Do I have to re-download all content after license transfer?

Discus and support Do I have to re-download all content after license transfer? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I transferred my licenses to my new console, it told me that the service had registered the transfer but that for the transfer to work on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dansrage, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Dansrage
    Dansrage Guest

So I transferred my licenses to my new console, it told me that the service had registered the transfer but that for the transfer to work on the console, I would have to re-download my content. I have 110Gb of games and DLC, and I'm on a 250kb/s connection,
    do I really have to do that? Is there no other way to enable offline play for this content?

:)

Dansrage, Jun 12, 2014
  2. jawest78
    jawest78 Guest
    Hello, question about content I have downloaded and Tranfered licences of. Do I have to re-download all content after license transfer? :)

After doing the license transfer, you need to re-download all of the content in order to refresh the licenses to your new console. If the content is already on your hard drive, then the download will go really fast as it will only download the updated licenses.

jawest78, Jun 12, 2014
  3. Danno McK.
    Danno McK. Guest
    On Demand Purchases (Fallout 3 / Trivial Pursuit)

[quote user="BasicConduct"]No since they were already on my console. I mean it shows up perfectly in my Download History[/quote]

"Re-downloading" is part of the License Transfer. Until you re-download, you have not updated the licenses for your content. If the content is already on your console, "re-downloading" really just re-licenses it (and it is very quick).

This is mentioned in the instructions:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...cid=furl_drm#4b50c4fcf17a4243bfcd2554755936d0

• Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.

Danno McK., Jun 12, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Yes. However, start with only a game or two that are already installed on your HDD: do not delete them first, but go to your purchase history, find them, and hit 'download' and it should only download a licence (approximate sizes a couple hundred KB). That
    licence is the only thing that needs updating, and once you have that you will be able to play them offline.

maxen, Jun 12, 2014
  5. jawest78 Win User

Hello, question about content I have downloaded and Tranfered licences of. :)

After doing the license transfer, you need to re-download all of the content in order to refresh the licenses to your new console. If the content is already on your hard drive, then the download will go really fast as it will only download the updated licenses.
  6. maxen Win User

Yes. However, start with only a game or two that are already installed on your HDD: do not delete them first, but go to your purchase history, find them, and hit 'download' and it should only download a licence (approximate sizes a couple hundred KB). That
    licence is the only thing that needs updating, and once you have that you will be able to play them offline.
  7. Danno McK. Win User

On Demand Purchases (Fallout 3 / Trivial Pursuit)

[quote user="BasicConduct"]No since they were already on my console. I mean it shows up perfectly in my Download History[/quote]

"Re-downloading" is part of the License Transfer. Until you re-download, you have not updated the licenses for your content. If the content is already on your console, "re-downloading" really just re-licenses it (and it is very quick).

This is mentioned in the instructions:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...cid=furl_drm#4b50c4fcf17a4243bfcd2554755936d0

• Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.
  8. Danno McK. Win User

License Transfer of all DLC

[quote user="Agoat944"]If you use the same hard drive between consoles, you won't have to download your DLC again.[/quote]

That's wrong. Even if you have the content stored locally (either because you re-used your HDD, or you moved your files to the new storage device), you still must "re-download' all your content after the License Transfer to actually complete the re-licensing
    of your content. The new download is really fast because it only downloads the license, it doesn't re-copy all the bytes of stuff you already have stored.
  9. Lil Lisa W Win User

Transfer content license problem

ok so i see what i did I downloaded alll my previous content before i did the transfer license so in retrospect i have to re download it again once the license is transferred/

Ok i see what happened. Ty so much for your help. I had previously downloaded all the content before i transferred the license that caused the issue now it works after re downloading it :)

so ty very much
Thema:

1. Do I have to re-download all content after license transfer? - Similar Threads - download content license

2. downloadable content state of decay2

in XBoX on Consoles
    downloadable content state of decay2: i lost dlc on state of decay 2 after console reset i listened to someone and it screwed me how do i get it back ***Moved from: Windows 10 / Microsoft Store*** 36fc2705-0286-4aed-b05b-8f990a226ea2
  3. No puedo descargar ningun tipo de contenido [Mod Translation-I can't download any content]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No puedo descargar ningun tipo de contenido [Mod Translation-I can't download any content]: Hola e estado entrando a la store de xbox y tengo dias sin poder descargar aalgun tipo de contenido y pues mee dice que todos los servicios estan normales pero ni a si puedodescargar y mucho menos...
  4. Season Pass purchased, but not allowing me to download content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Season Pass purchased, but not allowing me to download content: Hello, I purchased the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 season pass when the game released. It worked fine, but now that I try to play the DLC on the xbox one, I am unable to download them. It says I...
  5. Why have downloadable content, for when xbox services are limited. You cannot use the content.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have downloadable content, for when xbox services are limited. You cannot use the content.: I have gone through and purchased a online game instead of the disc. Thinking this would be easier than making the drive to gamestop. But, What i have notice is that you can't access the game when...
  6. Downloaded content

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloaded content: I perchaced the 25 gold bars special. It says to download it. i dont know where to download it from. 41913fe7-87bb-4fa7-8c68-d2fd3a2223c5
  7. Many of my Xbox 360 game downloads are showing up as content not available, WHAT GIVES?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Many of my Xbox 360 game downloads are showing up as content not available, WHAT GIVES?: Many of my Xbox 360 game downloads are showing up as content not available. The game Driver San Francisco shows up as I can purchase -1 makes no sense I purchased it before I paid for the game...
  8. Purchased content not available to download on XBOX *SOLVED*

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased content not available to download on XBOX *SOLVED*: I had purchased Fortnite Standard Founders Pack ($39.99) through the Microsoft store, last year. It was installed on my son's xbox, all went fine and well. Fast forward some time and he got a new...
  9. Help with downloadable content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with downloadable content: I bought Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 Season pass on a different account which I do not have access to anymore I can play all of the DLC maps on my Xbox 360 however I cannot play any of the DLC maps...
  10. 4K enhanced content not downloading

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K enhanced content not downloading: I'm switching from Xbox One to Xbox One X in a week so i wanted to get ahead and download the 4K content so once i get the X, i will be ready to go. I did tick the box to download 4K content, i...