Do I need a one s

Discus and support Do I need a one s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi i dont normally get time to play games because i am away with work, but seeing as i am in lockdown and dont have work for atleast 2 months i thought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LxHowler, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:42 AM.

1. LxHowler
    LxHowler Guest

Do I need a one s

Hi i dont normally get time to play games because i am away with work, but seeing as i am in lockdown and dont have work for atleast 2 months i thought i might buy an xbox. I was considering buying a xbox one used rather than a one s due to the price and
    when i go back to work i wont wo using it again. Is there any major reason to spend the extra on a one s.

I am looking to play forza and call of duty. I dont have a 4k tv

Thanks

:)

2. TUFKobac Win User

Do I need a one s

I would buy a one x if you already making the expense.
  3. pawncrackers Win User

Do I need a one s

I would recommend the S, as it has upgraded, energy efficient internal parts and a longer lifespan, compared to the original Xbox One. If you have the spare pennies, go for the One X, or if you are lucky, the upcoming Series X. They have their perks and
    I recommend researching online yourself, to see if it's the right choice.

I own the white Sunset Overdrive console. :) Modern games make the internal fan spin up like crazy, and the RAM doesn't dump fast enough, when you close/switch between games (and sometimes apps). It takes a full shut down to calm the system down to a pace
    where I'm comfortable using it.

If, you at any point, want to play X1 Kinect games, the original console would also be the one to go for. Manufacturing of the Kinect adapters for the newer models,

was discontinued in 2017
    , and prices for them are hugely inflated by the second hand market.

Hope this helps,

L
  4. Korhog Win User

Do I need a one s

Have not matter, have you 4k tv or not, on the xbox one x games looks and plays better
  5. K4tsuj1 Win User

Do I need a one s

I think you will not save too much money buying an original one and getting a S, even if you do not have a 4k tv you will have a better performance for loading times, e.g.
  6. pjameleven Win User

Do I need a one s

For what it's worth, I have a One S and I love it. I work full time too and have a spouse and kids so I don't get to game as much as some of my fellow ambassadors do, but I'd still recommend the One S over the used Xbox. Mine has run great, has held up to
    everyone in my family using it for hours at a time, it's quite and it has become our default media player with the ability to play 4k blue rays.

Obviously, please go with what you can afford - but if you are able to swing it I'd recommend the One S. But if you go with a used Xbox it should still work great!

I hope that helps, enjoy COD and Forza!
Thema:

Do I need a one s

1. Do I need a one s - Similar Threads - need

2. Need help on changing gamer pic

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help on changing gamer pic: So rn im trying to change my customize gamer pic on the xbox app but it keeps on saying “sorry we cant upload the picture rn try again in a little while” and this been going on for about 3 days...
  3. Minecraft for Chromebooks--Multiplayer. Needed. Now.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Chromebooks--Multiplayer. Needed. Now.: If MS owns Minecraft, when will there be a multiplayer version of Minecraft that can run on Chrome devices? Look, I know that Microsoft and Android/Linux/Java/Chrome don't like each other, but...
  4. HELP NEEDED previously downloaded backward compatible games are not starting

in XboX Insiders
    HELP NEEDED previously downloaded backward compatible games are not starting: I am having trouble with playing backwards compatible games. None of them will start I put them in and after a few minutes it will say "game not playable here" all games are already installed. Gta...
  5. So the other day I accidentaly requested to update my security info. I need to cancel it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So the other day I accidentaly requested to update my security info. I need to cancel it...: So the other day I accidentaly requested to update my security info. I need to cancel it but there is an email that I dont know. Is there anyway to get another email/number to verify my account....
  6. I need help ....... [I'm on windows 10]

in XboX Insiders
    I need help ....... [I'm on windows 10]: So basically I got installed Xbox insiders hub so I could enroll in minecraft beta (nether update). It was fun and all but now no matter what I try i can't get out of it. I've tried everything,...
  7. xbox needs to get their stuff together

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox needs to get their stuff together: ever since CODIV-18, xbox servers have been strained. xbox is putting off upgrading them. the biggest problem is people streaming netflix. if u want netflix, get an apple tv. your ruining us...
  8. “..need to read the license.” after disc eject. One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    “..need to read the license.” after disc eject. One X: Just bought a factory re-certified One X from Walmart and every time I eject a game disc I get the “Insert Game Disc....license error (0x82d40004)”. I’ve seen many posts on this happening when a...
  9. Controller not syncing and "you'll need the internet for this"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not syncing and "you'll need the internet for this": Last night I got the message "you'll need the internet for this" so clicked the only option, ok or cancel. I could still play games an such so when I finished, I turned off my console and now...
  10. Need to Reset My Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to Reset My Console: In order to troubleshoot a router performance issue, I plan to reset my console using the 'Reset and Keep My Games & Apps' option. I'm currently in the first month of my most recent XBOX Live Gold...