Do I have to install game to xbox before I can play it on my phone via streaming/remote play?

Discus and support Do I have to install game to xbox before I can play it on my phone via streaming/remote play? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm wanting to play the xbox on my phone with a razor kishi, the game I want to play isn't on cloud but requires the disk to be in the console in order... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Coast_Legal, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Do I have to install game to xbox before I can play it on my phone via streaming/remote play?

I'm wanting to play the xbox on my phone with a razor kishi, the game I want to play isn't on cloud but requires the disk to be in the console in order for me to play it.. The console is switched on and the game I want to play is currently paused on my console and I'm in the same house as the xbox as well but it doesn't seem to be working.. Can anyone please help

submitted by /u/Coast_Legal
    [link] [comments]

/u/Coast_Legal, Nov 24, 2020
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Dudas de stream por twich

Hi There,

Yes this is possible, I stream like this all the time.

There are two ways to do this first is if you bought an external capture device.

Second way is how I do it, you can use the Xbox Companion app on your PC to remote play your Xbox, then use a streaming app on your pc to stream the Xbox Companion app. Just note that you may want to join party chats via the Xbox companion app instead of
    on your console and also continue to play via controller on your Xbox to not experience delays playing via the pc app.
  3. AridLizard Win User

How do I share the games data across LAN. Xbox One X to Xbox One.

if you want to play on the Xbox you would probably need to install the game(s) on the Xbox in your office.

you might be able to use Network Transfer to copy the data across.

go to Settings > System > Backup & Transfer.

or, if you have a PC or laptop, you could sign in to the Xbox Companion app on the PC, connect to the Xbox and stream the game that way.

it might be possible to play remotely by streaming the game on Mixer and using remote play but that can have a fair bit of lag as it goes through Mixer's servers
  4. Mike Griswold Win User

Media Center LIVE TV support?

sirtwist99 - I followed your guidance and now I can watch live TV via voice control. Recorded TV will probably have to be done via remote, but I can handle that since it was all via remote before.
  5. pinkpanda1204 Win User

Xbox fitness remote control doesn't work

Does anybody else have games that just don't support navigation using the Xbox Remote Control? I can only control it with the Xbox Controller or my hand via Kinect. Seems silly that the Remote Control wouldn't do the job!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

pc not showing only console

The link below has the instructions for setting up and the conditions required to do remote installs onboth PC and Xbox. Would be worth checking you have it all set up correctly.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/my-games-apps/install-games-remotely-on-xbox-one
    They're not trying to install on an Xbox One, they are trying to install on a PC, not via a PC. Which is the reason why I asked what game it was.

Why do so many people on these forums not realise that 'Xbox' is not all about just the console anymore?
Thema:

Do I have to install game to xbox before I can play it on my phone via streaming/remote play?

1. Do I have to install game to xbox before I can play it on my phone via streaming/remote play? - Similar Threads - install game before

2. Xbox Series X can’t install games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can’t install games: Hello, I have games currently installed on my xbox series X however when i go to install any new games i am getting the error below (example) Clear some space on internal. Mass Effect andromeda...
  3. 0x80070005 install ERROR on Game Pass for PC "Something unexpected happened"?

in XBoX on Windows
    0x80070005 install ERROR on Game Pass for PC "Something unexpected happened"?: Hi all. Getting this error 0x80070005 on game pass- but only for certain games (this error is installing Injustice 2, but also some other games). The error "Something unexpected happened"...
  4. Xbox One asks for update before game installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One asks for update before game installation: Hi community, I recently purchased the remastered copy of Destroy all Humans. When I went to install, my Xbox one insisted it needed an update before installation. I do not have internet at the...
  5. All my games and apps are saying need to finish installing or show “ready to start” before...

in XboX Insiders
    All my games and apps are saying need to finish installing or show “ready to start” before...: submitted by /u/elite501st [link] [comments]
  6. Can I play installed disk game without inserting it again before play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play installed disk game without inserting it again before play?: I have installed NFS in my consol and every time I want to play I need to insert the disk. Is there a way to backup a copy/ install a full version, so that I do not have to insert disk every...
  7. Installing hasnt been possible for the games I had installed before, more explained below

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing hasnt been possible for the games I had installed before, more explained below: Yesterday I was trying to play BO3, when I inserted the disc it seems as it wasnt Reading it despite being in good conditions, it recommended me to unistall it and install it again, however, the...
  8. Is it possible to download a game update before buying/ installing a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to download a game update before buying/ installing a game?: i miss the days of bringing home a new video game and just being able to sit down and play it right after I open it for the first time. Installing the game can be a bit frustrating, but having to...
  9. Installing Games Before Playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing Games Before Playing: Is there any info on either Microsoft allowing us to use external hard drives to store our games because my hard drive is almost full since they make us install the games now before we can play...
  10. Updating before installing games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updating before installing games?: Hello, I recently purchased Dishonored 2 for the Xbox One. Upon trying to install said game, the Xbox told me to go online and update it before playing. Now, I think Dishonored 2 is an offline,...