Do devs test anything before a release?

Discus and support Do devs test anything before a release? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Kinda getting tired of finding simple bugs that just shouldn't happen.. Msgs not updating as being read is a new one.. Is there any inhouse testing... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Just_Murf, Feb 4, 2020.

1. /u/Just_Murf
    /u/Just_Murf Guest

Kinda getting tired of finding simple bugs that just shouldn't happen..

Msgs not updating as being read is a new one..

Is there any inhouse testing before release or are you just changing stuff and 'fingers crossed' nothing breaks and relying on the community to tell you its fuked up..

Love insiders but its now becoming a second job to point out where your breaking shit without actually testing anything...

Its just seems to be getting worse.. sadly

submitted by /u/Just_Murf
    [link] [comments]

/u/Just_Murf, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Tempestium Win User

Games with broken achievements

It's very annoying I do agree but punishing devs is a bit harsh too. Maybe Microsoft should ensure developers do better testing before releasing content.
  3. Edgardo-Sanchez Win User

Whoever tested this game!

Why?, you just paid $64 to test the game for them...

On serious note, yes thats a common thing for Devs to do nowadays , inproper testing before releasing thus rushing the game, but dont worry theres already a DLC, for that they are really good...
  4. Burst Axe Win User

The Witness/Braid Dev says the next xbox is not strictly focused on games.

But its a biased choice because you don't know what MS is doing. Sony fell off in one generation so its not like drastic changes don't happen. Also devs (like this Witness Dev) even said they don't officially know anything about the NextBox or what MS is
    gonna do so they are in the same boat as most of us.

-

Saying you are going with PS4 before MS even shows anything looks more like company loyalty or following then anything previously mentioned.
  5. Octomom Win User

Lag compensation fix

Maybe on FIOS QOS does something but on most routers it doesn't actually do anything. Plenty of tests before and after prove it.
  6. T0MB Guard Win User

Party chat broke since update today

Same here... do you all not test anything before pushing it out? PS4 is going to own you all if you keep this up.
Thema:

1. Do devs test anything before a release? - Similar Threads - devs test anything

2. 19h1-release-xbox-dev-20022Ø219-1515) seems to be a dev version , I never signed up for this

in XBoX on Consoles
    19h1-release-xbox-dev-20022Ø219-1515) seems to be a dev version , I never signed up for this: My Xbox , keeps freezing and locking up , does it after a couple of days and I need to do a fully factory reset to get back working , really annoying. The one thing I have noticed is that I am on...
  3. DEV Error 6317 not a publisher issue *UPDATE*

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DEV Error 6317 not a publisher issue *UPDATE*: So this is an update from a previous post by Lboogie2332. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-dev-error-6317/e8cd7f3a-1e72-4b4a-8e6f-58079d40b636...
  4. Xbox One Dev Mode publishing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Dev Mode publishing: Hello! I want to use Xbox One Dev Mode on my Xbox One S but programming and Game Dev is just a hobby to me. Can I use Dev Mode and create my own projects without publishing them, keeping them only...
  5. dev error 6036

in XBoX Games and Apps
    dev error 6036: i have a dev error 6036 on call of duty modern warfear 2019?how to fixet? 23f68d2b-bdd8-499a-a1e6-fc0c0911b964
  6. Can someone from the dev team please have a look at the xbox 360 marketplace 404 error?...

in XboX Insiders
    Can someone from the dev team please have a look at the xbox 360 marketplace 404 error?...: First, I would like to apologize if this is somewhat off-topic, but I feel like I have nowhere else to turn to. Now, for the actual problem. If I were to describe it shortly, I would say...
  7. Games/Dev Mode Help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Games/Dev Mode Help: Hello! recently i went and changed my gamertag just for the sake of doing so. However, i noticed that when i did that, i lost access to some saves of my games, and now i can’t seem to add my...
  8. Counter Attack beta crashing and intro dev logo display issues

in XboX Insiders
    Counter Attack beta crashing and intro dev logo display issues: The opening dev logo animation is not displaying in full screen with a static effect surrounding it. Also have had multiple crashes when attempting to play either single player or multiplayer I've...
  9. [Xbox One OS Omega Ring] Dev Home icon is missing while in Dev Mode, can't exit Dev Mode....

in XboX Insiders
    [Xbox One OS Omega Ring] Dev Home icon is missing while in Dev Mode, can't exit Dev Mode....: tl;dr read the title Hi, So I was happy to find out that the bug I had in Dev Mode is fixed in the Omega Ring version of the console's system software, but now I have this other issue. I need a...
  10. Apparently the devs tested text chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apparently the devs tested text chat?: ZOS_Sage (Creative Director): ”Text chat wasn’t added to the consoles because of a number of factors. First, many of our early tests demonstrated what we already knew: it can be cumbersome to...