dab-457d-9aa3-c60b25310079
  3. Dns settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dns settings: I live in ny. Dns numbers now are. 8888. 8844. any better numbers here to put. i feel 2 seconds behind in multiplayer. anythin would help. Or any other solution...
  4. Xbox isn’t resolving DNS server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox isn’t resolving DNS server names: Ok, so without loosing internet connection my xbox homescreened me saying i wasnt logged into xbox live anymore, and for the past WEEK i have been unable to log in and use the gold time i have...
  5. : Xbox 360 DNS Server Problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox 360 DNS Server Problem: : Xbox 360 DNS Server Problem Hello everyone, i resently bought a second hand Xbox 360 slim and it wont connect to the internet. It always shows the message " DNS server cant resolve XBOX live...
  6. Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error: My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live. We have tried almost all solutions, and the router works just fine. Every time we sign in, it gives us this error: Your console can't connect to Xbox Live....
  7. Dns is not resolving xbox server names

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dns is not resolving xbox server names: Hi every so often my xbox just disconnects from internet and when i try to reconnect i get the error dns is not resolving xbox server names. Then just randomly starts working again at some point....
  8. DNS is not connecting!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS is not connecting!?!?!: For the past month since, February 7th 2020, everytime I try to connect to xbox live to play bo4 and fallout, the Xbox disconnects everytime the network goes off and says that my dns isnt...
  9. Primary DNS Code Unable to change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Primary DNS Code Unable to change: My primary DNS code is fdf7:ccd:b569:0:c23e:fff:fe22:b618 and I can't change it nor access any online features however when I test network connection and multiplayer connection it says everything...
  10. Unable to change my DNS.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to change my DNS.: I recently contacted Rockstar games to try and get my connectivity to GTA5 to work, because for some reason I am unable to connect to other players online and it's only this game. When I contacted...